Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
The outdoor queue is very Disneyland-esque. Ever been to their Fantasyland? There are so many chains and queues you don't know who's going where. The Matterhorn queue is out in the open and susceptible to line jumping. Heck, Indiana Jones has an extended queue that is separated not only from the showbuilding but from the rest of the entire queue! They use the roof of the Jungle Cruise queue to hold people and then a CM ushers them to the next portion of the line in little herds.

This really isn't the worst thing it could be. At least it's not spilling out in the streets. There are fans there to cool people off, and the surrounding buildings should be able to provide some shade. Not to mention, how is it different being in a queue versus walking around? You can spend thirty minutes outside walking to IoA or thirty minutes outside waiting for a new E-ticket--the sun is hot people, but that's the price you pay for getting to go to a world-class full-year theme park.

In all honesty, the queue is one of the only things I haven't been disappointed with regarding this project.

There goes our only source of shade :lol:
Maybe the weather wasn't happy with them for not adding shade so it blow the trees over to do part of the job for them.

By the looks of the building, it seems as though they designed it for night time rather then the day. It just seems like its perfectly designed for the lighting effects.

Which leads me to ask... What have you been disappointed with?

honestly I'm in the camp that doesn't think the building looks very good (and yes, I've seen it in person)...not the worst thing in the world, but certainly not up to the current standards of theming Universal has been achieving lately...they were their own worst enemy this time around.

Also the meet and greet location is awkward, especially considering how it's set up.

The Supply Vault is ridiculously small, and a major store like that shouldn't be HP size when JKR isn't supervising.

And worst of all, no matter how the building was themed, it was always destined to ruin the sightlines of Universal. HRRR muddled them, and Transformers completely killed it. The park is more of a jumbled mess now than ever in my opinion.

I'm still super excited for the ride, and I'm so glad it's arrived in Florida. But I feel like I would've rather waited an extra few months than get this out-of-place behemoth right smack dab in the middle of the park. Again, still excited and I applaud Universal's efforts. But really the queue is the only thing that exceeded my expectations because with the rushed and smack-it-wherever mentality that went into building it, I was half expecting barriers to just jut out into the streets and sidewalks surrounding the building and then just have Uni call it a day for the queue.

I think the Rockit is much more of an eyesore than Transformers but that's just my opinion.

Probably the only person here that doesn't find HRRR unattractive. The only thing unattractive about it is the queue and the videos that they play... *blech*

Probably the only person here that doesn't find HRRR unattractive. The only thing unattractive about it is the queue and the videos that they play... *blech*

I agree. Especially from Citywalk it looks pretty cool, and at night it actually contributes to the aesthetic of the park in my opinion. The only thing that bugs me is how the section that busts through the fire department wall ruins the skyline backdrop as seen from the park's entrance, and how from New York it diminishes the scale of the buildings. Transformers, however, does all these things and is a lot more clunky IMO.

I think the Rockit is much more of an eyesore than Transformers but that's just my opinion.

Totally agree.
It's way taller than any of the buildings, it ruins sight lines from the entry, Hollywood, New York, etc...
I love coasters but this one was not pretty or the ride I was hoping it to be. Wish it was something highly themed And built by Intamin or B&M.

Can't forget the Hollywood Stage either..beautiful!

The stage and the coaster compliment each other perfectly. And at night when the stage is all lit up and the flashing lights on the coaster trains whizz all around it and you can hear the people's screams... Ahhh.

My only gripe about the coaster is how intrudes into the New York theming.

The building hasn't bothered me only because I can't think of anything better. It's better than USH and that mural, while Singapore is nice but it fits in with Sci-fi City perfectly. In a studios park with a whole bunch of soundstages, I don't see how this could be an eyesore for anyone.