Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just looking at the EU renderings and I'm hoping when the hype machine revs up next year that we get an updated rendering. I'm always so impressed with how accurate the renderings are, and it will be nice to see the updated version with the missing/replaced restaurants and the changes to Dark Universe made. Of course we can see MOST changes in the real world already, but the rendering will still give a better idea of some of the details.

How To Train Your Dragon is shaping up to be the most impressive land IMHO. So vibrant. Though all of the lands are starting to look incredible.

First the franchise was an extremely popular children’s book series, then it was 3 movies that made $1.6 billion globally, then it was 2 (I think) popular spin-off series on Netflix. I still can’t understand why some people thought this wouldn’t make a good land. I also think this will be one of those lands that will be so impressive it will make kids who never knew the franchise go back and check it out after visiting.

How To Train Your Dragon is shaping up to be the most impressive land IMHO. So vibrant. Though all of the lands are starting to look incredible.

First the franchise was an extremely popular children’s book series, then it was 3 movies that made $1.6 billion globally, then it was 2 (I think) popular spin-off series on Netflix. I still can’t understand why some people thought this wouldn’t make a good land. I also think this will be one of those lands that will be so impressive it will make kids who never knew the franchise go back and check it out after visiting.
It's going to be a good land overall, but the rides don't look to be anything special. The coaster looks just okay, the Sky-Fly attractions are really cool but aren't unique, the splash battle looks incredibly short, and we're missing a dark ride. It doesn't have a standout ride like the other lands do.

It's going to be a good land overall, but the rides don't look to be anything special. The coaster looks just okay, the Sky-Fly attractions are really cool but aren't unique, the splash battle looks incredibly short, and we're missing a dark ride. It doesn't have a standout ride like the other lands do.
Presumably the show is meant to be the land's real anchor attraction.

I continue to believe it's odd that, in-universe, none of the land's attractions are going to offer guests the chance to do the one thing that most people watching the HTTYD movies would probably want from its theme park land: ride a dragon.

Last edited: