Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the fact that half the time is inside the mine, and the other half is short coaster parts makes the ride seem shorter then it really is. I think there could have been one more indoor show scene to make the ride just the right. Oh well.
I agree the show scene in this is phenomenal and probably the best dark ride scene I've ever seen (try saying that 5 times fast) I feel like there is room for more stuff though. I feel like they could add some animatronic critters in the rollercoaster section like thunder mountain to add some more character to it and possibly another witch, a artists work is never complete just abandoned

I think it's difficult to capture on camera, theres things I noticed on the newly refurbed Big Thunder that I didn't see on any videos before hand. Until we can all get in there there has to be a partial reservation in judgement.

Officially opens May 28th!!!!

I am going to assume softs will start in the next week or two based on this. Since media got to ride it, it is more ready than some said it was before the media event. If I had to guess, softs will start sooner rather than later, like next Monday.

I am going to assume softs will start in the next week or two based on this. Since media got to ride it, it is more ready than some said it was before the media event. If I had to guess, softs will start sooner rather than later, like next Monday.

No, rather, it's just as ready as it was before the media event. Disney can tell the media to hold on to the lap bar and they'll listen. Guests won't. They were given stern instructions not to raise their arms on the ride.

So, until we see them removing rock work, patching it up, and repainting, I wouldn't expect a soft opening. There's a reason why it's grand opening May 28. I would advise everyone not to assume anything until you see someone ride with their arms up.

No, rather, it's just as ready as it was before the media event. Disney can tell the media to hold on to the lap bar and they'll listen. Guests won't. They were given stern instructions not to raise their arms on the ride.

So, until we see them removing rock work, patching it up, and repainting, I wouldn't expect a soft opening. There's a reason why it's grand opening May 28. I would advise everyone not to assume anything until you see someone ride with their arms up.

I'm really happy they are doing this, last time I was on space mountain I raised my arms in the tunnel and almost chipped a fingernail by touching the roof of it. Safety first

Lol that is toooo funny.

It is very ridiculous they didn't check height and arm extensions, I'm 6'4" and I love to put my arms up on coasters, I guess I won't be on this one :lol:

And as beautiful as the ride is, I really did have to squint to look into the window of the cottage. It does seem this ride would be MUCH better at night instead of the day.

yeah there is. People on the WDW boards were able to get FP reservations. I would imagine that every disney geek with an internet connection is currently trying to book fast pass times.

It's funny you mention the arms being raised, there was one video I saw where all the media people were busy filming the POV, and one woman was screaming and rasing her hands, you know,,, actually having fun.

I found it... taken this past tuesday:

03-sdmt-clearance-rig-500x281.jpg