Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I like the promotion because it shows/requires effort, and it's fun for locals. Imagine if you are young Transformers fan driving down I-4 and you see that? "Mommy! I want to go to Universal!!!"

So when do we expect the external sign to be completed?!? Any news?

Sometime in the next 49 days. Remember at this point their main focus is going to be getting as many RVs signed off as possible and ensuring the show is 100%. The building is themed and has an attraction sign. If the figure gets out close to grand opening no biggie.

My guess is around the end of this month we will start seeing softs...more than likely in the middle of the week..so keep an eye out all.

Fun stuff! Did they do this for the USH opening?

The zip code rule was probably put in place for the contest. Winning a trip to ride Transformers is likely only open to residents of the United States.

It was a local marketing campaign. The only reason people on this coast know about it is the theme park sites covered it. The media on this coast didn't cover it, because it wasn't meant for us.

So as far as this market is concerned it's a fresh campaign.

As far as lazy, if you have a campaign that worked in one spot. Why not use it someplace else where for the most part no one has heard of it. In your mind they need to throw out a highly effective campaign because people 2500 miles away have seen it?

Completely agree, this is Business 101. If something works, try to duplicate it in areas that have not experienced it. I don't know how this is lazy, stupid, dumb, or anything else. It is Business and it is smart. I never knew this was done in CA until someone pointed it out a couple days ago here. So it is targeted to locals like me and it is REALLY cool.

Wow there is ALOT going on between May 23rd & memorial day, May 27th. They'll be filming stuff at Universal that day, which also happens to be my son's b-day, Fast 6 opens, Antartica opens May 24th, than comes Memorial day weekend... so I kind of suspect/hope that with all that going on, softs just may be on the 23rd. At the lates, I would say late May softs would start, as even June 1st is less than 3 weeks away from June 20th, so I'd say that anyone going to USF anytime from the beginning of June or later has a 99% chance of getting to ride.

So even if its not open by May 23rd, it will still be an exciting & busy weekend with all of the filming going on, Fast 6, & the opening of Antartica. I just saw the commercial for it & cant wait. From the end of May & onward is indeed going to be exciting times for all us theme park freaks!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So, is there anyone that has gone lately who can say if the temp wall is till up in the gift shop?

Last edited:
So oddly enough the company I work for has a corporate office in Orlando and they are directly across the highway from the building they did up with the marketing/demolition for Transformers watching it thru their windows while they work. So lucky!