Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does moving Kong to IOA indicate a bigger and better attraction than was originally planned for the Disaster location?

I believe HtF stated for right now there is no plans on it. Although i doubt it, there is the possibility that it could get a refurb.

" Originally Posted by mainejeff
Does moving Kong to IOA indicate a bigger and better attraction than was originally planned for the Disaster location?"

I believe HtF stated for right now there is no plans on it. Although i doubt it, there is the possibility that it could get a refurb.

I think what mainejeff is asking is whether this new Kong attraction will be better than the kong attraction that was rumoured to be replacing Disaster. and mainejeff your answer will be yes, different but a lot better!!! I think most people would agree.

To answer the question for HTF, this kong attraction is MUCH more ambitious than the one pitched for Disaster!.

And cincerning PJ's Kong. There is an awesome 2 hour movie buried somewhere in that 3 hour mediocre movie.

And I too am curios about the JP Expansion and how this Kong thing will effect it in terms of content and time table.

My favorite part of Jackson's Kong movie was the "city" part in the end, and so that is why I was excited about the Disaster redo, because I had hope they could somehow recreate that. I do agree the skull island part of the movie was boring and drug on forever.

My favorite part of Jackson's Kong movie was the "city" part in the end, and so that is why I was excited about the Disaster redo, because I had hope they could somehow recreate that. I do agree the skull island part of the movie was boring and drug on forever.

I don't know if I'd call it boring but it definitely lacked in parts. However, it could be spruced up into an awesome 4 minute ride experience without any issues at all, in my opinion.

Although it did drag a bit, I don't think anyone could argue that the parts at Skull Island (particularly the Kong vs. V-Rex part) weren't the most memorable aspects of Jackson's adaptation.

Ace in the Hole reference :

Bill Paxton won't be narrating the new Kong attraction it will be ???????

wait for it

wait

Kirk Douglas :lol:

Looks like no go on the games this week. 4 of the 5 games are installed but delays are pushing it back to next week.

Thank god for that.... I was worried for a minute. :-X

I have a question re: Kong..

The t-Rex in pjs kong is quite a significant character and would presumably feature in the ride HTF is describing...

However, pjs vision of a t-Rex is different from Spielberg's vision of a t-Rex.
Does anyone else think that this would look weird having two incarnations of the same animal but looking different so close to each other....

Maybe I'm being picky... Maybe the Dino won't feature in kong.... What does everyone else think?

Thank god for that.... I was worried for a minute. :-X

I have a question re: Kong..

The t-Rex in pjs kong is quite a significant character and would presumably feature in the ride HTF is describing...

However, pjs vision of a t-Rex is different from Spielberg's vision of a t-Rex.
Does anyone else think that this would look weird having two incarnations of the same animal but looking different so close to each other....

Maybe I'm being picky... Maybe the Dino won't feature in kong.... What does everyone else think?

I agree with you. I liked the idea of making Jurassic Park the Lost World, to comfortably accommodate both properties...well actually I'd hate to lose Jurassic Park but that's the only way I think they could reasonably coexist.

Really, it's a huge contrast for a few reasons. Skull Island is primitive and uncharted, the opposite of the engineered Jurassic Park.
The dinosaur action in Kong is cooler than anything in JP, which would IMO diminish the impact of RA's climax.
Furthermore, the Dino Kong fights is technically a called a V-Rex...stuffs all made up. It contrasts with JP.

Should this come to fruition I hope the Dino's stay out of the picture. I don't think you're being picky.

I don't know if I saw this on here or somewhere else, but someone mentioned possibly recycling at least one of the triceratops AA's on the mine train or integrating it into JPRA. I see a lot of logistics problems with both suggestions, but wouldn't it be pretty awesome if they just dropped a Triceratops in the empty right hand side of the lagoon, across from the Ultrasaurus? Pretty sure that area is a maintenance ramp for when they empty the lagoon, but some shifting of foliage and fences could put a new dino over there, methinks.
jpra.png

I don't know if I saw this on here or somewhere else, but someone mentioned possibly recycling at least one of the triceratops AA's on the mine train or integrating it into JPRA. I see a lot of logistics problems with both suggestions, but wouldn't it be pretty awesome if they just dropped a Triceratops in the empty right hand side of the lagoon, across from the Ultrasaurus? Pretty sure that area is a maintenance ramp for when they empty the lagoon, but some shifting of foliage and fences could put a new dino over there, methinks.
jpra.png

It's always bothered me that triceratops isn't anywhere to be found in the River Adventure or the rest of Jurassic Park. Also, that first scene in the River Adventure is so lame on the right hand side....with all that open space and no Dinos. At least in Hollywood they have a smaller Ultrasaur to the right.

Yeah, I mean for an attraction that was designed twenty years ago (started production concurrently with the first jurassic park film), they wouldn't go amiss with a bit of an update on the River Adventure. Short of actually opening a new ride, this would give a good boost to JP and get people playing "spot the dino". Obviously, they would need to take this opportunity to tune up the AA's they have and get some more realism in their movements. Is it really difficult for them to possibly program the dinosaurs with a variety of motions and sequences that would make them behave differently each time you ride? Even subtle changes that might increase the believability would be awesome.

I always figured that there must have been a budget cut and they did not move forward with a 2nd ultrasaur on the left side behind the first. The space looks like an identical bay for another animatronic. Does this make sense? Anyone know if that scene was designed to have more in it?

I always figured that there must have been a budget cut and they did not move forward with a 2nd ultrasaur on the left side behind the first. The space looks like an identical bay for another animatronic. Does this make sense? Anyone know if that scene was designed to have more in it?

From what it looks like in the picture, that empty space has access to a ramp which leads to the main service road backstage. I'm not sure what they would be pulling in and out of the water from that ramp, but whatever it is, a second ultrasaur probably would've blocked it off.

Or, that ramp was originally intended for service to animatronics and it really was just a budget cut. It seems weird that they would design Orlando's River Adventure to purposefully be inferior to Hollywood's.

Status
Not open for further replies.