Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on a good chaos year. 4 zones, no lagoon show, etc. Let’s see how this team gets creative and adapts to change.
I expect TLoU and ST queues would eat up a lot of guests. Whether that's good or bad depends on your perspective.

Having not seen the new minions land yet, if it wouldn't be too obtrusive blocking the new area, it would be cool to still stick up the big red sign or maybe have just a couple smoke machines hidden in some miniony-colored boxes so they don't stick out during the day, but add a different look to the buildings at night with some fog.

Play the background loop backwards. Suess Landing proved it's highly effective with low lighting,

Reactions: garpeel and TCox91
Doesn’t seem far fetched to have four scarezones. The M3GAN roaming hoard is probably an unofficial fifth zone. As others have speculated, taking the Minion Land scarezone isn’t a huge loss. It’s really just been a selfie zone the past few years anyway.
Honestly, losing that zone wouldn't be the WORST thing. Like someone said, that could allow them to give more attention to the other zones.
I'm a big fan of the Plaza of the Stars/Minion Land zones. Especially during 30 and 31. They really set the mood and give you a taste of what you're going to experience. No zone there at all would suck big time.

I thought they were gonna keep using the neon sign, which I love, but I guess I was wrong lol.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So if they are cutting opening zone and we are now at four complete zones, do we think this is the new norm?

Do we know if the decision was more about Uni wanting not to congest Minion Land at the moment, or Illumination might have said “No zone is Minion land”?

Either way I hope they keep Chainsaws in Springfield to pick up the slack.

So if they are cutting opening zone and we are now at four complete zones, do we think this is the new norm?

Do we know if the decision was more about Uni wanting not to congest Minion Land at the moment, or Illumination might have said “No zone is Minion land”?

I don’t think IIIumination has anything to do with it as the ride has been there

Reactions: Ahmanet

NBC/Comcast own Illumination so that isn’t it.

Something that has been crossing my mind is, are we really losing the Production Central zone? Or is that something we just assumed, like we assumed Legacy was talking about houses from their initial post?

Because if you're gonna' take out a zone, I'd say it would be better taking out one of the choke points, and Central Park is right there. Wouldn't be hard making it just an atmospheric zone by putting all sorts of things in the trees.

Something that has been crossing my mind is, are we really losing the Production Central zone? Or is that something we just assumed, like we assumed Legacy was talking about houses from their initial post?

Because if you're gonna' take out a zone, I'd say it would be better taking out one of the choke points, and Central Park is right there. Wouldn't be hard making it just an atmospheric zone by putting all sorts of things in the trees.
Not necessarily, just a guess.

We r saying that SZ bc Universal may want their new land (ML) to be visible during the day and not blocked by props for HHN.

Last edited:
Something different over there this year would make sense - Why would Universal want to set HHN props surrounding their brand-new Minions area as they try to promote in the day?

Also, I have to assume that Minions Cafe, if open, is going to eat up a lot of people during the event.

I wouldn't mind only having 4 scare zones...so long as the budget SZ overall budget isn't cut and we get 25% more scareactors in each zone and some nicer/bigger props in the 4 they have.

Having not seen the new minions land yet, if it wouldn't be too obtrusive blocking the new area, it would be cool to still stick up the big red sign or maybe have just a couple smoke machines hidden in some miniony-colored boxes so they don't stick out during the day, but add a different look to the buildings at night with some fog.

Doesn’t seem far fetched to have four scarezones. The M3GAN roaming hoard is probably an unofficial fifth zone. As others have speculated, taking the Minion Land scarezone isn’t a huge loss. It’s really just been a selfie zone the past few years anyway.

Honestly, losing that zone wouldn't be the WORST thing. Like someone said, that could allow them to give more attention to the other zones.

Cutting zones has not meant better or bigger zones that I could remember. I honestly don't recall the remaining zones having more stuff.
If anything the years that we had 4 zones everything felt smaller on the remaining areas.

When they cut zones it always ends up badly.
Areas always end up feeling empty and dead. And dark. It's never ever good.
It's not just about the scares or the props, but it's about the ambience and atmosphere that the zone brings. The lights, the sounds, the fog.

The minion area, why can't they just have actors without props? Just bring back hordes.
Is Simpsons area gonna be empty as well?
Why can't they use the area where killer klowns were?
what if they have 4 regular zones and 3 hordes?

I hear it as "we have five scare zones, four traditional scare zones plus our NEW M3GAN hoard which will pop up anytime around the park!"

We know they're hiring for M3GANs, using some speculation here that's how I see it going. But who knows or why, I'm still waiting for a birdie to fly to my window.

Status
Not open for further replies.