Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my Potter knowledge is correct, the only stores in Hogsmeade that don't belong there are Wiseacre's (which they've now changed), Ollivanders (which JKR has said is an branch store and is supposed to be there), Pippin's Potions (which I doubt anyone would notice as it's a single window on the second story) and Potages.

Isn't there also a Quality Quidditch Supplies? And leaving Pippin's potions is fine unless they are also installing a Pippin's Potions in Diagon Alley, then it will be more noticeable.

Thanks everyone for the pics and updates! :thumbs: I don't think I could be more anxious and excited for this project, but I just keep getting more and more pumped with every day that goes by!

I gotta admit, my Madam Puddifoot's dreams are crushed. I should be pleased that it's at least getting featured in a facade, but I can only think that this nod will, to me, be a permanent tease that the real deal will never happen. This spoiled fan is bummed :-(

The interactivity element has always boggled my mind and still stumps me to this day. I just think the potential popularity of something like this will far surpass what these two areas will be able to handle crowd-wise. I hope it's as controlled and smooth as possible.

Keep it coming guys! And kudos to Universal, WB and the whole team for putting forth such amazing work, which is stunning even as it stands now unfinished! I cannot wait to step foot in there!!!

I don't know about this is it for the tea shop. If you think about it, the front facade was not expensive for them to do, it is the props in the window that cost the money. So down the line if they open a real tea shop, those props can just be moved over to the new store and they put something else in that window display. The money wasted would hardly be anything. I think it all depends later on the guest surveys as to whether the dual wand shows are needed. If it slows down and the one over in Diagon is enough, they will close it down and probably put a tea shop in. But if the demand never reduces in Hogsmeade then we will get the dual wand shops. They can still sell wands in Diagon without the show, so they won't lose out on sales.

Isn't there also a Quality Quidditch Supplies? And leaving Pippin's potions is fine unless they are also installing a Pippin's Potions in Diagon Alley, then it will be more noticeable.

I believe you're referring to Spintwitches, which is the store that sells Quidditch supplies in Hogsmeade.

I still can't believe they haven't announced anything yet as far as opening, since we're now supposedly approx 60 days from grand opening and possibly 45 days or sooner from softs for certain groups. Maybe they're going to do like they did with Transformers and just very quietly open it one day, and then have a grand opening weeks later.

I still can't believe they haven't announced anything yet as far as opening, since we're now supposedly approx 60 days from grand opening and possibly 45 days or sooner from softs for certain groups. Maybe they're going to do like they did with Transformers and just very quietly open it one day, and then have a grand opening weeks later.

Well, that's how soft openings work. They're random.

There will be a date announced for this. They want people to come down this summer. We'll hear something in the next few weeks.

The grand opening date for WWOHP 1.0 was announced on March 25th. They're real late on this if they're aiming for same timeframe.

Wonder if Universal and Disney are waiting for each other to show their cards? I mean I would imagine Disney would be much more intimidated by Potter than vice versa but one would think neither of them want opening competition. As for the hours of operations I find it ignorant that the park will only be open til 10PM over the Summer according to the Universal Website. As mentioned above the hours should be 8am-11PM every day with weekend hours pushing midnight IMO. Your building the largest expansion ever created and even better its a sequel to the biggest and most successful theme park creation ever created. They have spent millions and millions of dollars to build up the entire infrastructure with shows, attractions, food and beverage options, and even a close by "value" hotel and they are closing it down at 10PM? Sorry I just don't get it.

Should be more like 8am-11pm

Wonder if Universal and Disney are waiting for each other to show their cards? I mean I would imagine Disney would be much more intimidated by Potter than vice versa but one would think neither of them want opening competition. As for the hours of operations I find it ignorant that the park will only be open til 10PM over the Summer according to the Universal Website. As mentioned above the hours should be 8am-11PM every day with weekend hours pushing midnight IMO. Your building the largest expansion ever created and even better its a sequel to the biggest and most successful theme park creation ever created. They have spent millions and millions of dollars to build up the entire infrastructure with shows, attractions, food and beverage options, and even a close by "value" hotel and they are closing it down at 10PM? Sorry I just don't get it.

If people prove to them they'll stay at the parks that late, then we'll see that.

As of now, people don't stay at Universal past 6-7PM. The parks are empty at night.

Orlando Informer snapped this pic today.

BlMhGQ6IMAAwhAk.jpg

The window previously:
5203555828_5c84f63577_z.jpg
Awesome! I'm sure most of the interior decor of the facade will find a new home very promptly.

If people prove to them they'll stay at the parks that late, then we'll see that.

As of now, people don't stay at Universal past 6-7PM. The parks are empty at night.

The parks close around 7-8PM most of the year, and the general public knows that. If you change that culture, over time people will plan to stay longer.

The parks close around 7-8PM most of the year, and the general public knows that. If you change that culture, over time people will plan to stay longer.

And no one is there the 2 hours before closing time. IoA is empty by 4-5 PM even with Potter. Why are they going to stay open later than that when no one's there?

I'd love for them to stay open later. But if there's no guests there, there's no reason for them to.

I can't help but worry that once these windows receive their interactive elements, it will be downright impossible to approach them just to simply look inside and enjoy the details - Even so, I'm excited that Puddifoots is getting some kind of representation, and I'm also excited of the possibility of this as another attraction to enjoy in Hogsmeade.

Status
Not open for further replies.