Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I really hope they focus on the robots more than the love story of a boy while giant robots save him over and over and over and over and...well I think my point is clear lol.

The fact that the last movie made over 350 million in the U.S. alone, I'm gonna have to go with popular.

It seems as if you took my sacarastic jab at Bay's poor film making skills to heart. In no way I am suggesting that another TF movie will have a negative effect on the ride. In fact, I think it will have no effect whatsoever. There's no escaping the fact that Michael Bay is a poor film maker. Luckily, his style and the world the films have brought to life suit a theme park attraction perfectly. 3 was slightly better than 2, but many people have been disappointed since 1. Not that it even matters, because TFs are way bigger than those movies anyway.

I think the only effect T4 will have on the ride is extra promo the year it opens.

I think the only effect T4 will have on the ride is extra promo the year it opens.

Probably. No reason for them not to mention the ride. But I think it's like speculating what kind of effect Pirates 4 had on Pirates. Good rides will be hits no matter what. I don't think anyone who would see TF 4 wouldn't wanna also go on the ride.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Transformers only film..maybe a prequel. There is a lot of Hollywood fluff in these movies that really bogs it down..Bay is a Hollywood film maker so in essence we get a nice to look at low thinking film...as said by everyone else, Transformers is soo much more than these films

There was a time when Hollywood film did not mean simple film with a big budget. That kind of movie would be a popcorn film. Not to sound like a film snob but that is how they would typically be noted as.

And any live actor in these movies are expendable because it is about The Transformers. The studio realized the fanbase will see that no matter what because the story or heart with the human characters was non existent, the same reason the ride features none of that.

AmusementPics posted some good pics of the second crane now on the Transformers site, located near the Shrek soundstage. (Giant crane number five for UOR)

i8zcPIiqZkHon.jpg

ibvOYsoYkHqDNS.jpg

i8lYP1SxnyMAt.jpg

Imagine the family who has always gone to Disney on vacation but finally said lets try Universal. We haven't been their in like 10 years. They arrive to obviously find the WWoHP and all the other new additions that are open as well as all of these fences, buildings, cranes, and so on. What are they thinking? For those that I have spoken with while in the parks there all very interested in whats coming. This is such an exciting time for Universal.

Imagine the family who has always gone to Disney on vacation but finally said lets try Universal. We haven't been their in like 10 years. They arrive to obviously find the WWoHP and all the other new additions that are open as well as all of these fences, buildings, cranes, and so on. What are they thinking? For those that I have spoken with while in the parks there all very interested in whats coming. This is such an exciting time for Universal.

The magic of Harry Potter revenue! :pixiedust:

It seems as if you took my sacarastic jab at Bay's poor film making skills to heart. In no way I am suggesting that another TF movie will have a negative effect on the ride. In fact, I think it will have no effect whatsoever. There's no escaping the fact that Michael Bay is a poor film maker. Luckily, his style and the world the films have brought to life suit a theme park attraction perfectly. 3 was slightly better than 2, but many people have been disappointed since 1. Not that it even matters, because TFs are way bigger than those movies anyway.

I got the sarcasm. I was just basing my comments on my personal experience. My parents are both close to the age of 70 and they really didn't know TF until the movies came out. I just thought is was funny last week when I told them Transformers the Ride was coming to Universal, they said to me "Oh, like the movies." lol True story. I know Transformers can stand alone, but I do think having a movie opening only a year after the ride is only a good thing for the ride...my opinion. Btw, I didn't care for the movies either.

Last edited: