Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said that it will normally be used as the start of the queue? It is overflow, and by the time you get 5 feet inside the park you will know that you have come at the busiest time of the year and that you are in for a hellish day of ugly queues.

There are limits to how much a park is going to afford to theme a queue... especially a seldom used queue.

Much agreed, plus, when you have to wait several hours for a ride, it matters little what the queue is like; immersion wanes quickly when there are masses of tourists all around you.

Look, waiting in a long line full of switchbacks in the sun sucks. Waiting in the greenhouse portion of the FJ line sucks too. But Harry Potter fans are more likely to be disappointed (if they are disappointed at all) by being unable to get on the Knight Bus, or the fact that Flourish and Blotts isn't a real store, or that Ollivander's has some bizarre interior line before you actually get into Ollivander's, or that Madam Puddifoot's isn't a real place, or that you can exchange real money for wizard money but then can't do anything with the wizard money. Lines at a theme park suck, but they're not surprising or disappointing.

Somehow, I don't think a topic-dedicated forum is the best place to start the "who cares less" olympics. Not when we spend every day of the year discussing (or, okay, reading discussions) our favorite place this side of Narnia. You don't have to like or love or hate the queue, but it's a discussion to be had and apathy is not a good look on anyone.

My two cents: as long as I get to ride Escape from Gringotts, I'll deal with a few switchbacks. That doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to hold Universal to Universal's standards.

Reactions: Felipe
Somehow, I don't think a topic-dedicated forum is the best place to start the "who cares less" olympics. Not when we spend every day of the year discussing (or, okay, reading discussions) our favorite place this side of Narnia. You don't have to like or love or hate the queue, but it's a discussion to be had and apathy is not a good look on anyone.

My two cents: as long as I get to ride Escape from Gringotts, I'll deal with a few switchbacks. That doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to hold Universal to Universal's standards.

The thing is they are not talking about the actual queue, which is highly themed, it is the extended queue where you wait to enter the actual queue.

J.K. was on site yesterday approving wardrobe and I believe she rode Gringotts and the train? (Not sure about the last part) We're almost there my friends.

If you are going to complain about an OVERFLOW queue when they went through the work of installing NINE ANIMATRONICS INSIDE A REALISTIC MARBLE HALLWAY WITH A GIANT CHANDELIER AND A DRAGON ON TOP OF THE BUILDING you should be required to post a cost effective solution.

Reactions: natespf
J.K. was on site yesterday approving wardrobe and I believe she rode Gringotts and the train? (Not sure about the last part) We're almost there my friends.

Wardrobe has been approved for awhile now, or it wouldn't be currently in use. Plus I don't believe gringotts is ready for ppl to ride. Plus I know she has money, but why would she waste her time and be on site when things are not ready to be properly shown to her?

I'm sure reps from WB are there keeping close eye on things for her.

If you are going to complain about an OVERFLOW queue when they went through the work of installing NINE ANIMATRONICS INSIDE A REALISTIC MARBLE HALLWAY WITH A GIANT CHANDELIER AND A DRAGON ON TOP OF THE BUILDING you should be required to post a cost effective solution.

Walls behind the trees to block the view of backstage and parking lot areas, large umbrellas or canvas to block sun and unthemed show building, small brickwork look to show building near the bottom to blend everything in better.

You can exchange muggle money for wizard money and use wizard money anywhere on property

Is that true? Last I heard the rumor was you could exchange but not use it anywhere. Aren't there complicated (and possibly legal) issues about currency exchange and distribution?

Walls behind the trees to block the view of backstage and parking lot areas, large umbrellas or canvas to block sun and unthemed show building, small brickwork look to show building near the bottom to blend everything in better.

The backlot is going to be blocked. And there were people who complained about going from castle interior to the Green House line in FJ, so why would a huge unthemed canvas do any better? And brickwork on Gringotts? Not really blending.

The backlot is going to be blocked. And there were people who complained about going from castle interior to the Green House line in FJ, so why would a huge unthemed canvas do any better? And brickwork on Gringotts? Not really blending.

What I've seen and heard is that the backstage areas won't fully be blocked, hopefully I am wrong. The canvas is an idea that I just pulled out semi-hung over and tired. The idea simply is to provide cover for guests waiting and appear to still keep you in the set 'location' of the area and attractions.

You're putting up a straw man argument here, the only issues I have are with queue sections that take you out of the location, period. It's not about millions of dollars of rock work or anything else.

Here is a zoom of a picture from pixelsattheparks.com

extended_queue.jpg

By the way, if you want to zoom in on photos from pixelsattheparks - this was the link for the picture above, you can just change the number of the .jpg at the end of the url.

http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/DiagonAlley-036.jpg

guys seriously i just caught up on 10 pages of extended queue?!?!?! do we not remember transformers? opened not to long ago???? remember last thing they did? build an overhang over the EXTENDED queue!!! Enough said of this topic! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.