Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 503 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
^^I certainly wouldn't justify those minor improvements to be the leading cause of a 15% increase in guest attendance as RDJ is suggesting. I would agree that yes those probably helped but Transformers was the driving force of the increase.

Transformers certainly helped the cause, but was far from the sole reason for the 15% attendance increase.

It's far and away the biggest reason. Let's not kid ourselves.

Looks like UOR's attendance growth is slowing, down from over 20% for IOA to 4% this year.

Still, that's above the baseline 2% economic growth that we've seen across the board, but not by enough.

UOR was never going to continue the 20% increases it was seeing post-Potter. It's just not realistic. You'll see another big spike after Diagon Alley, but Universal's parks will most likely level out at 8.5 million visitors each yearly.

We're spoiled here in Orlando since we already had Spiderman. TF is unlike anything ever seen USH, and far and away the best attraction at the park. If this did 15%, I can't imagine what Potter will do. Although, the bar was just raised a little bit by TF, so it might not be as mind boggling as it could have been.

I'm pretty sure if the fire alarm was activated all show effects would disable, service lights would go on, and the ride would E-stop. Same thing happens in movie theatre minus the E-stop.
It all depends on the ride, some have a "fire alarm" mode, others do not

To expand on what Capacity said: Typically in a case like that unless the fire or damage/smoke from it are actually interfering with the ride path near guests they are not going to stop the ride vehicles at all. They will cycle the remaining ones on the ride path until they are at the exit. The show elements may stop but the ride will cycle out and let guests exit because that is actually the fastest and safest way to get everyone out of the building.
:thumbs: This is probably the most stressfull moment for their control booth operators because they only have a few seconds from the time the alarm goes off to survey the ride track and decide do we e-stop or do we cycle them clear. If there is fire and it would put the guests at risk they are going to stop, otherwise the fastest way is to cycle clear.

Correct. That happens with most rides in any park. E-stopping is usually not an option when there's a fire, as it usually takes less time to just cycle out the ride instead of evacuating.
Interestingly some of the rides have a fire alarm mode where the RVs return to their home position and go full speed to unload.

I thought this made for a nice photo spot. I'm sure someone could or has get a better shot from here, I just got this real quick while walking over to ride.

FKAGsbMl.jpg

This may be the same spot, I know used that rock but can't remember if its this shot or another as I zoomed in

IMG_3493.jpg

In front of transformers waiting for a soft right now. Anyone else here?

Edit: still waiting. HUGE line has formed just to get in the Que. People are getting kind of testy.There are probably 3000 people waiting. Security has came out a couple times to check on the congestion. Getting kind of unsafe with the streets packed. I hope they either open the doors up or the actual que soon.

Last edited:
The grey color of those buildings clash so much with Mel's and the Shrek SS.
Exact same thing I was thinking as soon as I saw these pics, looks so out of place away from the TF building like that but they had no other choice I guess, but the theming looks great as far as matching it up with the main ride building though..and IzzyB I see your point too with Shrek possibly being demo'd in the future, but don't think !
Mel's will be, maybe they plan to paint Mel' s in the near future or something to help blend it in?
BTW has there ever been an answer for the purpose of the doorway like structure they built on the other side of the street next to the building? Is it just used as a backdrop for the M&G?

In front of transformers waiting for a soft right now. Anyone else here?

Edit: still waiting. HUGE line has formed just to get in the Que. People are getting kind of testy.There are probably 3000 people waiting. Security has came out a couple times to check on the congestion. Getting kind of unsafe with the streets packed. I hope they either open the doors up or the actual que soon.

People really have no right to get testy. They on their own free will are standing in the street in front of an attraction that is advertised to open on the 20th, with 7 or 8 signs around that state it's not open.

^^^^ Agreed, go ride something and come back. That is what we did. I understand a couple people sitting back and waiting for it to open, but no need to pile in front of the ride.

The problem with it being publicly known that there has been softs every night in a row since Thursday, I can kind of see where there expectations for this to open to be higher & higher each night. If only they would understand that it has been opening around 6 every night, & once it does open, it will most likely be open till park close & will have plenty of time to ride. But they certainly couldnt get mad at USF, as its not advertized as open, only themselves for taking the chance on waiting with the chance they might not ride.

However, since it has been opening relatively the same time every day now, it would make things easier if they just put out a sign that says "Possibly opening at 6pm" so that people would at least go do other stuff than come back, than that area wouldnt be so congested. They could also come on the mega phone & say "There's no gaurantees, but if we do open tonight, it wont be until 6pm. so please take this time to enjoy the rest of the attractions in the park."

Haha^ good luck guys there is just way too much hype for this ride for people not to pile in front of it. Anyway I just got off the ride. AMAZING! So glad i got the chance to catch soft on my trip this year. I rode twice. First ride was first row 2nd seat. Second ride back row and i looked around a lot. The scenes with the elevators are awesome as far a engineering/tech involved. Great ride. Ride time is currently 100 min.

Edit: You guys are missing the point. the problem wasn't people waiting it was that there wasn't enough room for them TO wait. They needed to just open the que IMO. People were getting testy beause we were shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk and people needed to get through etc. All the while there is a perfectly good empty Que we could of been in. I say we i mean they. I was fine with it. Totally worth waiting!

Last edited:
The problem with it being publicly known that there has been softs every night in a row since Thursday, I can kind of see where there expectations for this to open to be higher & higher each night. If only they would understand that it has been opening around 6 every night, & once it does open, it will most likely be open till park close & will have plenty of time to ride. But they certainly couldnt get mad at USF, as its not advertized as open, only themselves for taking the chance on waiting with the chance they might not ride.

However, since it has been opening relatively the same time every day now, it would make things easier if they just put out a sign that says "Possibly opening at 6pm" so that people would at least go do other stuff than come back, than that area wouldnt be so congested. They could also come on the mega phone & say "There's no gaurantees, but if we do open tonight, it wont be until 6pm. so please take this time to enjoy the rest of the attractions in the park."

For one the 6pm thing isn't really a set time at all, one day they opened around 2:30. Second if you say 6pm people expect 6pm, even if it's used in a statement like you offered. The ride opens on the 20th, and that's all they will offer if they are not open at that moment.

Haha^ good luck guys there is just way too much hype for this ride for people not to pile in front of it. Anyway I just got off the ride. AMAZING! So glad i got the chance to catch soft on my trip this year. I rode twice. First ride was first row 2nd seat. Second ride back row and i looked around a lot. The scenes with the elevators are awesome as far a engineering/tech involved. Great ride. Ride time is currently 100 min.

Edit: You guys are missing the point. the problem wasn't people waiting it was that there wasn't enough room for them TO wait. They needed to just open the que IMO. People were getting testy beause we were shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk and people needed to get through etc. All the while there is a perfectly good empty Que we could of been in. I say we i mean they. I was fine with it. Totally worth waiting!

I wasn't missing your point. People shouldn't be testy about the amount of room to wait because if they feel crowded they should leave instead of standing there waiting for a ride that is closed with no promise of opening.

Also opening the queue makes people feel like it's going to happen soon, and that's not necessarily true.

Hey, thats not fair, when I rode it was only a 4 minute ride!!!:rofl:

Anyway, glad you made it through, welcome to the NEST family!
Lol wait time. Stupid phone...

Thanks! Glad i got to ride.

Nitro... Just trying to pitch in and report what i experienced. I don't get to the parks often. I wasn't complaining i was just describing the atmosphere. Im just happy to. contribute to this site even if it isnt much

Nitro... Just trying to pitch in and report what i experienced. I don't get to the parks often. I wasn't complaining i was just describing the atmosphere. Im just happy to. contribute to this site even if it isnt much

No worries, it was a complaint about the people who do that, not your reporting of it.

Front row is indeed amazing. Had my fourth ride tonight and rode in the front for the first time. Ride felt way faster and more intense. Amazing experience!