The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on this picture (thanks Felipe!), as opposed to others, it kind of looks like there are 4 "things" on the table

WWoHPFJDisplay.jpg

WWoHPFJDisplay-1.jpg

What do you think?

This may be a long shot, but if these aren't what I think they are then I'm going crazy.

On the wall of the many rides' concept art, there seems to be concept art yet to be released to the public in better definition.

Forbidden%20Journey%20Queue%20Concept%20Art.png

Yes, concept art of the Forbidden Journey queue.

The one to the left evokes the Gothic pillars, iron staircases and circular design of the Headmaster's office:
office.jpg

Though the one to the right is harder to make out, ceiling supports are jetting out from the wall at an acute angle and the iconic DADA classroom staircase is present:
dada-classroom-film.jpg

I agree Dan, but the video's editing made it horribly difficult to see many of the things there... :-( I, like you, wonder what that is between the dragon and the acromantula... it looks to be flying too, maybe it's Fawkes the phoenix? (btw, also look at the shots of the TriWizard Trophy and to the right you see a tiny bright-red Chinese Firebolt!)

EDIT: It might be an optical illusion from the tip of the Horntail's left wing (our right) and a right leg (our left) from the acromantula. Upon closer inspection, you can see the stack of books there and you can see it's the wing and what seems like a leg of the acromantula:
WWoHPDisplayDragon.jpg

BJCool, I think you're right. That seems to be Dumbledore's office and the DADA classroom!

Since you guys are talking butterbeer mugs... Look at these! They look to be Three Broomsticks Tin Butterbeer pints/mugs/whatcha-call-em? (Maybe the plastic ones seen in the Ellen show are the souvenir cups, although I'd like a tin one more than a plastic one with a logo...)

WWoHPButterbeerpint.jpg

WWoHPButterbeerpint2.jpg

Also, look at THIS! Steps going up to Hagrid's Hut! AWESOME PHOTO OP!!! Thanks Uni!

WWoHPHagridsHutsteps.jpg

More specific instructions to watch the WWoHP footage: you can go here: http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/video/muggles-and-wizards/1216189 and then click a little after the second white marker on the timeline bar (below the video). The footage starts right around 21 minutes into the episode. (see my Hagrid's Hut pic for reference)

Last edited:
PS

In regards to cell phone usage in the Wizarding World, it should be maintained that a park is for fun, guest comfort, and safety first. Story elements may be disrupted by cell phone usage, iron railings in the halls of Hogwarts, noisy patrons, or even large visible show buildings, but ultimately guests are there to have fun and be safe and comfortable, so I would highly doubt there would be a no cell phone usage policy or even some sort of cell phone jamming device to sell everyone on being in Harry's world. Not saying they may not have written into the story of the Wizarding World something to counteract this apparent "plot hole" in the land, but I don't see them worrying too much about it. Besides, I have high doubts that Ollivander's won't be accepting mastercards and visas. Just enjoy the park, and don't worry too much on how truly "accurate" to the books Universal can be, it still has to be a park that operates safely, cost effectively, and does so 365 days a year. Besides all that, I'm sure you can find plenty of things far more inaccurate with the world then cell phone usage once it opens and you get to walk around and see it inside and out, and if you try to it may just hurt your experience. So just enjoy it when it opens and be thankful for the level of detail they have achieved.

My issue with cell phones isn't accuracy. And, I'm all for safety.

I just wonder what we did before cell phones? It seems that they now define decorum and I believe that is just wrong.

what we did before cellphones was say ok were gonna meet near whatever place and then walkie talkies came out and we used them saying im near or do you want meet me at whatever place.

Cmon guys! I would like this experience to be as authentic as possible too but we also need to be reasonable! We are muggles - we use items wizards don't use... like cell phones! There is little to no way to quiet the buzz of excited children. Relax! This place looks amazing from the pictures. Take it for what it is - a THEME PARK. Enjoy!
Get pissed about the fact that they haven't offered information on TM previews or passholder previews so that the rest of us lowlife people can get in to see it for soft openings! C'MON UNIVERSAL! GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!

I think I have finished my small... but needed... rant!

Oh damn the Womping Willow is going to be crap if everything is the same as in that room, when they said life size maybe they meant when it was first planted :lol:

Those models are called maquettes. Most are built on an exact scale of 1/2 inch equalling one foot. So let's say the model is 3 inches wide and 10 inches tall, the actual prop would be 6 feet wide and 20 feet tall.

--- Update ---

...I'm sorry but it just hit me, WHERE IS THE BASILISK?!

I believe that was the confirmation that you're out of luck :( Bummer, for certain, but it doesn't look like we'll be dissappointed considering everything else we saw.

I'm not a parent and I can truly appreciate how mobile phone technology has made tracking your children much easier. Just wondering if there is a balance that can be reached.

This isn't really for this forum, but there are all sorts of social ramifications based on how we - as a culture - have adopted mobile phone technology. I just read a very impressive psychological article which argued that children today don't have many of the same social coping mechanisms / tools, because they don't have to approach certain situations face-to-face. (i.e. asking for a first date is often now text'd). The article believes that some of the recent teen suicides attributed to bullying have as much to do with how children learn to cope with these horrible situations, as the situations themselves. It argues that our obsession with digital media - computer forums, mobile phones, etc. - is partly to blame.

I still think people should silence their cell phones before a movie starts and I think the same applies to The Forbidden Journey when it transitions from just being a line to a walk through experience.

Just my opinion.

--- Update ---

Okay... I've stumbled upon something pretty big...

I am torn between sharing what I know (it's an interesting, but not complete understanding of how the ride works), or doing the Teebin tease. I put this to the forum. Who wants a puzzle with clues - Teebin style, or who wants me to simply put out what I know? (I will decide based on private messages, so private me with your preference and I'll do as the forum requests.)

-- For those who like a good puzzle this one was really fun to figure out. I had the puzzle option, and that's the one I'd choose.

OMFG, enough with the dumb cellphone discussion. They're annoying and people who use them in queue lines are complete a-holes and it will disrupt the authenticity of Harry Potter's world. GET. OVER. IT. Sorry to sound like this but I've just scrolled right past any post where I can recognize the word cellphone because all you people are posting is your own mindless dreck that is entirely pointless to the "news and rumors" aforementioned purpose of this thread. Step back and think if posting about your hatred of cellphone users in theme parks is legitimately notable or just irritating to others who may feel the same way as you, but don't think that discussion belongs in the WWOHP thread.

Which is why you can now continue in this new thread I have created especially for this argument.

Disgust for Cellphone Users in Theme Parks

Reactions: Felipe
^So precise, I could cry. On the way from CityWalk, a party of six ran a lady's head into the No bag Line on accident and she blew up.

so we think the four objects are a dragon and the whomping willow and aragog and we dont know if the 4th object is the sorting hat or a dementor.

haha.

Back to a bit more relevancy of taking notice to The episode of the Apprentice the other night we can note the fact that this thing was taped all the way back around September. Notice the Usher's ticket booth recently set up and other stuff getting prepared.

So, a couple of thoughts and questions have been nagging me.

In the photo of the cobra head out back of JP... was there more than one cobra head or or only the one. I never pulled the picture at the time.

Another question I have is when was the cobra head first posted and by whom?

Also, where is Disneyhead? He usually has numerous comments each day on here but he has gone very silent as of late. I know he said recently that his kids were coming to town. Was it this past week?

Disneyhead also voiced that he hoped to be at the opening press event yet he also stated that Universal disliked him for taking his helicopter shots. Why would they ever allow someone that they dislike and whom everyone on here knows works for a local news company into a big press event? That would be like allowing TMZ into the Tiger Woods press event at the Masters today.

Disneyhead obviously knows insiders as he knew MONTHS ago how many kuka vehicles there were. I mean, he knew 6-12 months ago! What else doth he know, and why does he know it in such detail so early in the game?

PS: I am not trying to be controversial, just trying to be, well, controversial.

Last edited:
I believe there were at least two Cobra heads at the time backstage in that photo which still gives me a lot of hope or no worries at the moment (which ever way you want to look at it) to the Basilik going to be in the ride since it was in the american scenic concept art along with those very same Cobra heads.

haha.

Back to a bit more relevancy of taking notice to The episode of the Apprentice the other night we can note the fact that this thing was taped all the way back around September. Notice the Usher's ticket booth recently set up and other stuff getting prepared.
sorry for not knowing anything else to talk about.

ScottinNY, as much fun as a riddle sounds, I suck at riddles... So hmm... I kinda want a riddle but at the same time I just want to know. Okay, okay... even tho I usually suck at riddles, I vote give it in a riddle.