Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Mar 5, 2014
I don't know how much longer the Epic Stunt Spectacular will last but wouldn't it be a great addition to add an Indy themed ride to the studios? But where would it fit? Should it replace an attraction at DHS that's almost on its way out? Great movie ride? Backlot studio tour? I think an Indy ride would bring a lot of guests to the park I guarantee it...and would be more popular than the stunt show.

They should have just built the ride from Disneyland in Animal Kingdom instead of Dinosaur (CTX) to begin with. I think animals play enough of a role in the films for the ride to make sense at AK.

As for the Studios, plans for that park seem to have stalled. Talks of Cars replacing LMA were changed to expanding Star Wars' presence, maybe both are still on the table, but it seems like Avatar will be nearly complete before any official announcement of a Studios makeover.

I think having an Indy themed ride and keeping the stunt show could also work too....I think a new concept of an Indy ride they should think about, I don't think they should copy the dinosaur version from AK...possibly a new version maybe like revenge of the mummy type at USF perhaps? I'm just saying attractions like great movie ride, backlot tour, beauty & the beast I don't think will stick around much longer. And the epic stunt show spectacular has been their for about 20 years....so sooner or later don't you think they will replace the stunt show?
Disney Paris has Indy ride, Disney Tokyo does and DL out in Cali does, so why not WDW at hollywood studios? I think Indy ride would best fit in their...it's just they came out with a newer movie too, kingdom of the crystal skull..wouldn't it be neat to theme the ride to the latest movie? Not to mention Disney had bought Indiana jones now, it's no longer LucasFilms I believe.

Last edited:
I think having an Indy themed ride and keeping the stunt show could also work too....I think a new concept of an Indy ride they should think about, I don't think they should copy the dinosaur version from AK...possibly a new version maybe like revenge of the mummy type at USF perhaps? I'm just saying attractions like great movie ride, backlot tour, beauty & the beast I don't think will stick around much longer. And the epic stunt show spectacular has been their for about 20 years....so sooner or later don't you think they will replace the stunt show?
Disney Paris has Indy ride, Disney Tokyo does and DL out in Cali does, so why not WDW at hollywood studios? I think Indy ride would best fit in their...it's just they came out with a newer movie too, kingdom of the crystal skull..wouldn't it be neat to theme the ride to the latest movie? Not to mention Disney had bought Indiana jones now, it's no longer LucasFilms I believe.

You are correct. Disney owns Indiana Jones now.

Well it is part of Lucasfilm, but Disney bought the company. :thumbs:

I'm giving up on DHS. :lol: Disney could make stupid money off a Star Wars Land but they don't seem interested in spending the money necessary to make money. Indy is an even harder sell now so I'd just forget that too.

That current plot where the Indy show is currently being looked at for Star Wars expansion.

imo, Indy would fit better as an immersive land at DAK better anyway.

That current plot where the Indy show is currently being looked at for Star Wars expansion.

imo, Indy would fit better as an immersive land at DAK better anyway.

Star wars expansion wont happen for now. Only expansion for now is avatar and if Star wars was for 2017 then we would have seen action by now. Especially since they have been working already on redoing the camp mickey at DAK, they havent done anything with the proposed plot at DHS which takes up alot more room than camp mickey/minnie at DAK.

So, no star wars til 2020+ IMO.

Keep focused on Universal, great news coming from their pretty much each week :thumbs:

Star wars expansion wont happen for now. Only expansion for now is avatar and if Star wars was for 2017 then we would have seen action by now. Especially since they have been working already on redoing the camp mickey at DAK, they havent done anything with the proposed plot at DHS which takes up alot more room than camp mickey/minnie at DAK.

So, no star wars til 2020+ IMO.

Keep focused on Universal, great news coming from their pretty much each week :thumbs:
Oh, i'm well aware of that. My point was that Indy is not going to be added to the studios. If anything it will be taken away.

Misleading title for what's essentially a pipe dream. I'm pretty sure TDO has no intention of spending money to bulldoze a show and then build an almost decade old attraction with the same tech as another ride in the park next door, as amazing as the ride may be.

I love how we expect Disney to copy and paste 20 year old attractions instead of creating new ones...I say build a Star Wars ride with Indy technology..or maybe a new Indy ride when 5 comes out

I like Indy, but don't see a need for more. He has his show and scenes in The Great Movie Ride, which is sufficient. Not sure how marketable or profitable an Indy Land would be. If any Lucas property is deserving, it's Stars Wars. I'm still baffled as to why we don't have a Star Wars Land yet. It would make ginormous amounts of money with a multi-generation fan base that challenges, if not eclipses Potter. If only Uni owned the rights...

Never been on the Indy ride, but that one has been open for a long time. What they need is a new state of the art star wars ride and land.

But what I'm saying is that ok Star Wars new ride and land would be great, I'm all in for that. But they can make a newer version of the Indy ride once maybe the newer fifth Indy film comes out perhaps. A new style of Indiana jones ride. Not the same version that has been around for years and years. You honestly don't think a new futuristic version of an Indiana jones ride will fit ride into DHS? I mean the epic stunt spectacular isn't going anywhere anytime soon i understand that..,but it's not going to be around I promise you let's say in 2030.

Sorry I'm not trying to repost on this thread but is anyone giving up on a possible Indiana jones adventure attraction?

Yes.

Star wars, cars land and if they can revive the muppets, muppetsland would be a better fit for the studios to help round it out. Until then, we will have to stick with the mess which is DHS

DHS needs to do many things
1. Demo 75% of the park
2. More Star Wars
3. More Indy
4. More Pixar
5. Add frozen
6. More muppets
7. MAKE IT WORTH GOING TO!!!
DHS went from awesome to garbage in the span of a couple years, my god I went last year and I was bored out of my mind, after like the 4 things that were worth doing I was dying on the backlot tour and drowning in boredom throughout the shows. It's straight at the bottom of the parks for me with animal kingdom barely above it, that's seriously saying something. Disney stop focusing on MK and give the parks that need it actual love

I think for regulars of the parks anything can get repetitive and boring. For people who might only vacation in Orlando once every 5 years, it's not so much of a problem, which the all the parks must be well aware of and they'll balance investment accordingly