Springfield Expansion | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Found out whats taking so long with an announcement for this project. KFP has been axed!! More on this later...

Ah the anticipation...

Krusty Fried Chicken?

KrustyFC.png

Then a We Have Restrooms! around the corner?

We_have_restrooms.jpg

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for the engineers and designers on the project.

That being said. I'm pretty pissed this likely means there's no chance for me seeing this stuff in June :lol:

As a fellow Tapped Out player, this is true. Followed by the Gilded Truffle.

I had mentioned it before but I really think they should have a location in Springfield where we scan something, take a picture, use WiFi whatever to get some sort of exclusive game content. I know it can and has been done since you could download a Mummy 3 demo for your DS at Revenge, and if the app promoted it, it would only help Universal.

I'm expecting a full report about what made Universal change their mind and what's replacing it by 9pm tonight in the Secret Stash, Hatetofly! :inquisitive:

People keep talking about the food options. I thought the extent of the restaurants was theme only? Like facades and a little bit inside, and that the food wasn't going to match the facade.

People keep talking about the food options. I thought the extent of the restaurants was theme only? Like facades and a little bit inside, and that the food wasn't going to match the facade.

I would assume the general area would still be Simpsons themed, and the food offerings be inline with the storefronts. Just that they would not be separate restaurants, which is understandable.

What about... Crouching Tiger, Hidden Eggroll!? :pound:

Seriously, though, I hope General Chang's is back in the picture, and that we get some Mexican food offerings here, apart from Asian and Italian. Yo quiero Taco Italiano! :lol:

I'm guessing anything with a hint of an ethnic name will be out of the question. Moe's and Krusty Burger are generic--Kentucky Fried Panda could be seen as offensive (to PETA or whoever) or potentially disgusting to guests who don't know any better. All these names that play on ethnic restaurants (Taco Italiano for instance) probably, IMO, won't be considered just because of the number of hypersensitive people out there and the chances that some of these people will be visiting Universal in the next few years. And while there may not be anything wrong on paper with Taco Italiano or something like it, the fact that the show is considered a parody or lampoon means most things associated with it can be considered extensions of that parody...you don't want Italians or Asians or whoever is 'targeted' in the restaurant name to think their ethnicity is part of a big parody. Why would Universal take that chance?

And Gulp N Blow is just a bad combination of words with dirty connotations put together. Not a good idea either, considering the sheer volume of people that will be passing the restaurant facade and the chance that one of these people will be sue-happy or very sensitive.

This whole three-facade deal brings up a question though? If it's all one restaurant with three different facades, what will the dining location be called on the map? Surely Moes, KrustyBurger, and whatever else won't be listed on the map if they're all the same restaurant, right?