Springfield Expansion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Springfield happens they might be going for a new restaurant experience that allows Simpsons character breakfast. I'm sure they would be adding new characters if they went all out for Simpsons experience. Crossing my fingers they wise up and get Futurama characters if they can get the contracts.

I've been out of the loop. Is this an actual rumor or just creative thinking on your part? I would love a whole Springfield area.

Moe's could totally be the USF version of the Hog's Head.

Bingo! Duff Beer for me! Duff Beer for you! I'll have a Duff! You have one, too! :dance:

If anything, it'll more likely be Krusty Burger.

They need to turn the KidZone Pizza place into a Krusty Krab to cater to the Sponge Bob fans and younger cartoon demographic. I think this here would be better as a Moe's Tavern where we can get real (designed) Duff beer and pub foods, still family friendly but with more of an adult hang out feel. (Plus, the Krusty from SpongeBob is more popular restaurant-wise, and imagine having two Krusty establishments from two different franchises... within feet from each other... not cool LOL!)

They need to turn the KidZone Pizza place into a Krusty Krab to cater to the Sponge Bob fans and younger cartoon demographic. I think this here would be better as a Moe's Tavern where we can get real (designed) Duff beer and pub foods, still family friendly but with more of an adult hang out feel. (Plus, the Krusty from SpongeBob is more popular restaurant-wise, and imagine having two Krusty establishments from two different franchises... within feet from each other... not cool LOL!)

I think the important part would be the food. IFF is still a Meal Deal Restaurant and can get busy.

I think the important part would be the food. IFF is still a Meal Deal Restaurant and can get busy.

Good point, but they can still have pizza, chicken tenders, burgers and all that meal deal crap and theme it to Moe's also. They could have the regular counter on one side, and put a bar on the other end of the space, especially if they're making this bigger in any way with the remodel.

I have to say, I have NEVER seen IFF busy. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I almost never see people going in/out of it.

I've also never been at a non-peak season. I also almost never see anyone not on the Meal Deal eating there. Just saying, there's not a whole lot of options when the park is busy. Mel's I've seen very crowded, and that would probably get worse if they didn't put say a Krusty Burger on that side of the park.

i think that a moes tavern would be really cool and change the kids zone pizza to the krusty crab would be even better i mean who wouldnt love to go to the crab and get a craby patty my daughter would think thats the best thing ever this is why i will not be getting disney passes this year because a park this dedicated to making such a awesome park i would rather spend my money there

i think that a moes tavern would be really cool and change the kids zone pizza to the krusty crab would be even better i mean who wouldnt love to go to the crab and get a craby patty my daughter would think thats the best thing ever this is why i will not be getting disney passes this year because a park this dedicated to making such a awesome park i would rather spend my money there
or the Krusty Krab Pizza!! :spongebob:
[video=youtube;0QmM0rBIueo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmM0rBIueo[/video]

Last edited:
Amusement Pics apparently saw Parkscope's post because they made sure to take pictures of the area in question for their latest update.

Our friends at Parkscope found a permit for the demolition of part (or all) of this building which is the Kwik-E-Mart, International Food Festival and restrooms. No word on what's happening yet...

iflGKFRQIQkuQ.jpg

iJeH6y1rLUzbp.jpg

i67hPRLUjq0R0.jpg

Looking at those pics I have to assume the IFF portion of the building will be coming down. Parks don't like to close restrooms, so I doubt that would be it, and I doubt Uni wants to close a money maker like the Kwik-E-Mart.

IFFF took away my fried chicken. So I say bulldoze the damn thing.

Springfield theming would be amazing. I hope they go that route. It would segue nicely into a revamped KidZone area anyway.

I can't think of a franchise with more theme park potential than the Simpsons. It's an underutilized IP.