Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dixie Stampede building becoming Flea Market

Now closed!! I have taken some pictures yesterday:

100_6034.JPG

100_6035.JPG

100_6036.JPG

100_6037.JPG

That stinks. I went to the one in Tennessee last year and really enjoyed it. Not something I'd do often but something that should have worked in the Orlando area.

Did anyone ever dare venture into the place while it was a pizza parlor? Curious to hear how that went since I never really imagined that would be a place to pick up some decent pizza :lol:

I was by there today and the Dixie Shoppes plaza is gone...all that's left standing is the Dixie.Stampede building. Simon properties REALLY want to expand the outlets and I'm hearing that they want this expansion done ASAP. :thumbs: Although the construction on the Brazilian restaurant next to the outback is dragging along.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the signs for the plaza were still standing lol.

Did anyone ever dare venture into the place while it was a pizza parlor? Curious to hear how that went since I never really imagined that would be a place to pick up some decent pizza :lol:

AFAIK, the world's largest pizza parlor never actually opened. The whole "giant flea market" thing was basically a scam--it stayed open all of two, maybe three, days before the government came in and shut it down for lack of permits or something. I imagine all the people who rented booths in there got screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

I was by there today and the Dixie Shoppes plaza is gone...

But where will I buy knock-off designer sunglasses and counterfeit Sony products???

AFAIK, the world's largest pizza parlor never actually opened. The whole "giant flea market" thing was basically a scam--it stayed open all of two, maybe three, days before the government came in and shut it down for lack of permits or something. I imagine all the people who rented booths in there got screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

But where will I buy knock-off designer sunglasses and counterfeit Sony products???
You can buy those next door at the Publix plaza :rofl: I miss the Quiznos that was there. Although Sushiology was moved into the plaza directly behind McDonalds :cheers:

Man, they are certainly not wasting any time! Did they get Uni Creative involved in this? :lol: :p

I just hope that bridge doesn't take another year. A two-lane Palm Pkwy/Turkey Lake Rd. can be annoying, and on I-4...construction does not mean slow to a crawl and stare! :saw:

This jacked up traffic on I4 when it started the other day! Once it's down it will be ignored though.

Any rumors of anything going into its spot. Shame Dolly sold it, but I cant blame her for the amount of money I heard she got for it.

Any rumors of anything going into its spot. Shame Dolly sold it, but I cant blame her for the amount of money I heard she got for it.
They are expanding the outlet malls and may possibly put in a pedestrian bridge over Vineland Avenue. :thumbs: Simon properties LLC bought the land this year and definently aren't wasting any time with this. Rumor has it (at least the ON kiosk employees I chatted with at the mall believe that Old Navy will be one of the expansions anchor stores.