The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How long would you say FJ was open for?
Once the gates were open, was there a mad rush of people running towards the castle to get on the ride?

I'm just trying to know what to expect when I'm there Thursday morning! :look:

Sorry, I honestly couldn't say how long FJ was open. At 8am we were allowed to go from Port of Entry towards the WWoHP. I went straight to FJ and I only stopped to put a backpack in the lockers. I rushed through the entire queue, as most people were doing, because I was afraid the ride could go down. I'd say maybe 20-30 minutes FJ was running? but like I said, I couldn't say for sure. I had no watch or phone on me :-S

A lot of people were going to FJ! It was funny, the "greeters" by the entrance to Hippogriff and some other staff were telling people that Hippogriff was open too and they could ride that as well :p Most were going towards FJ.

I recommend that you make sure you get to the gate of IoA at least by 7:30am so you can be near the front. I was near the middle of the "pack" and I got there at 7:40 - 7:45am.

I'm gonna catch up a little bit more on here and I'm going to bed. I'm so tired... Last night I slept maybe 2 hours with my insomnia plus the added anxiety and excitement of going to the WWoHP.
So, I'll post my detailed report and pics tomorrow. Everything I got has pretty much been seen before, so it's nothing totally new, maybe some new angles, but nothing to die for.

G'night!

Any word on AP discounts within the WWOHP?? I know the AP website says no but it seems odd they would allow AAA discounts and not AP.

Wow, the review on Disboards was from a Mainer... who came from northern Maine. Here I am a Mainer... that lives here in Florida. Without spoiling anything... she was so desperate to get on, she left her husband and children in the dust of Hogsmeade. She admitted that a tree came at her, but couldn't remember the name of it. *rolls eyes*.

And friends... a DEspoiler. American Scenic appears to have not gotten the contract. And anything that was seen in the American Scenic drawings or on the backlot of IOA was not mentioned... at all.

Any word on AP discounts within the WWOHP?? I know the AP website says no but it seems odd they would allow AAA discounts and not AP.

Wait...sorry, I'm new, so what's AAA? I mean the only AAA I can think of is for cars, and I get the feeling that's not what this is. =/

And any word yet on AP previews? I'm debating if I should head over there tomorrow morning.

Wait...sorry, I'm new, so what's AAA? I mean the only AAA I can think of is for cars, and I get the feeling that's not what this is. =/

And any word yet on AP previews? I'm debating if I should head over there tomorrow morning.

Triple A. It is a car service company that caters to tourism. And they are a BIG BIG company... and Disney and Uni bow to them... Uni more than Disney... but they are all in bed together.

Triple A. It is a car service company that caters to tourism. And they are a BIG BIG company... and Disney and Uni bow to them... Uni more than Disney... but they are all in bed together.

Wait. So we are talking about the car service? So, if we have a AAA card, can that get us in WWoHP tomorrow morning?

AAA is also a travel agency and often offer discounts for theme park tickets, merch. ect...

I will be heading over tomorrow HP or not, cuz I lovee me some IoA! :tounge: I have an AP but no Hotel, so we'll have to see.

Felipe just mentioned a discount for AAA and it was mentioned back when the PowWow people had the preview. I'm assuming it's the automobile club. I know Disney use to give a AAA discount, pretty sure they still do. I'm just wondering if it's time to join AAA if there is no AP discount.

Heavens no, it just gets you some merch discounts. And I'm not sure if the car company is quite the same at the travel company. If you only have AAA car insurance, I don't think you get squat.

While AAA might offer car insurance... that is not their biz model. They are a car backup/service company first and foremost. They get you out of poop if your car breaks down in any way shape or form. They don't always fix it... but they fix the simple stuff... and otherwise tow you for free to the person who can fix a serious problem. They are also a travel agents etc. But with AAA, you get discounts on many things at many places.

i wish i would have never seen anything that i saw about the WWOHP. It would have been such a surprise to see everything for the first time. But i cant help myself.

Last edited: