Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wild Adventures (Valdosta)

Mar 5, 2013
Just wondering have any of you guys been here? Also, would you recommend it for two thrill seekers and general park lovers? If so, how would you get there from Orlando? On google maps it says its only 3 hours away. When we go to Orlando in September we aren't going to hiring a car.

Just wondering have any of you guys been here? Also, would you recommend it for two thrill seekers and general park lovers? If so, how would you get there from Orlando? On google maps it says its only 3 hours away. When we go to Orlando in September we aren't going to hiring a car.

Some may say i might be biased since I'm spoiled with the central Florida parks but I've also been to numerous road side stops and small parks. I've been to Wild Adventures three time and each time I tell myself I'll never go back. It's hot garbage IMO and I wouldn't waste my time. The easiest way to go is I4 over to 75 and then all the way to the park exit off of 75. There are other shorter routes distance wise but depending on local traffic will make the overall trip time variate 30-60 minutes. I'd say your looking at about a 3:30 drive.

Have not been under current management .I used to love this park,I have been there when workers outnumbered guests (jan-feb)
Closed at that time now.They have a nice wood coaster and a wild mouse .A good suspended coaster and a family coaster.
Do not know how any are currently running.Is it Orlando quality ? My answer is no .Is it a nice little amusment park ? Yes
Waterpark is included with admission.It is a little small. but it is nice to float the lazy river after baking in the park.

I've been a couple of times. It isn't the best park, but it is a fun little weekend get away. You get to go to both the water park and the amusement park, which brings some diversity to it. The wooden coaster is fun, but they have a Vekoma SLC, a Junior SLC and a boomerang. Not the best collection of coasters, but still fun. Give it a shot, but it isn't even at Six Flags level. .

Some may say i might be biased since I'm spoiled with the central Florida parks but I've also been to numerous road side stops and small parks. I've been to Wild Adventures three time and each time I tell myself I'll never go back. It's hot garbage IMO and I wouldn't waste my time. The easiest way to go is I4 over to 75 and then all the way to the park exit off of 75. There are other shorter routes distance wise but depending on local traffic will make the overall trip time variate 30-60 minutes. I'd say your looking at about a 3:30 drive.

I've driven by it a number of times. Often on the way to SFOG. I've always had that impression of the park, and never wanted to stop (OK maybe a little for some coaster credit, but never have).

I've been. It wasn't that bad, as the lake was pretty and Cheetah was fun. Boomerang was brutal and Hangman was decent for a SLC. Don't expect impressive theming, atmosphere, service or food. Be prepared for a lot of off-the-shelf roller coasters and carnival rides.

So, if you were in my position (We're going to Orlando for the first time for two weeks this September) - Would you just stay in Orlando and spend all the time doing Orlando activities?

So, if you were in my position (We're going to Orlando for the first time for two weeks this September) - Would you just stay in Orlando and spend all the time doing Orlando activities?

You said in original post you have no car.You can take the train to tampa for 12.00 each way or a bus for 20.00
so if you are wanting to leave orlando tampa would be the place to go.
Busch Gardens,Aquarium,Dolphin boat ride There is a Victory ship (behind Aquarium) .

I would just spend my time in Orlando. If I wanted a break from Orlando, I would head to Tampa. Busch Gardens is tons of fun and worth a visit.

The Lion was the only side open when I was there Friday, and it had the longest wait time in the park.

DSC09459_zps7d137fbd.jpg

Last edited:
Ive heard Tiger is not operating until further notice. There are soo many things to do in Orlando and if I was on vacation and wanted a break from it, I wouldn't break away to go to Wild Adventures. Definitely not.

Wild Adventures is very much more a family park. They make a fortune on there concert lineup. But it is not all that. Busch is worth the ride for Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, Montu, Kumba Gwazi if you like a nice beating.

It was the location for 'Zombieland' in the movie Zombieland, so it would be kind of cool to go just to see where the movie was made.

You said in original post you have no car.You can take the train to tampa for 12.00 each way or a bus for 20.00
so if you are wanting to leave orlando tampa would be the place to go.
Busch Gardens,Aquarium,Dolphin boat ride There is a Victory ship (behind Aquarium) .

There's also a shuttle that leaves the Universal Orlando Bus Loop at 8:30 for Busch Gardens.

While Zombieland is an awesome movie, I do not think the Wild Adventures in a good enough park to visit just to see it because it was used as a location shoot. Wild Adventures is an alright park, but nothing to really go out of anyone's way to see.

While Zombieland is an awesome movie, I do not think the Wild Adventures in a good enough park to visit just to see it because it was used as a location shoot. Wild Adventures is an alright park, but nothing to really go out of anyone's way to see.

agreed, but if you make your way up there and are not impressed, at least that's a cool little fact about it