Disneyland Resort | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still want Country Bears brought back, BUT... I want it located by the Grizzly River Run. It'd be the perfect fit for Grizzly Peak.

I'd also relocate Goofy's Sky School closer to Soarin'. Then add a Coco ride where GSS was.

Unfortunately none of that will happen. Although I did keep saying San Fransokyo should takeover the San Francisco area & that finally happened. So there's hope for a better DCA future lol

Reactions: Freak
That same coaster was rumored for DHS years ago. Obviously didn't happen.

I still say they should relocate Monster's Inc over to Pixar Pier. Even I'd the layout would need to change. That way the park doesn't lose a dark ride & HollywoodLand would have more empty space to fill (in 2075)

Door coaster's gotta be up there amongst perpetually desired yet never completed theme park projects. I'm kind of surprised no concept art for such a ride has emerged despite it being a persistent rumor for nigh on two decades now.

Never realized it got that far. Any reason why they scrapped it?
From former head of the park Dan Cockerell at the time:

Cockerell said that he told Imagineers that while he loved the idea and would be “first in line to ride it”, it didn’t align with the goals of the park to bring in more family friendly attractions. Ultimately, the idea was dropped after Cockerell told Imagineering that it just didn’t make sense for the future of the park.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Freak and Wesker69
Sigh. His vision of the future was seriously flawed. It would've been a great addition to DHS. While not a suspended swinging coaster, Slinky-Dog Dash is popular with families & adults.

Sigh. His vision of the future was seriously flawed. It would've been a great addition to DHS. While not a suspended swinging coaster, Slinky-Dog Dash is popular with families & adults.
I think there may be more to it than he was saying. I'm sure they were looking to diversify attractions in the park, however, if you've been around theme park forums as long as I have, you'll recall this rumor initially popped up in July 2008. The economy was in the gutter at this time and didn't fully recover for at least another few years.

If I had to guess, i'd say that played a part in the ride's cancelation. Supposedly the ride would've been restrictive as well so it's just a whole cocktail of things that worked against it.

Reactions: Jake S and Nico
Yep. I remember budget being a factor back then. It's hard to believe, but funny, how this Monster's Inc coaster keeps popping up every few years. Disneyland definitely could use a different type of coaster in their park (Disney Forward?)

If I remember correctly, they were going to put it next to TSM.

Yep. I remember budget being a factor back then. It's hard to believe, but funny, how this Monster's Inc coaster keeps popping up every few years. Disneyland definitely could use a different type of coaster in their park (Disney Forward?)

If I remember correctly, they were going to put it next to TSM.
I have no idea what a DLR rumor for this ride had the attraction at, but in DHS, it was supposed to go where the third track for TSM ended up going.

Reactions: Wesker69
Yea. That's what I thought. Still hate that they added a 3rd track to TSM. A whole new ride would've been better.

Yea @Freak any knowledge on the Disneyland rumor for this?? I don't hate the current Monster's Inc ride, it's good for what it is.

Yea. That's what I thought. Still hate that they added a 3rd track to TSM. A whole new ride would've been better.

Yea @Freak any knowledge on the Disneyland rumor for this?? I don't hate the current Monster's Inc ride, it's good for what it is.
Here’s an article from MiceChat that’s way back from 2013:

Basically what it was saying is that they were planning on the Door Coaster to replace Muppet Vision and also take up the old Millionaire building next to it. The current Monsters Inc ride would have stayed to make a Monstropolis mini land. It got far enough along to where they put height balloons above the Millionaire building.

lol

My god they hate dr facilier..... not even a shop? I'm sorry he is a very poplar villain, I don't get why he can't be present in the park

Reactions: alias8703
My god they hate dr facilier..... not even a shop? I'm sorry he is a very poplar villain, I don't get why he can't be present in the park
Is there much precedence for theming a store around a villain? I'm trying to think of an example (I'm sure there's at least one) but I'm struggling to come up with it.

Why is Critter Country closing? Is it really even closing if Pooh and Hungry Bear are still open, which this article doesn't seem to mention? Will the walkway to Galaxy's Edge still be open? You can't just throw out "Critter Country is closing" without being a bit more specific (unless they don't know what Critter Country is at this point).

EDIT: The only thing that makes a full closure of Critter Country make sense to me is if they're reclaiming space from the Pooh queue and the surrounding landscaped areas to expand the size of the pathway between Hungry Bear, a move that would actually expand the area's capacity, given that Pooh rarely goes over a five minute wait time.
Is there much precedence for theming a store around a villain?
Gaston's and Lefou's...you used to be able to eat on Captain Hook's ship...other than that, there's the First Order Depot in Galaxy's Edge and Knockturn Alley.

Last edited:
Is there much precedence for theming a store around a villain? I'm trying to think of an example (I'm sure there's at least one) but I'm struggling to come up with it.
I mean, you'd think a company obsessed with making money would.....a little listen to fans

He has been the one thing people talk about positively from the film that can translate to the ride....hes not htere cool.....the little store is perfect for his shop and nope can't do that

I just find it insane that DIsney says they listen to fans when building theme park stuff then do this....

From what I hear his lines where as long as other huge villains at Oggie Boogie Bash before him and maleficent were excluded last year from the event....it feels like they are just on purpose excluding him
Why is Critter Country closing? Is it really even closing if Pooh and Hungry Bear are still open, which this article doesn't seem to mention? Will the walkway to Galaxy's Edge still be open? You can't just throw out "Critter Country is closing" without being a bit more specific (unless they don't know what Critter Country is at this point).

EDIT: The only thing that makes a full closure of Critter Country make sense to me is if they're reclaiming space from the Pooh queue and the surrounding landscaped areas to expand the size of the pathway between Hungry Bear, a move that would actually expand the area's capacity, given that Pooh rarely goes over a five minute wait time.

Gaston's and Lefou's...you used to be able to eat on Captain Hook's ship...other than that, there's the First Order Depot in Galaxy's Edge and Knockturn Alley.
I have no idea, why they would not just close the shops for a few days and even if the Pooh Q needs some work (also that ride will have 30+ mins lines once this ride reopens...so hope they don't shorter the Q) Why not just close the ride for a few days....vs a month+ when that side of the park has 2 attractions down already.

My only hope is the area is getting more retheming then they want to admit making it a bayou (not in name but themeing) and maybe.......maybeeeee if we are lucky some new effects being added to Winnie the Pooh. If they really go all in then I'll be more behind this move but.....really sucks to lose this much of the park at the same time

Also to me destroys 's those saying TL can't be redone because too much of the park would be down....we have a HUGE area now down starting in May and Disney seems not to care

Last edited: