Springfield Expansion | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is just my personal opinion now, but im not digging the brick look on Duff Gardens. Maybe it will look better once all said and done but compared to something ive seen previously, I like what I saw a lot better.

Personally this looks way better than I thought it would after finding out it won't be real bricks. And this is only the first coat of paint.

This is just my personal opinion now, but im not digging the brick look on Duff Gardens. Maybe it will look better once all said and done but compared to something ive seen previously, I like what I saw a lot better.

Personally this looks way better than I thought it would after finding out it won't be real bricks. And this is only the first coat of paint.

Yeah, this is just the first layer. Nassal knows what they're doing.

Did some digging about Lard Lads. Try the cupcakes at FFB for a preview. Also, there is some type of donut in the plans with an ice cream center. Not sure if this means encased or simply served on top like a sundae. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what gives.

Yum and very sweet!!!

Has there been any information regarding the grass that's supposed to be going Duff Gardens and the rest of Springfield? Will it be real or artificial?

Has there been any information regarding the grass that's supposed to be going Duff Gardens and the rest of Springfield? Will it be real or artificial?

My guess is artificial. Probably the same grass they used for the Music Plaza. Real grass would be destroyed by guests in hours and if there's going to be that fire hydrant play area it's going to be one big muddy mess.

My guess is artificial. Probably the same grass they used for the Music Plaza. Real grass would be destroyed by guests in hours and if there's going to be that fire hydrant play area it's going to be one big muddy mess.

Exactly. Just look at how long the mulch surrounding the trees on the Springfield sidewalk lasted. A couple days later, after guests kept walking through it and kicking the woodchips onto the rest of the sidewalk, and Uni filled in the open dirt areas with that soft ground material used on playgrounds.

FYI...the most obvious post of the day..they are working 24 hours a day to get this all finished by (hopefully) June 20th. Once completed this will all become the new section "Downtown Springfield" which will have it's own place on the new maps which should be available Thursday. I had a Flaming Moe the other day and it was quite good. I was expecting a Mt.Dew clone but this tasted more like an Orange Crush/Mt.Dew mix. $8 is a bit pricey but when you consider it comes in a collectible plastic glass..its a pretty good deal :thumbs: just my thoughts though.

FYI...the most obvious post of the day..they are working 24 hours a day to get this all finished by (hopefully) June 20th. Once completed this will all become the new section "Downtown Springfield" which will have it's own place on the new maps which should be available Thursday. I had a Flaming Moe the other day and it was quite good. I was expecting a Mt.Dew clone but this tasted more like an Orange Crush/Mt.Dew mix. $8 is a bit pricey but when you consider it comes in a collectible plastic glass..its a pretty good deal :thumbs: just my thoughts though.

Last I checked, it doesn't have its own section on the map. I will double check to see if something changed since then.

Animal kingdom is selling lard lord type doughnuts now lol Orlando informer has it on his timeline.

Here is what he was talking about.

BM0kTc6CUAEQOz0.jpg

Those aren't new, but they don't always use pink frosting. Sometimes its white, sometimes its chocolate frosting, but I've seen pink frosting more than a few times before, and at the donuts stands at Epcot as well.