Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Late but from 3/23

IMG_2794_zpsb0b916fc.jpg

IMG_2793_zps18c66f41.jpg

IMG_2789_zps952fd783.jpg

IMG_2732_zps1810548b.jpg

IMG_2730_zpsc3584430.jpg

Just a sample general public perception...My niece was at Universal on Monday after winning the orlando cheerleading championships this past week. She said she & her fellow cheerleaders were very impressed with the Transformers' building, gift shop and Bumblebee Meet & Greet. Though a small sample, its promising that general public teenage girls liked what they saw. And coming from Pittsburgh, that could be indicative of a "tourist" perception of Transformers.

Just a sample general public perception...My niece was at Universal on Monday after winning the orlando cheerleading championships this past week. She said she & her fellow cheerleaders were very impressed with the Transformers' building, gift shop and Bumblebee Meet & Greet. Though a small sample, its promising that general public teenage girls liked what they saw. And coming from Pittsburgh, that could be indicative of a "tourist" perception of Transformers.

Thanks for sharing this, I think many of us tend to forget Universal is aiming to please the general public and not us theme park nerds.

Thanks for sharing this, I think many of us tend to forget Universal is aiming to please the general public and not us theme park nerds.
I don't see why there is always this idea that the two are somehow incompatible, especially since it was Universal that proved again that the general public will greatly embraced elaborate themed entertainment.

For those of you worried about line jumpers, I do think the fence design they have installed will definitely be able to deter most guests and add in a team member patrolling the area and it should be able to keep it to a minimum. I mean its not just a rope that anyone could duck under.

Now if they create extended rope queues for opening season, they could definitely have a problem on their hands

Last edited:
thanks for the update HTF i really cant understand why they are going to leave that extended queue uncovered like that those 4 fans are not going to do anything in the Florida heat.How long do you think the wait starting in that area is going to be before you get into the building

thanks for the update HTF i really cant understand why they are going to leave that extended queue uncovered like that those 4 fans are not going to do anything in the Florida heat.How long do you think the wait starting in that area is going to be before you get into the building

I tried to get a look at the side of the building to see if any switch backs are set up yet but nothing. I'm gonna say and mind you this is a total guess that the entire queue will be able to hold a 2.5-3 hour wait. I'm thinking 45 mins inside and around 90 mins worth of normal queue space outside. Then add in roughly another 60 mins worth of temporary switch backs at the ready similar to what you see at Despicable Me. So if its a three hour wait, your going to spend over two of that in the sun...

For those of you worried about line jumpers, I do think the fence design they have installed will definitely be able to deter most guests and add in a team member patrolling the area and it should be able to keep it to a minimum. I mean its not just a rope that anyone could duck under.

Now if they create extended rope queues for opening season, they could definitely have a problem on their hands

I wouldn't be so worried if the queue was only exposed on one side but it is a short fence exposed on two sides. You know how the GP can tend to be!