Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to bring NEW types of games to Jurassic Park if they really are going to go through with this. And I'm talking games that not only are new but relate to Jurassic Park movies or just the island. No damn carnival games or carnival noises!

The way I see it. Something is better than nothing. It's the really only move Universal can do with the island while the whole island is virtually down in a couple of months. My guess is they'll try to keep river adventure open during the span of the expansion then when update it before the opening. Gotta have something along that long walkway, and games are the only temporary solution.

Hatetofly, do you know if these new games are going to be themed to Jurassic Park (similar to what was done with Simpsons) or if they will be generic carnival games?

I think HTF meant no new dinos in the current refurb. I expect them to add more dinos in the planned refurb during the actual JP expansion

Hey all, I haven’t posted for a while but I have been closely following more threads than ever. I never have much to contribute to the conversation apart from questions and the odd “I agree” but thanks for all the amazing photo updates all over the boards and it sucks to hear about the security incident, you all raise some very valid points about how harmless the act was but how over reactive the consequence was.
I am one of the many people worldwide who is unable to visit the parks in the States but still spends a ridiculous amount of time researching them and watching their progress- I am extremely interested in all aspects of theme parks, from tacky abandoned ones to the world class resorts; 95% of my dreams are of theme parks and if anyone is talking to me about the parks I always have the upper hand on the conversation due to the stupid amount of time that I spend online reading them up. Whenever I hear people talking about how Disneyland is in Florida, I cringe and feel like people out there don’t feel the same passion about the parks with the exception of the alike members on the boards such as OU. Ever since I lurked and joined OU (my first and only forum to date) in 2009, I have been awed at all the amazing things happening at Universal Orlando Resort- I just want to say that I am really disappointed at Universal for the way they have treated some of the hard core fans (photographers), just trying to make the world a better place, by supplying us addicts with a daily photo fix for those people who cannot afford to travel, and it has definitely dampened my chauvinism with Uni.

Anyway, with that out of the way and to contribute to the conversation; I have been reading the Jurassic Park novels by Michael Crichton (they’re really good), I am part way through the Lost World and it says in there that the Amber mines are in South Africa, not an Island off the West Coast of Costa Rica. My query is; has there actually been any confirmation of the theme of the mine coaster being related to mining Amber? I know it would work well cos of the whole mosquito thing going on but I thought I would ask; there hasn't been much but relevant complaining on this thread recently

Hey all, I haven’t posted for a while but I have been closely following more threads than ever. I never have much to contribute to the conversation apart from questions and the odd “I agree” but thanks for all the amazing photo updates all over the boards and it sucks to hear about the security incident, you all raise some very valid points about how harmless the act was but how over reactive the consequence was.
I am one of the many people worldwide who is unable to visit the parks in the States but still spends a ridiculous amount of time researching them and watching their progress- I am extremely interested in all aspects of theme parks, from tacky abandoned ones to the world class resorts; 95% of my dreams are of theme parks and if anyone is talking to me about the parks I always have the upper hand on the conversation due to the stupid amount of time that I spend online reading them up. Whenever I hear people talking about how Disneyland is in Florida, I cringe and feel like people out there don’t feel the same passion about the parks with the exception of the alike members on the boards such as OU. Ever since I lurked and joined OU (my first and only forum to date) in 2009, I have been awed at all the amazing things happening at Universal Orlando Resort- I just want to say that I am really disappointed at Universal for the way they have treated some of the hard core fans (photographers), just trying to make the world a better place, by supplying us addicts with a daily photo fix for those people who cannot afford to travel, and it has definitely dampened my chauvinism with Uni.

Anyway, with that out of the way and to contribute to the conversation; I have been reading the Jurassic Park novels by Michael Crichton (they’re really good), I am part way through the Lost World and it says in there that the Amber mines are in South Africa, not an Island off the West Coast of Costa Rica. My query is; has there actually been any confirmation of the theme of the mine coaster being related to mining Amber? I know it would work well cos of the whole mosquito thing going on but I thought I would ask; there hasn't been much but relevant complaining on this thread recently

Although I live in the states, I am in somewhat the same boat being 1500 miles away and have been to the Orlando parks a few times. I spend way too much time reading forums for any new tidbit of info on the parks in Florida and California ever since my first visit to Disney World in 2000. My interest really took off in 2006 when I went to Disneyland for the first time.

I hope you make it over some day soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.