New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to go to Blizzard Beach with us next time your down? :look: :rofl:

LOL.I have to give credit where it is due so I must say that Summit Plummit rocks. There you go I said it, so yes I will hit up Blizzard Beach with you. For one quick blast on SP then back to the resort Bar/Pool for a Mojito or 2 :thumbs:

Last edited:
LOL.I have to give credit where it is due so I must say that Summit Plummit rocks. There you go I said it, so yes I will hit up Blizzard Beach with you. For one quick blast on SP then back to the resort Bar/Pool for a Mojito or 2 :thumbs:

Crush n Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon is awesome also. Honestly I can have a relaxing day at the water parks easily. The key is to ride the big slides early or late in the day then when it gets busy you chill out in the lazy river and wave pool :thumbs:

From the little hints and things you say make me really eager to see what they have in store for this water park :drool:
That is, if we ever get to see what they currently have in store. Teebs did say it's still very early on in the planning, meaning there's still a long time for things to change and budgets to be finalized.

My thought on this, is if Uni is really planning this as a third gate, I don't think it can be just a waterpark. If its a true third gate, that would suggest to me a full priced ticket. I can't see them getting $90+ for a water park, so it would need more.

I like water parks, but the part that kills me is climbing up the stairs holding the tube. Especially when it is a double one and even worse when I have my three year old with me who can't help carry the double tube and then she can't climb to the top so you are carrying her and a tube. Lets just say you get tired out pretty quickly especially those not in the best shape. If Uni can build one with each slide having a system to bring the rafts to the top, I will be a happy camper and I bet you a lot of other parents would be too.

I like water parks, but the part that kills me is climbing up the stairs holding the tube. Especially when it is a double one and even worse when I have my three year old with me who can't help carry the double tube and then she can't climb to the top so you are carrying her and a tube. Lets just say you get tired out pretty quickly especially those not in the best shape. If Uni can build one with each slide having a system to bring the rafts to the top, I will be a happy camper and I bet you a lot of other parents would be too.

If they themed and landscaped cleverly, they could make some kind of slope or to avoid stairs. I dunno, thinking out loud!

I'm not a huge fan of water parks, too many stairs, and I don't like not having all of my stuff on me. I also tend to frequently get snagged by the slide fittings on pretty much every slide, so I don't do many of the big drop slides. My favorite water park would have to be either Typhoon Lagoon or Discovery Cove.

Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool is pretty epic, but I swear the bottom of the pools are made of death sandpaper. I wonder exactly how much blood is in the water.

Aquatica's dolphin plunge is rough on the back, though I usually lift my back up and raise my legs so I can move faster.
Never really got hurt on a slide except some minor bumps.
Wet 'n wild's the bomb can be a tad rough on the private parts and rear end, lol, I did it a 4 times in a row once and my rear end was bruised lol

I'm not a huge fan of water parks, too many stairs, and I don't like not having all of my stuff on me. I also tend to frequently get snagged by the slide fittings on pretty much every slide, so I don't do many of the big drop slides. My favorite water park would have to be either Typhoon Lagoon or Discovery Cove.

Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool is pretty epic, but I swear the bottom of the pools are made of death sandpaper. I wonder exactly how much blood is in the water.
LOL that's happened to me too at typhoon lagoon, it really sucks but that wave is just insanely cool. I went in it thinking it was going to be a normal wave pool but when that tidal wave came at me I was so shocked and scared. One of my favorite park moments

I did a bit of a tumble at the bottom of a slide at Weeki Wachee springs, but I couldn't count that as a major water park.

From the little hints and things you say make me really eager to see what they have in store for this water park :drool:

My reaction and reply was, "What?!?!?!?, for a Water Park?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?". That's all I can say at this point but it was said as an incredulous exclamation of awe.

That is, if we ever get to see what they currently have in store. Teebs did say it's still very early on in the planning, meaning there's still a long time for things to change and budgets to be finalized.

Everyone read this over and over... this is exactly how it continues, or may continue to be for a while.

Man, some of the ideas you guys come up with sound like a real nightmare for lifeguards.

Water parks are already nightmares for lifeguards. You won't believe some of the things people will do at a water park. One time at adventure island somebody freaked out and was yelling at the lifeguards that he dropped his car keys in the wave pool :faint:

Keep an eye out for big information in regards to this park being publicly announced soon.

Waiting very anxiously!

If I was Universal and I'm building a highly themed Waterpark, I think I'd either build conveyors that take tubes up on all slides that need it or have you ride a conveyor up to the top of the slide like many water coasters do...like Wildebeest and Mammoth at Holiday World and Splashin Safari or the Splashblaster at Magic Waters in Rockford.
Doing this would make the park so much easier for a wider audience of people to enjoy. The only slides you'd need stairs for would be body slides, and most body slides are more on the thrilling side anyway, and I'm sure the thrill seekers can handle a good climb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.