Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like its going to be wound up placed with M3gan, same situation as Freaky and Black Phone with M3gan starting the house first and fnaf being the ending. It would be a perfect opportunity to place the M3gans by the ride and give them a permanent spot especially to promote the house if it sticks to being by F&TF but I'm sure it'll still be a nightmare.

As for Freddy, he tends to pop up a lot often in the rumor mill along with the other slashers and its understandable since most people see the anniversaries coming and I don't see Universal always using anniversaries all the time to just bring the ip, there's been a few times yes but I'm not seeing them doing it as a constant thing but also you don't always need something to promote the house coming too.
I mean, I agree the M3GANs should get a permanent spot if they (or a similar act) were to return, and it could be put by a FNAF house to promote Blumhouse, but there is no way they don't give a horror property as major as FNAF it's own house. With the pairings they've done in the past, neither movie had the popularity, anticipation, or generational appeal that FNAF has.

I mean, I agree the M3GANs should get a permanent spot if they (or a similar act) were to return, and it could be put by a FNAF house to promote Blumhouse, but there is no way they don't give a horror property as major as FNAF it's own house. With the pairings they've done in the past, neither movie had the popularity, anticipation, or generational appeal that FNAF has.
There's many good scenes for the film but majority takes place in the Pizzeria and honestly it just feels to me that they would do a similar situation as they do with The Black Phone section in 2022. M3GAN would get a few of the key scenes of course and immediately out break outside and leading into the Fazbear facade into the Pizzeria immediately. I can understand the appeal for both but I just don't see Universal or powers of be to believe its a standalone, they would likely place something with it as a safety blanket but that's just my thought of them going with it.

There's many good scenes for the film but majority takes place in the Pizzeria and honestly it just feels to me that they would do a similar situation as they do with The Black Phone section in 2022. M3GAN would get a few of the key scenes of course and immediately out break outside and leading into the Fazbear facade into the Pizzeria immediately. I can understand the appeal for both but I just don't see Universal or powers of be to believe its a standalone, they would likely place something with it as a safety blanket but that's just my thought of them going with it.
FNaF is a video game IP that equals, if not exceeds the popularity of TLoU. It could easily serve as a headlining IP for the event, especially given the popularity of last year's movie and the franchise's 10th anniversary. I could see there being some level of backlash if FNaF didn't get a full house to itself.

FNaF is a video game IP that equals, if not exceeds the popularity of TLoU. It could easily serve as a headlining IP for the event, especially given the popularity of last year's movie and the franchise's 10th anniversary. I could see there being some level of backlash if FNaF didn't get a full house to itself.
Yeah, I could understand people want both the game and movie to be represented respectfully but since its under the Blumhouse banner, I can see them only going a simple effective route and hitting key scenes from the film, of course easter eggs galore if there are, not saying the franchise alone is not headlining material as it is but it just won't be headlining as a standalone house, I'm sure Jason Blum would probably want it to be a double ip house with M3GAN in both coasts despite the fans wanting it as a standalone, its the only way to service both fanbases of both films.

Last edited:
Does M3GAN have a fanbase? lol
It's not surprising lol, with how many people lined up for her show last year and begged for her to be used in some form at the event and a new movie coming in the future, Jason Blum and Universal definitely can print money with her, I'm not one for it, I'd rather think fnaf could be its own thing, the house could do well alone but others could see it needing an addition. If they were paired together, I could see it being similar to 2022 where both are the headliner, co-headliner ips in commercial and promotional material.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
M3GAN, not sure if it could work as a solo house despite yes they have a couple of good scenes but yes they add some original scenes to it which is what I could see regardless if they pair both ips together, I'm not saying its deadset those two paired together but I just don't see fnaf as a standalone even though it deserves it, I'm hoping not for another Horrors of Blumhouse but its hard not think of since its an easier way out for Universal to do more than one blumhouse ip instead having to wait later on down the line.

everyone seemed to forget she was everywhere and marketed a lot, Jason Blum really wanted that movie to succeed and of course wanted to get FNAF and Exorcist to go in that level as well, FNAF undoubtedly was the most hyped over Exorcist.
Yeah a M3GAN x FNAF Horrors of Blumhouse would be the most popular version of the Horrors of Blumhouses by far.

FNAF should be it’s own house but I imagine the only reason Uni would consider putting FNAF in a split house in the first place would be to save money on the costumes which I imagine wouldn’t be at all cheap to make.

Yeah, I could understand people want both the game and movie to be represented respectfully but since its under the Blumhouse banner
I'd like to point out that in 2018 Hollywood got BOTH "Horrors of Blumhouse" (Truth or Dare & Unfriended) & "The First Purge" as separate houses despite being Blumhouse. So don't for a second think that Universal wouldn't do the same again.

also Orlando had Cabin in the Woods & Evil Dead in 2013, along with Resident Evil & TWD (house & parkwide SZ).. so similar things, but different. Again, multiple Blumhouse IPs in the same year but separately isn't too far-fetched.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'd like to point out that in 2018 Hollywood got BOTH "Horrors of Blumhouse" (Truth or Dare & Unfriended) & "The First Purge" as separate houses despite being Blumhouse. So don't for a second think that Universal wouldn't do the same again.

also Orlando had Cabin in the Woods & Evil Dead in 2013, along with Resident Evil & TWD (house & parkwide SZ).. so similar things, but different. Again, multiple Blumhouse IPs in the same year but separately isn't too far-fetched.
To me, anything's possible, for me I think the movie was good but honestly it seems like it would just be placed with another ip similar to Black Phone in which the setting is still the same and its simple, there's not too much for it to be warranted alone because they can place another ip whether new or held for quite sometime that they wanna represent to be added to it and it won't lose any hype to it and again I understand fanbase want the house to be a standalone, also we could say same thing about Exorcist Believer but that was placed as a standalone, so anythings possible, just hope the quality of the house is not diminished.

Honestly, you could alternate the same scene with the same big fuzzy robotic character every other room & the GP wouldn't notice as long as Freddy Fazbear was attacking them.

Also the pizzeria facade is too iconic to not be its own house facade. Universal likes those "wow" moments when given the opportunity
I agree, but honestly depending on the placement which seems to point to F&TF if it doesn't in the future good, I think facade wouldn't be too "wow" as it might look similar to the opening of our chucky house, now Hollywood would probably find a better way around it since theirs would probably be outdoors on the lot so a better chance of fulfilling the facade placement being the pizzeria.

To be honest this is kind of off topic but I want Freddy Kruger at the event I really don't care about other IPS right now besides Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy Kruger can of course always headline the event.
Oh no doubt it would be great to see a sequel to the ip original of Dreamwalkers, that was an amazing house to experience back then and it could be done in much better ways now with how much Universal has gotten better with many of the effects nowadays, it would be incredible to see Krueger back.

I agree, but honestly depending on the placement which seems to point to F&TF if it doesn't in the future good, I think facade wouldn't be too "wow" as it might look similar to the opening of our chucky house, now Hollywood would probably find a better way around it since theirs would probably be outdoors on the lot so a better chance of fulfilling the facade placement being the pizzeria.
If it goes in F&F I imagine they’ll put a Freddy’s sign over the entrance to the self half of the house in the outdoor part.

everyone seemed to forget she was everywhere and marketed a lot lol. Jason Blum really wanted that movie to succeed and of course wanted to get FNAF and Exorcist to go in that level as well, FNAF undoubtedly was the most hyped over Exorcist. So why not place two of your biggest ips that hit hard in the box office in one house.
I was mostly being sarcastic lol, I know M3GAN has fans but I mostly meant that it's not really a "fanbase" like you see with FNAF. FNAF should absolutely be its own thing, but I could see them deff doing a solo M3GAN house in 2025 with the sequel.

Reactions: Ahmanet
If it goes in F&F I imagine they’ll put a Freddy’s sign over the entrance to the self half of the house in the outdoor part.
What I could see very possible of happening if they did horrors of blumhouse, it wouldn't harm the facade too much but would take away the better expectation that we would like to see of it.

Hollywood has a better chance having it outdoors.

I was mostly being sarcastic lol, I know M3GAN has fans but I mostly meant that it's not really a "fanbase" like you see with FNAF. FNAF should absolutely be its own thing, but I could see them deff doing a solo M3GAN house in 2025 with the sequel.
I understand what you mean, the idea is good but doesn't need to be a double feature, both can somewhat stand on their own, but honestly I don't see them waiting that long to do M3GAN, I'm not a fortuneteller, there could be better opportunities along the way that would make them surpass that ip if there is better along the way, I felt that they were sowing the seeds trying to make another double feature horrors of blumhouse and adding these two, FNAF would make a good solo house nevertheless, I'd hope for that but I feel like they'd want to place it in a comp house which I'm sure would rub a lot of people the wrong way in going that direction but both ips are big enough to be in one house and not overlap each other.

Reactions: mccgavin