Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 621 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to get a little bit ahead of schedule, it would hurt my heart any. Would love to see that thing in action late September during HHN. :pray:

I don't foresee anyone here seeing it operate until after HHN unfortunately. We will see though...

With how fast things are goin, I wouldn't be surprised if testing starts in September! Especially if the track is already finished aside from some mechanics. But we will have to see indeed...

some pictures from today

In this last picture - anybody know what the concrete walls could be? I'm not sure where the "entrance" to Diagon Alley will be but could this be the magic "open bricks" entrance??

That building with the triangular roof in the last picture looks like Ollivander's to me. I have a LEGO model of Diagon Alley and that's what it looks like to me, but I'm most likely wrong.

I'm not sure what it is exactly used for, but by the looks of it this structure with the triangle roof is not an actual building. The covered roof that stretches from Diagon Alley connects to this area. It seems on the Diagon Alley side, its just a covered area. While if you are on the side next to the Amity restrooms, it looks as if its a real building.

Looking at the UOR Permit and saw the contractor to be Lexington Acquisition Inc. Did research and found out some cool info about their work. They "brought the New York City subway to the streets of Charlotte for four days in April 2011 to promote the Tribeca Film Festival. Lexington built the structure to scale and scenically aged it to lend an authenticity." I'm sure they are the ones fabricating and installing platform 3/4 and the whole train station.

Searched some more and saw that they did work on the WWOHP, Simpsons and even on the retheming of the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland.

Last edited:
Well, I think people who REALLY want to ride the HE will be big Harry Potter fans and will probably get 2-park tickets anyway.

To a point, but it will be one of the few true family attraction on property, and everyone wants to experience a new ride. This will be very interesting.

I don't know how this whole "upgrading" thing is going to work out. If they end up going that route then how can this ride be functional all day long with out it being a rip off to people. Think about it, what if you wanted to ride the train at 6pm, you're telling me that a group of people are really going to pay the price of admission for an entirely separate park just for one ride and just to be in that park for only 3 hours? But on the other hand, you can't have people wanting to ride the train all at once...There seems to be no solution to this. They could lower the upgrading price as the day progresses?

I don't think they've reached a concrete answer on the matter, actually. Last I heard they were still working out the HE 2-park issue.

I don't know how this whole "upgrading" thing is going to work out. If they end up going that route then how can this ride be functional all day long with out it being a rip off to people. Think about it, what if you wanted to ride the train at 6pm, you're telling me that a group of people are really going to pay the price of admission for an entirely separate park just for one ride and just to be in that park for only 3 hours? But on the other hand, you can't have people wanting to ride the train all at once...There seems to be no solution to this. They could lower the upgrading price as the day progresses?

Am I crazy or did someone here confirm that 2 day tickets were gonna be standard or something? :shrug: I'm gonna search around, and please don't take my word as gospel, but I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Edit: Ignore me lol. Here you go for the thread on that. Seems we still don't know, but it could be that one park ticket holders will be able to ride, but not get off. They'll have to take the train back to the Studios.

Last edited:
Seems like that would be a very big hassle when the train reaches its destination and unloading starts...Maybe they'll have one train for those staying at the park of destination and another for those who will just ride and come back. However, this might just make people want to stay once they get there...

First, I don't think they know what they're doing (hence the survey a few months ago.)
Second, if they do require the two park ticket, I believe that the thought process is that most guests will get the two park pass to experience the full Wizarding World of Harry Potter anyway.

I think the best thing they could do would be to remove the idea of "parks" entirely and just offer a Universal Orlando Resort ticket you present at the turnstiles. Charge the price of a one day, one park admission for one day two parks (lowering prices wouldn't happen but it's nice to dream), and go from there.

I think the best thing they could do would be to remove the idea of "parks" entirely and just offer a Universal Orlando Resort ticket you present at the turnstiles. Charge the price of a one day, one park admission for one day two parks (lowering prices wouldn't happen but it's nice to dream), and go from there.

I can't imagine them getting rid of the one day one park ticket. It's possible, but I just don't see it happening.

ive shared my thoughts on the 2 day park ticket many times...I think Universal should require a 2 park ticket to ride HE. People WILL pay it, just like people pay an arm and a leg for express at HHN. It will also make the system MUCH easier to maintain on a logistics basis. Riding the train one way, and then riding back will just inflate wait times. If you want to board that train, you'll need to pay the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.