Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

That...sounds awful.

If they're going 2 parks, Potter will be open. JK gets money for every person going into IoA. If that's the case, Potter will be open.

Plus, if they're going 2 parks, I think they have to grow the event and go more than 8 houses, and have MIB and Simpsons open as well.

I don't know if people are going to want to walk across the entirety of both parks within the time frame of the event, especially those who only visit once a year. I think keeping the west side of USF open is the way to go.

Awesome idea! I definitely like the idea of making a two-park event, even if one of the parks is only partially used. The only thing I would add would be something in the area where you crossover between the parks, whether it be a scarezone, food stands, or just something to keep you entertained along the way. I've been hoping for a two-park event for quite some time, and after the crowds this year, its obviously needed.

When they ran it with two parks years ago they had the walkway open in Lost Continent to the Studios and in between was a scarezone, I remember lots of cargo containers and chainsaw dudes. Then up front from Suess area to the Studios they grew a corn field and I think that was a scare zone also. It worked but still a lot of empaty parts in the part with not much going on scare wise but that's to happen with such a large area

Could they run FJ and Dragons? Or are they contractually not allowed to?

I've read the agreement, and I don't recall ever seeing Potter not being able to be open during an event like HHN.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if people are going to want to walk across the entirety of both parks within the time frame of the event, especially those who only visit once a year. I think keeping the west side of USF open is the way to go.

Either way it's a ton of walking. If you're going back to 2 parks, the only right way to do it is to grow the event.

It sounds awful because Potter isn't open?

As much as I would like to see 10 houses, adding 3 more attractions that can handle 1600+ people per hour plus a house while spreading out the crowds via designated scare zones would greatly improve congestion and crowd flow.

When they ran it with two parks years ago they had the walkway open in Lost Continent to the Studios and in between was a scarezone, I remember lots of cargo containers and chainsaw dudes. Then up front from Suess area to the Studios they grew a corn field and I think that was a scare zone also. It worked but still a lot of empaty parts in the part with not much going on scare wise but that's to happen with such a large area

Yeah, given the openness of those connecting paths, I'm not sure that a scarezone would really be the way to go. I'm thinking food and merchandise vendors, along with some kind of entertainment or maybe even a bit of a party atmosphere would be perfect for that area.

Fright Yard and Field of Screams :thumbs:

It sounds awful because Potter isn't open?

As much as I would like to see 10 houses, adding 3 more attractions that can handle 1600+ people per hour plus a house while spreading out the crowds via designated scare zones would greatly improve congestion and crowd flow.

It's because everything is on the peripherals of the event. I dunno. Just doesn't sound like a coherent event, especially if IoA is 50% dead space.

It's because everything is on the peripherals of the event. I dunno. Just doesn't sound like a coherent event, especially if IoA is 50% dead space.

Well, they could do what was done in the past with Seuss Landing: turn off most of the lights, populate it with hooded scareactors, and play the music backwards. I thought it was appropriately creepy, while still within the realm of the agreement regarding using the island for HHN.

In regards to using Potter, whether its mentioned in the contract or not, I would think that Rowling's approval will still be required. I wouldn't mind seeing the island open in its normal capacity during the event (I LOVE WWoHP at night), but I can't help but wonder how she would feel about it.

Well, they could do what was done in the past with Seuss Landing: turn off most of the lights, populate it with hooded scareactors, and play the music backwards. I thought it was appropriately creepy, while still within the realm of the agreement regarding using the island for HHN.

In regards to using Potter, whether its mentioned in the contract or not, I would think that Rowling's approval will still be required. I wouldn't mind seeing the island open in its normal capacity during the event (I LOVE WWoHP at night), but I can't help but wonder how she would feel about it.

If WWoHP was open, the plan is a solid one. If not...eh. Just too much IoA dead space, IMO.

If you have never been to IOA for HHN then it's hard to understand. I guess I'm one of the few who are partial to it being at IOA. And I'm not sure how you come up with IOA being 50% dead space. Suess is a no regardless and then the only other dead spaces would be the bypass bridge for Potter and Point of Entry. Both of which are 200ft walks which was nothing compared to the massive dead zones I experienced at this years event.

Heres a link to a site that has the park map from when they had it both parks years in 04. As you can see they used about half if each park.

http://www.hhncrypt.com/years/eventart/14map.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If you have never been to IOA for HHN then it's hard to understand. I guess I'm one of the few who are partial to it being at IOA. And I'm not sure how you come up with IOA being 50% dead space. Suess is a no regardless and then the only other dead spaces would be the bypass bridge for Potter and Point of Entry. Both of which are 200ft walks which was nothing compared to the massive dead zones I experienced at this years event.

My favorite year was the first year they held it at IOA 2002 Islands of Fear. The scarezones to me were attractions in themselves back then.

Anyone happen to know which park (USF/IOA) has a greater day-to-day capacity?

now that I think about it, it wouldn't matter too much for HHN purposes as opening 1.5 parks seems possible. Now I'm just curious

Completely agree! My first year going back after a long hiatus (I went in 2000 for my true first trip, but I don't remember enough to really count it) was HHN 15, and I thought it was incredible. In regards to creating a cohesive story for the overall event, the only year that has rivaled it for me was HHN 18 with Bloody Mary. Terra Cruentas (as the park was called during HHN 15) felt like a completely different place, with its own inhabitants and backstory and just the whole nine. I would love to see that attempted again, at that same level.

Completely agree! My first year going back after a long hiatus (I went in 2000 for my true first trip, but I don't remember enough to really count it) was HHN 15, and I thought it was incredible. In regards to creating a cohesive story for the overall event, the only year that has rivaled it for me was HHN 18 with Bloody Mary. Terra Cruentas (as the park was called during HHN 15) felt like a completely different place, with its own inhabitants and backstory and just the whole nine. I would love to see that attempted again, at that same level.

Another reason I enjoyed it at IOA, each island had its own theme or story. To this day the best scare zones ever have been at IOA IMO.

Another reason I enjoyed it at IOA, each island had its own theme or story. To this day the best scare zones ever have been at IOA IMO.
Yes good times...the scareactors seemed to have so much more energy and toys to scare with...hope we can see a return of the scare zones we used to have..not just photo-op zones

Guess I'm really not the only one who loved HHN at IOA. :lol:

Hated the two parks, I am not fond of the IOA layout (for HHNs) and dispised the area between the parks.
Anymore than eight houses is overkill and only benifits locals with FFPs, the more houses the smaller they will be and less populated.