Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot recall, but when a major construction project is underway, do they continue filing for permits for every little thing within that project... a permit for every sink, fountain, toilet, sign, light and concrete pour? I would think the London facades alone would have had thousands of such permits if it is required. I cannot imagine this being the case.

The reason I ask is because this may have no relationship to Potter if it is not behind the major construction walls.

For each project, there will be multiple permits filed. In this case, the main project is demolition, then under that, they filed for a construction wall and pavement/sidewalk.

Right around the time DA started up, Orlando made the permit site tedious to search. But there would be plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and engineering permits under a certain project number, usually starting with a building and/or engineering permit.

The Lost Continent project is 3992.

Is Nassau working on anything for potter again for this expansion.

Short answer, yes. There were even some pictures floating around of Gringotts desks being built inside Nassal. But I'm not sure how much Nassal is doing, though. :shrug:

From @Parkscope:

"From our friend @derekburgan. Wyndham's Theatre has one of its signs up! #PotterWatch"

BfaqSDMIAAAl3Bm.jpg:large

Short answer, yes. There were even some pictures floating around of Gringotts desks being built inside Nassal. But I'm not sure how much Nassal is doing, though. :shrug:

I have been told that gringotts desks were not built on Nassal premises, but probably by a sub contracted by Nassal. That said, Nassal is a lead contractor on all three Potter projects being built around the world. Nassal however, does sub a ton of work to others smaller companiiiiieeeeeesss.

The recent video of the three art directors talking about the construction of phase I left me doing this: :look:

They were dancing on the nitrogen fog of many subcontractors that were sourced and actually did the work in their own shops hundreds of miles away.

The recent video of the three art directors talking about the construction of phase I left me doing this: :look:

Link, please? :thumbs:

BTW, another piece of "concept art" if you will... When you click on the "Messages" icon, while in the Diagon Alley section of the Universal Orlando interactive website, you come across this:

iUrfBmmj56lD6.png

Funnily enough, everything still says Hogsmeade, even when you send a message, or when you open it after you receive it (yes, I sent myself an owl :p), it all still says and shows Hogsmeade, but we have at least that extra sneak peek for now. :smiley:

Last edited:

BTW, another piece of "concept art" if you will... When you click on the "Messages" icon, while in the Diagon Alley section of the Universal Orlando interactive website, you come across this:

Funnily enough, everything still says Hogsmeade, even when you send a message, or when you open it after you receive it (yes, I sent myself an owl :p), it all still says and shows Hogsmeade, but we have at least that extra sneak peek for now. :smiley:

I sent myself one too... nobody else would ever send me one and I wanted to see what it looked like!! :rofl:

Since there are a few new stores opening in DA, does anyone know if there's any chance of a Skele-Gro bottle being made for sale? I think it would make a great drink bottle. I know they already have the keychain, but I think a bottle version would be great! :cheers:

Don't have it quickly... it is 10 or so pages back embedded.

Why those files still have Hogmeade in them is beyond me. Why don't they first do a messy search and replace with "Diagon Alley"? I would hope the databases and text files are in completely different directories than the Hogsmeade files. Yeeesh!

Both of them suck to be honest. Simpsons makes me dizzy now, and it is not really that fun to do. Why would I want to do a joke version of rides I can do for real at Disney and Sea World.
that's what I've always hated about Simpsons ride, It isn't really a simpsons ride until the very end, It is a spoof on famous rides we already have in other parks with the Simpsons in it.

The first time it was funny, the second time it was cute and amusing... by the 5th time I just wanted to close my eyes and get it over with.

I mean, at least the Transformers ride IS a transformers ride even if it is a Spiderman Clone.

Suck? Really??..

Last edited:
Since there are a few new stores opening in DA, does anyone know if there's any chance of a Skele-Gro bottle being made for sale? I think it would make a great drink bottle. I know they already have the keychain, but I think a bottle version would be great! :cheers:

I don't know if they will but I'm with you. I really want one of these even if its just a statue to sit on a shelf. Its one of my favorite prop designs.

Londoners who frequent that area of town are going to have a real mind-bend when they see that facade. Talk about "out of context"!

What about Springfielders who know King Toots obviously should be to the right of Moes, while The Android's Dungeon should clearly be to the left??? And why is Lard Lad across the street when everyone knows it is across town by the power plant???

Worst. Expansion. Ever.

Reactions: natespf
Didnt know where to post this but found it rather funny

Hermione should have married Harry Potter, Rowling admits

London (AFP) - After years of squabbling, Harry Potter's best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger finally became an item -- but now their creator JK Rowling has admitted she made a mistake by marrying them off.

Hermione -- whose quick wits get the teen wizards out of many a scrape in Rowling's hit novels -- would have been better off with hero Harry, the British author said in comments published by the Sunday Times newspaper.

In fact, Ron and Hermione would likely have ended up in marriage counselling, Rowling suggested.

"For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron," Rowling says in an interview with Wonderland magazine, previewed by the Sunday Times and due out next Friday.

"I know, I'm sorry, I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility.

"Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not."

Rowling's interviewer in Wonderland was none other than British actress Emma Watson, who played Hermione in the blockbuster movie series based on the Potter books.

The actress agreed with Rowling, saying: "I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy."

Rowling has sold more than 450 million copies of the Harry Potter books, which were made into eight films starring Daniel Radcliffe, Watson and Rupert Grint as Ron.

The franchise has made Rowling an estimated fortune of £560 million ($920 million, 683 million euros), according to the Sunday Times' Rich List 2013.

What about Springfielders who know King Toots obviously should be to the right of Moes, while The Android's Dungeon should clearly be to the left??? And why is Lard Lad across the street when everyone knows it is across town by the power plant???

Worst. Expansion. Ever.

It's not that serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.