Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 524 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of it as mini lands SNW already has two, Mario's and DK. Sliding Luigi's area into that makes the most sense.

snwplot.png

I think the big doorway is the one Alicia is referring to? You can easily see where the land could fit with room to grow closer to the DK coaster (right side). I don't know how much of the rumored Black Lagoon ride is reserved in that space but I think there's enough room that Universal could squeeze one last area between BL, DK, and Luigi's Mansion area.

snwluigimansion.png

You'd easily get back to the park from Luigi's area instead of going all the way back to "Mario's land" with the convenience of the Nintendo store right there too.

No idea if Alicia or anyone else covered this but as I was creating this super amazing piece of art I noticed there's another large portal similar to the one leading into the land that currently goes to nowhere. This is different from the one currently built as it's closer to the DK coaster. Theoretically this could connect to a new IP too with one more connecting pipe from this new area to Luigi's and from there it connects back to the existing doorway shown earlier to DK and the exit back to the park or perhaps exit through the Nintendo shop directly.

As a bonus an old decrepit mansion in the distance would only add to the skyline of the Monsters area! It's such a perfect fit if they do build Luigi's Mansion right there I would say it was almost on purpose. :lol:

I wonder if these expansions would have even been possible had SNW opened in USF as originally planned?

All of this sounds really cool, but I’m gonna be honest….that Pokémon concept sounds pretty underwhelming to me. I was really hoping the AR would be isolated to Mario Kart, but it sounds like they want to expand on it despite the feedback from USH. Losing Spiderman is going to be a major loss for the Japanese.
This but with Pokémon (MK non-AR):

I don't think flapping my arms or trying to battle or catch Pokémon through AR/VR works for Pokémon in a way that's going to be satifsying as a ride. In MK it's okay but it's also almost unnecessary for the ride itself because it looks so good without the goggles. I think something along the lines of a safari adventure in the form of an ET/Haunted Mansion/SLoP/Yoshi dark ride (no goggles, heavy on animatronics and quality visual effects) is the way to go. Imagine a Dinosaur or Indiana Jones-type adventure ride in thrill level with a Pokémon professor narrating.

My strong opinion is that if it isn't reminiscent of a Pokémon Snap trip isn't going to work as well as it could otherwise. I don't say that to doubt the capability of Universal Creative because they obviously have done incredible things but thinking about rides that do require goggles across the resort and the physical set-heavy ones without them... for Pokémon, make it all as real as possible and don't make me watch it through special glasses. It doesn't sound like that'll be the case unfortunately.

My wish for a Pokémon stage show: Start with a simple setup like a gym leader character made just for this land and Pokémon trainers are competing for their gym badge. A Pokémon stunt show around Pokémon training would be cool to see, like Bourne or WW but actors dodging fire and water attacks with Team Rocket shenanigans.

Out of all the things coming down the pipeline Pokémon is definitely one I'm both excited and impatient for. I sincerely hope they knock it out!

Edit: Catching up with the other tread now and seeing similar thoughts. I'll follow up on PKMN stuff there. Busy day!

Last edited:
Anyone care to make an educated guess as to when AP previews and / or soft openings may start for EU next year? I realise it’s too far out for there to be any sort of certainty, but we want to roll the dice and book a short trip over just before Summer kicks off in the hopes that we get lucky and get in before the grand opening / schools let out - and we need to start thinking about booking time off work and have firm dates before Helios bookings go live.

At the moment I’m leaning towards the second half of May - either the week beginning the 19th or 26th. Does this sound about right for a shot in the dark?

Could be absolutely nothing, but interesting to note that the Universal Orlando Seasonal Pass for non-Florida residents is blocked out from April 7-26 in 2025. Blockout dates for this year run from mid-March to April 6. Universal is effectively selling a 15-month pass right now, so it'll be interesting to see if those dates extend into May.

Edit: No inside information here, but is it possible this is a reflection of when Universal expects Epic Universe to debut?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 16.34.47.png

Last edited:
2025 is a very late Easter, which translates into late Spring Breaks also. These block dates probably reflect that. Generally Seasonal is blocked out in relation to how Easter falls. Just like the Christmas New Years block. etc.

This seems the most likely to me considering it's a shift of spring break dates and not an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.