The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 513 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAClIqmahu0
That's a good video of Hogsmeade. It has good shots of the merchandise in Zonkos and Honeydukes, as well as team member costumes, Hogwarts, and the FJ queue. There are some goofy pictures of the guest involved, but if you look beyond them it is pretty good footage.

--- Update ---

Thanks WTRiker :) If it's a no-go, I've waited so long for this already-- I can wait two more weeks.

So I was able to go on FJ twice yesterday and left some thoughts in the spoiler thread. I wanted to share my perspective now that it has been 24 hrs and I have been to WWHP a couple times. firstly I want to say, this place is already classic. they have really captured a world people want to be in. I have been a few times and I will say every time I go people are very nice and treat it like a sacred place. even though shops were crowded and small, no one complaned or seemed agrivated. people seemed happy just to be inside THE dervish and banges etc. when you are in this place it never feels like "why is this gift shop so small" but rather "whoe honedukes in hogsmead is a small store". I am already craving butterbeer again (frozen especialy!) and they have surpassed dole whips on my list of best theme park treat. drinking your first butter beer will be a right of passage, I feel, for generations to come. which leads me to my main point. the whole experence of the wizarding world has really brough a magic (no pun intended) to IOA and universal in general. as long as it spreads to the rest or the resort it will dramaticaly change the feeling of a universal vaction. anyone else who has been agree? last night I couldn't sleep as images from FJ kept replaying in my mind, and after some retrospect and reality checking in all I can say is WWHP = CLASSIC! move over disney, there is a new castle in town!

I totally agree about the pygmy puffs. My son wants one desperately (he collects plushies and LOVES animals and cute things) but I'm like, "Really? But they're pink."

They are so adorable though. I really wished they came in different colors.

I'm sure we'll go ahead and let him get one anyway though if he really wants it, I just wish they had different colors available so his friends won't think it's weird or that it belongs to his sister. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yes it does! the foam is a topping they add after they pour. it also is easier to drink the foam on the frozen as it stays on top when you sip. the regular has the ice cube effect of floating to the back of the cup when you tip it.

Quick tip: if the butterbeer cart has a long line, 3 Broomsticks and the Hogs Head Tavern both have butterbeer, frozen butterbeer, and pumpkin ale on tap, and the lines are much shorter in there.

Florida, I typed no on accident and had to change it to yes. Yes it does have foam on top. It was an accident.

Universal Chris, Will it be open tomorrow?

Well guys I went to Uni today, got there around 10 and was unsuccessful in getting into WWOHP/ riding FJ :( . TORTURE, JUST TORTURE I kept hoping they would reopen and even became flabergasted when I saw DD running, I ran over there only to see the wall up. ugghhh

THE WORST PART was when I talked to some couple which had a butterbeer mug and HP bags if they rode Forbidden Journey , they replied with a no. I then asked them if they had rode the ride inside the castle, they replied with a yes. OMG KILL ME :bang:

--- Update ---

Ya, I know. I was hoping the rumored all day softs would come true. I had to wait for my room mate to turn something in at UCF or else I would of been there at 8

THE WORST PART was when I talked to some couple which had a butterbeer mug and HP bags if they rode Forbidden Journey , they replied with a no. I then asked them if they had rode the ride inside the castle, they replied with a yes. OMG KILL ME :bang:

Sucks for you but if you get there early tomarrow when I mean early I mean 7:50 at the gates you will most likely get in, im going tomarrow at that time.

--- Update ---

Ya, I know. I was hoping the rumored all day softs would come true. I had to wait for my room mate to turn something in at UCF or else I would of been there at 8
Uuuugh...that's pretty sad.

jimmyjack if you are 6 4" you may be very border line, I'm a girl 6 1" happy I was no taller otherwise I would not have fitted, admit though i have more chest than the average guy, depends on your body shape as much as height...if you are skinny you may be able to slouch into the seat....

If you ask me the foam is the best part of frozen Butterbeer (Didnt have unfrozen kind) you can ask for extra if you want which I advise all to do, The frozen is kind of like a slushie while the unfrozen is like a soft drink. If you want butterbeer you dont even have to go to the cart or Hogs head, TMs walk all throughout the land taking orders of butterbeer, so look out for them.