Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw some dummy try to walk off with a pair of glasses from Spidey a few months ago. They didn't let him get away with it. :happy:

So Sunday was just 1 of those days with all kind of unusual stuff happening on rides, as well as a squirrel coming up to me & letting me pet him!! I was also able to ride Spiderman with a car all to myself!!!

Anyway, something I never noticed before happened. During the last 2 scenes on Spiderman, interior floor lights came on in the vehicle. It happened both times I rode it. Does this happen all the time, & why does it do that?

So Sunday was just 1 of those days with all kind of unusual stuff happening on rides, as well as a squirrel coming up to me & letting me pet him!! I was also able to ride Spiderman with a car all to myself!!!

Anyway, something I never noticed before happened. During the last 2 scenes on Spiderman, interior floor lights came on in the vehicle. It happened both times I rode it. Does this happen all the time, & why does it do that?

Yes. They kick on in Scene 8 and stay on for a while.

The floor lights simulate the glow that the vehicle would have once shot by the anti-gravity cannon. They turn off in Scene 9.3 when Doc reverses the cannon.

MIB's RVs also have strobes under the seats too that are used under the Big Bug.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Wow, I guess its funny finally noticing things hundreds of rides later that are litterally right under your nose. I wonder how many more rides it'll take for me to catch all the things I might still be missing!

The floor lights simulate the glow that the vehicle would have once shot by the anti-gravity cannon. They turn off in Scene 9.3 when Doc reverses the cannon.

MIB's RVs also have strobes under the seats too that are used under the Big Bug.

That's really neat. It's hard to notice sometimes how much goes into a ride to create an experience. I'll have to look for that next time I take a trip there.

ok after going pretty recently I've noticed something. The first few times I went on the upgraded Spider-Man there was definitely something 'off' to me but now I can put my finger on it. Let's see if anyone agrees:

1. the new music seems awkward--especially the part in the tunnel after the "time to heat up" scene and before the "trick or treat" scene--there used to be a good guitar solo in there but now it's weird silence that kinda ruins the flow of that section of the ride. I can't figure out for the life of me why someone thought to take it out.

2. The new animation is really crisp but in some spots, it's a little too crisp, and it kinda highlights the cartooniness of it all. I feel like before, the animation was in perfect synch with the live sets, but now that the animation is really bright, the transition between real-life and screens is a lot less seamless.

3. The ending is awful IMO. The awkward crash on the top part of the building during the drop (with Spidey saying "oh no" or something..) then the super-sped up drop to the bottom with the ridiculously rushed ending with the spiderweb that makes it impossible to tell what's happening unless you had ridden before is terrible I think. The landing of the drop doesn't even match the motion of the car, and it's all just too sped up and cartoony.

Love how crisp it is, love the polished new effects, but there's a couple faults here IMO. Which is a shame because it was a damn near perfect ride before.

Yeah, I personally think the ride is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybetter now. I'd say as of right now, the upgraded Spidey is probably my fav attraction at the whole resort (we'll see if that changes when I get to ride Transformers).

I feel like the new version makes it easier to catch details. Like the tank that no one ever really notices. I don't like the new sound track more than the old one though.

1 part that is now worse is right after the scene where scream goes to jump on your vehicle & is pulled back by Doc Oct & he says "Out of the way the're mine!". Originally, your vehicle would turn completely away from that screen, before the laser effect would project onto the Statue of Liberty's head. That made it seem like it was coming from DOcs gun. Now, you see him shoot the canon & can clearly see where the real light beam is coming from before the vehicle turns. So if they just had the RV turn about at least 1 to 2 seconds sooner, you wouldnt see the actual light fixture beaming out that green light & would be seamless again.

I also forgot to mention something else that has changed since last time I rode. During the ascending up the building scene right after getting blasted by the anti-gravity gun, the building window projections come on about a few seconds too late, wheras before you couldnt see them turn "on" or "off", & you can also see them turn off as soon as your done climbing right before entering into 1 of the 1st large curved screens, I really hope they fix this, its just impossible to ignore.

I also agree that the fall seems shorter, but Ive gotten used to it. Also, has anyone already mentioned that they changed the voice that tells you the vehicle exit instructions to Stan Lee?

So while it has been greatly improved, with that came I guess some sacrifices, but I just hope they still plan on tweeking it hence why the lighting effects were different or changed in between my past few visits. As it stands now, I give the ride about an 8 out of 10. If they fix the above issues, Id give it an 11 out of 10.

The original Spidey was excellent, but the updated version is a couple of levels above. It's now awesome. During last year's vacation, we rode it 14 times. We kept riding till we got the front row, which we thought was best on the original. After riding up front on the updated version, we were in agreement that the effects in the back row were the best. Thanks to hotel express for the repeat rides.

The original Spidey was excellent, but the updated version is a couple of levels above. It's now awesome. During last year's vacation, we rode it 14 times. We kept riding till we got the front row, which we thought was best on the original. After riding up front on the updated version, we were in agreement that the effects in the back row were the best. Thanks to hotel express for the repeat rides.

Yeah, I agree the effects are best from the back row because you cant see any of the flaws that didnt exist in the original. They should make the ride good enough that the effects are good no matter what row you sit in, like it was originally. On a side note, to anyone who hasnt, Id recommend trying the back row, as it is WAAY more intense & WAAAYY more fun! But at the same time, if you or someone your with gets motion sickness, whatever you do, DONT ride in the back row. First row is definewtly the tamest & you might be able to hande it better.

I have to agree that the final drop is really disjointed an nowhere near as effective as it once was. I don't know if its timing or vehicle movement or what, but it needs to be adjusted.

Also, I HATE the new soundtrack. It's too techno-y and not rocky enough. It's a major minus in the redo.
Aside from those issues everything else is great!

I know I am going to get blasted for saying this, but I was never a fan of the original soundtrack. I just felt too Theme-Parky to me. Dare I say, Six Flags-ish.

I know I am going to get blasted for saying this, but I was never a fan of the original soundtrack. I just felt too Theme-Parky to me. Dare I say, Six Flags-ish.

Well, if anyhing, it does sound clearer, louder & sharper, & I do like that they aded more sound effects, mainly the RV, making it sound & feel a bit more real.
& I HTED the new soundtarck a t 1st, but have grown to lke it, &maybe even loe it.

I have to agree that the final drop is really disjointed an nowhere near as effective as it once was. I don't know if its timing or vehicle movement or what, but it needs to be adjusted.

Also, I HATE the new soundtrack. It's too techno-y and not rocky enough. It's a major minus in the redo.
Aside from those issues everything else is great!

yeah those are my feelings in a nutshell I guess.

And to whoever mentioned them changing the exit spiel voice...I meant to include that in my earlier post. Why does Peter Parker sound like an old man now?!

I do love the crispness and ability to see details now, but there a few parts where I think less was more for Spidey. And I really do not like that new soundtrack, especially the awkward tunnel part.

yeah those are my feelings in a nutshell I guess.

And to whoever mentioned them changing the exit spiel voice...I meant to include that in my earlier post. Why does Peter Parker sound like an old man now?!

I do love the crispness and ability to see details now, but there a few parts where I think less was more for Spidey. And I really do not like that new soundtrack, especially the awkward tunnel part.

I thaught he end spiel voiveover want Peter Parker now or before, he doesnt didnt soud like Peter Parker. Eitherway, Im glad they decided to use Stan Lee for the closing, it dont get any tter than that!