Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

Even though it's way too early, some things I would like to see next year.
An Icon (For some reason I missed an Icon this year)
Scarzones (I thought the street experiences wasn’t bad, it just needed some more work)
Arch video screen (Even though the entrance to Uni looked pretty cool this year it would have been better if they had the Arch screen)
Alice Cooper house (don’t kill me when I say it I want another AC house. I really enjoyed AC even though most people didn’t. If they do it more like USH HHN I think it would get a better review. )
Website (This year’s site was HORRIBLE And what’s the deal with the site already down not even 1 hour after HHN closed on the last night?)
A comedic house (I know not every year to expect it but I enjoy those houses HR Bloodengutz was my favorite)
8 houses

What i would like:
Original content, NO IPs, and Hollywood to stay away from Orlando.
Scare zones.
No IOA.
No more ROF or FFP and NO pass should have express.
An Icon and theme, not that it matters but it is enjoyable.
A lagoon show, like JS mentioned.
Better/faster service in the bar stations.
Shorter routes to the houses.

Anyone happen to know which park (USF/IOA) has a greater day-to-day capacity?

now that I think about it, it wouldn't matter too much for HHN purposes as opening 1.5 parks seems possible. Now I'm just curious

I've always heard Studios--and whatever theoretical capacity IoA has would have to be cut by 4 smallish rides and a giant fast food restaurant in Seuss Landing. Years ago some of the designers, I forget who exactly, said this is why it will never be an IoA-only event again.

Anymore than eight houses is overkill and only benifits locals with FFPs, the more houses the smaller they will be and less populated.

You're making a lot of generalizations here. Why do you assume that the more houses they have the smaller they would be? Have you seen Universal lately? They have really stepped up their game in terms of pretty much everything, but HHN so far.

I also don't understand why you say it only benefits FFP holders. More houses (of same size) = benefit for everybody

What are locals supposed to do if they want to visit the event more than once? FFP are a must in my opinion. Maybe don't have the express option, but just getting rid of them in general, is really stupid.

You're making a lot of generalizations here. Why do you assume that the more houses they have the smaller they would be? Have you seen Universal lately? They have really stepped up their game in terms of pretty much everything, but HHN so far.

I also don't understand why you say it only benefits FFP holders. More houses (of same size) = benefit for everybody

Octobers Fade has a serious bone to pick with FFP and RoF passes.

Personally, I think the event needs the 8 houses, because Walking Dead is such a HUGE IP they had this year, crowds were insane, and hence why I kind of didn't go this year, I don't like crowds and I don't like paying for express.

So year, next year needs to be better :lol:

Personally, I think the event needs the 8 houses, because Walking Dead is such a HUGE IP they had this year, crowds were insane, and hence why I kind of didn't go this year, I don't like crowds and I don't like paying for express.

So year, next year needs to be better :lol:

And the event was literally a Walking Dead billboard...I think they need to re-consider the impact of IP's at the event..It was cool to see one of my favorite TV shows and video games adapted, but at the cost of losing originality, no sir..
Honestly, and I hate to sound pessimistic but from what I've been hearing from some people that went to HHN for the first time this year..they will not be attending again next year..

Last edited:

What are locals supposed to do if they want to visit the event more than once? FFP are a must in my opinion. Maybe don't have the express option, but just getting rid of them in general, is really stupid.

Pay like everyone else would.
All I have to do is look to this year to see that the houses were shorter and had less scareactors. The more houses the more (temp) employee the more drop off.
Yes I have seen UNi this year.... I have seen them cut back.

And you can not convince me that the passes do not effect lines or crowds. Its my opinion and until I hear it from Uni themselves (and even then...) I will stick to my guns.

While I disagree that FFP & ROF passes should be eliminated, it's worth pointing out that a couple years back Hollywood eliminated their version of the pass due to crowding. Due to fan backlash, they've sold a VERY limited amount of bare bones Frequent Fear-style passes at a set date and time.

Well let's just think of this logically and we can see how the odds of the event are very unlikely to be at IOA again.

The event is larger than ever, thus handing it over to a smaller walkway park where so much of it is not utilized would be very rough. The event has grown so much since 2005 which was the last time the event was at IOA.

With this in mind Stay And Screams. Anyone who did Stay And Scream many nights this year knows that the holding areas are getting slammed packed. IOA would have to do multiple Stay and Scream areas just to make it work. Discovery Center and Captain America would be cramped and they would not really give you a major jump on houses. Speaking of houses, that brings in the next point.

HOUSE LOCATIONS. Universal dropped a big investment on HHN with those prefab structures we call tents as well as the parade building that is utilized to stage a haunt at HHN every year since it has been built. You will notice that none of the Haunts at Horror Nights when it is at the Studios interferes with any money making daily park operation or daily attraction like it does when it was at IOA. Just to have Six houses they had to shut down a money making restaurant, parts of Camp Jurassic and The Discovery Center's entire lower level. They want to avoid that. Especially now that we are up to seven/eight houses now. Not going to happen easily if at all.

I can see the dual park thing coming back, but when is the important note to make. I think once they finish TF by next year a lot of crowding issues will be solved for next year, however, they will have that conundrum of where to put an 8th house. Only Nazrmans and SS 33 I believe are the only 2 other viable spots studio side to have a house.

Agree to disagree. With the wait times this year, anything in the queue would have been useful. What was the number one complaint this year? Wait times....So if you can't make the lines shorter, provide something in the queue.
Penn and Teller had the "best" queue. And that video didn't do much to alleviate the 80 minute wait. The queues are what they are, but the wait times this year had a substantial effect on my willingness to go back next year. Granted I went one of the early Thursdays before and a Sunday this year, but I remember getting on a lot more in the past. This year I did (with wait times):

Despicable Me 30min (due to technical problems, would have been 15 otherwise)
Silent Hill 45min
Lone bright spot - Bill and Ted, walked up 5 minutes before and got great seats.
Penn and Teller 80 min
Mummy 45 min
RRR 45 min

Plus poorly themed scare zones.

That's not worth my money.

Re: two parks, maybe they could get by with just opening Marvel and Suess for the event... ride capacity in Marvel and house/scare zone potential in Suess?

Last edited:
scare zone potential in Suess?

Not necessarily. I still believe that deal with the Seuss' applies where Universal isn't allowed to put a scarezone in this part of the park.

I think some entrances to houses at Seuss' Landing would force some crowd flow into that side of the park, though.

Only Nazrmans and SS 33 I believe are the only 2 other viable spots studio side to have a house.

Good God, after Vampyr: Blood Bath, I never want another house there ever again, and I'm sure everyone will agree with me.

My wishlist:
8 Houses
6+ Zones
Improved roaming zones
Break the line in the houses when there's way too many people inside. (The conga lining is ridiculous)
Horror Unearthed to make a return
An Icon and an Icon house
Re-open T2: 3-D
Give us an arch screen
Less IPs

I really miss an Icon. This year marketing marketed the hell out of TWD (obviously). It almost felt like the theme this year was TWD.