Blue Beetle | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Beetle

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My only complaint is the Scarab has a generic female voice, in Young Justice the dialogue between the Scarab and Jaime were so funny and it felt like a much different relationship then what we seem to be getting here which feels more like Ironman.

I hope I love it and it looks fun

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
My only complaint is the Scarab has a generic female voice, in Young Justice the dialogue between the Scarab and Jaime were so funny and it felt like a much different relationship then what we seem to be getting here which feels more like Ironman.

I hope I love it and it looks fun

I don't know anything about the blue beetle comic. But I hope it has a strong villain. It doesn't seem to. I'm sure they are hiding it for the movie but I hope there's a good iconic villain. But it doesn't seem to

I don't know anything about the blue beetle comic. But I hope it has a strong villain. It doesn't seem to. I'm sure they are hiding it for the movie but I hope there's a good iconic villain. But it doesn't seem to
I'm not looking up who it is but yeah the Villain I think will be generic

I assume the second film if we get one will have a better villain and kinda simliar plot to Shazzam 2 where the main plot is about where the power comes from and them coming to take it back

I'm not looking up who it is but yeah the Villain I think will be generic

I assume the second film if we get one will have a better villain and kinda simliar plot to Shazzam 2 where the main plot is about where the power comes from and them coming to take it back

If the villains of this movie is just the military or something like that. It's gonna suuuck

This might legitimately be the first super hero film that I'm just completely turned off of. From the origin story to the powers being literally a mesh of things I've already seen to the bland style to the comedic side characters to the themes of family and responsibility... it's just everything I've seen before and there's NOTHING new here to make me excited.

I also just have to say how much I really loathe that literally every super hero is now going to have a CGI helmet/suit. It's such pure lazyness and rips out the last shreds of grounded realism in these movies for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
This might legitimately be the first super hero film that I'm just completely turned off of. From the origin story to the powers being literally a mesh of things I've already seen to the bland style to the comedic side characters to the themes of family and responsibility... it's just everything I've seen before and there's NOTHING new here to make me excited.

I also just have to say how much I really loathe that literally every super hero is now going to have a CGI helmet/suit. It's such pure lazyness and rips out the last shreds of grounded realism in these movies for me.

People say that it feels like green lantern lol.

People say that it feels like green lantern lol.

Wouldn't go that far and I'm not even saying it looks bad in particular, it just has nothing that interests me because I've already seen it.

I'll go see Thor 4 or GotG 3 because I know and love those characters, not their abilities. So pushing out what off the cusp just looks like a mishmash of previous caped crusaders doesn't perk my interest (which is say I'm sure the Blue Beetle character has tons of great moments and stories in the comics).

The suit just looks like a Blue version of the Iron Spider suit. This movie is gonna bomb so hard.

So, surprisingly, reviews seem to be pretty good so far with a 79% on RT currently. Granted, that's not an amazing number, but compared to most live-action superhero movies this year, it's impressive. Too bad about the box office prospects though.

I forgot I made this thread :lmao:

The reviews I saw on YouTube said, really strong family scenes. Great family jokes, and banter, very charming stuff.....outside of the suit and the action. Family plays a huge part.
But action and suit stuff was generic? Generic villain. Feels like generic super hero movies.

DC is gonna DC.

They've lost me, and just about everyone else when it comes to their universe. Releasing movies that are retconned to have some weird "we were a DCEU movie, but now we're DCU", taking forever to release the movies/sequels people actually want to see, or just flat out never making them at all *cough cough Batman solo film with Affleck*.

Hope this movie is good, but you won't catch me heading to a theater to watch it. Same goes for just about any other DC project until that Superman movie comes out, which I doubt we see until Summer 2026..

Reactions: chris.g
DC is gonna DC.

They've lost me, and just about everyone else when it comes to their universe. Releasing movies that are retconned to have some weird "we were a DCEU movie, but now we're DCU", taking forever to release the movies/sequels people actually want to see, or just flat out never making them at all *cough cough Batman solo film with Affleck*.

Hope this movie is good, but you won't catch me heading to a theater to watch it. Same goes for just about any other DC project until that Superman movie comes out, which I doubt we see until Summer 2026..

This might flop harder than flash. It's got the lowest weekend of all DC movies. It's basically over. It's over from the beginning.
I don't know what James Gunn will do now. Everyone is angry at him for his tweets. He says he supports this as part of his universe then he says it won't
He says he wanted a younger Superman ( getting rid of cavill because of age) but now he says Superman won't be young. It's messy.

All I know is that he contradicted himself like 5 times and DC fans are MAD! lol
This is serious business. The future of the entire DC franchise is at stake here lol.
Technically I love James Gunn and I never cared much for the snyderverse. So I'm happy with him taking over DC. But, not only is this movie flopping harder than Flash, but everyone is getting mad at Gunn now.

The real shame (imo) is that all DCEU projects this year have been at minimum good or fun watches. If you compare the 2023 DCEU slate vs. MCU slate by quality, has been better on the aggregate.

The issue is DC is suffering from not only lack of general public caring, but also fans now starting to quit backing the films.

The issue is DC is suffering from not only lack of general public caring, but also fans now starting to quit backing the films.
I don't even know if it's just a DC problem right now either. The Marvels is going to bomb BADLY.

No idea if anyone else saw it but I did

It's good, but still has something very DC about it that made what could have been a great film into just a good film

The Villain was much better then expected, the family works very well but think the third Act kinda feels like too campy

I think the film has a lot of good things and the character was brought to the screen well but I don't think this film will do well boxoffice wise.
Even if they can't keep the whole cast of people from this to come back I do hope see Blue Beetle come into the DC universe