Classic battle: Ice or Fire? | Inside Universal Forums

Classic battle: Ice or Fire?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which Dragon do you perfer?

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2008
Near Universal Orlando
You all have seen this numerous times and the thread name speaks for itself. Which dragon do you like better? Would you rather turn right or left and choose to either freeze or burn? So how about it, which Dragon do you like to battle along side with?
I chooose Ice. I've rode many Inverts that B&M has made and I just can't get over the fact that for once I'm riding a Invert that doesnt drop straight into an inversion but rather a highly banked overturn and I LOVE that. Not to mention the first 3 inversions are my favorite inversion types of any coaster(Zero-G, and Cobra Roll). There's just something about the layout, design, train design, paint scheme, and speed that Ice has that has made me become a fan.

While I prefer the theming and swag of the Ice Dragon, I have to vote Fire.
The bunny hop over the other track is my favorite element and gives me the air-time that I crave.
Also, for some reason, it is easier for me to view/experience the near misses on the Fire Dragon.
Whenever I ride Ice I keep thinking "was that them?"

:)

When I'm on a coaster I can't tell one track from another. They're all the same to me, so I'm basing my answer strictly off theming. lol I like Ice better.

I went with fire, since that's the only one I've been on. Are they still keeping the fire and ice theme, even with Harry Potter coming in and everything? Or will they change the colors to more fit the dragons of the Triwizard Tournament?

I always ride Ice, not because it is that much better to me, but because the line is typically shorter. A lot of people find fire (the element, not necessarily the ride) cooler than ice, so I'm guessing that kicks in subliminally (or maybe not so subliminally) and they choose the fire side. :lol:

I always ride Ice, not because it is that much better to me, but because the line is typically shorter. A lot of people find fire (the element, not necessarily the ride) cooler than ice, so I'm guessing that kicks in subliminally (or maybe not so subliminally) and they choose the fire side. :lol:
You're probably on to something. Maybe not because of the monikers of "Fire" and "Ice" but possibly that fact that people associate the color red with speed. Not far-fetched at all.

I tend to ride Fire more but I'm not biased to one coaster over all. I tend to ride Fire more because it has a better front row and I can get to the 2nd row in like 5 minutes. Where as Ice has a better back row and that is a tad bit extra of a wait. Both are great coasters but it's all about where you sit.

Fire=Between 1-3
Ice-Back two rows.

Fire is really only intense in that Immelman Wrap Around. After the 2nd Immelman the track wraps around the inversion and at the bottom of the inversion before you head over to the Loops, you pull some major Vertical G's.
Ice is just intense mainly on the Cobra Roll. If you ride backrow on Ice you will pull quite a few G's I have noticed in the Cobra. But of course since I'm a cobra roll fan I really have no care in the world for any roughness in the inversion. Any cobra roll made by: Premier, B&M, and Intamin has been good to me. Vekoma and Arrow....not so much...to much head rattling.

I vote for ice and that makes a tie. :) (only for now) I really like like the ice layout and just keep the perfect speed. The only thing that i dont like from ice is that it looks a bit shorter than fire, but fire go too fast and you can even see whts happening even if you are in the front!!! Lol those immelman just make my neck hurts, but i love the DUELING DRAGONS overall is just i love the whole thing. I love both.