Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Closed Due To Rain

Octobers Fade

DEAD inside
Premium Member
Jul 10, 2010
NoRemorse Cemetery
Closed all day because of the downpour that amounted to six inches in a hour and flooded the streets around the park.

Copied from facebook
The drop from Cheetah Hunt, the tunnel is submerged.

bgtwet_zpsb11f696c.jpg

It was a rough day here in Northeast Tampa. We got about 6 to 8 inches of rain between 8 and 11 a.m. Lots of flash/street flooding all around the park. I found that image of Cheetah Hunt off on Reddit (user 'Slapocalypse' posted it there) and shared it on facebook and twitter earlier. Helps to show why the park decided to close the whole day and cancel the Grad Nite event this evening.

Dang Bill.... I've never seen CH underwater. I hope the ride reopens by tomorrow, and I'm hoping that nothing else was damaged.

It was a rough day here in Northeast Tampa. We got about 6 to 8 inches of rain between 8 and 11 a.m. Lots of flash/street flooding all around the park. I found that image of Cheetah Hunt off on Reddit (user 'Slapocalypse' posted it there) and shared it on facebook and twitter earlier. Helps to show why the park decided to close the whole day and cancel the Grad Nite event this evening.

It had shared so much I just said facebook...

- - - Updated - - -

It had shared so much I just said facebook...

Could they even run the trams? I can imagine under the the street was flooded as well.

Could they even run the trams? I can imagine under the the street was flooded as well.

There was some sand/sediment left behind in the tram tunnel, so it's quite likely there was at least some water under there. But not entirely sure.

Visited today and out on the Serengeti, there are still several areas that have standing water - that aren't supposed to. The elephant habitat still shows the effects of the water, but elsewhere, it's hard to notice how much flooding actually occurred just about a week ago now.