Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, look closer - the beam is above the entrance sign on the original building, where the windows are on the USF version. I'm saying the beam above the sign is probably the inspiration for the one over the diagon entrance right next to the sign, and in addition these kind of beams are used over the entrances of many Underground stations, not just Leicester Square.

Edit - It looks slightly clearer here.

beamwindow_zpsfe864cd1.jpg

That metal block is incredibly authentic to a lot of London tube stations (minus some rust) - Whilst it may not be present in that way on Leicester Square station itself, it fits well with the overall style they're going for.

The only thing bugging me is the fountain, it's considerably more 'fountainey' than the original in the way it has large comet nozzle jets in the top section.

Last edited:
The only thing bugging me in the fountain, it's considerably more 'fountainey' than the original in the way it has large comet nozzle jets in the top section.

It's done that way for exaggeration and overall effect. Same reason full columns replaced the flat pilasters on the Wyndham facade. Much more dramatic.

The only thing bugging me is the fountain, it's considerably more 'fountainey' than the original in the way it has large comet nozzle jets in the top section.

I was begging for more fountainy... The one in Picadilly is pathetic... probably a power and water saving measure for the city of London. Paris and Versailles have the same pissy water policy.

Regarding the steel beam... having it present on the facade is tantamount to having the water pump sitting on the pavement next to the fountain.

Conceited much???

@nikkicalderone

-gringotts is a hot mess, just sitting here in costume doing nothing.

-but dang im one hot bank guard

Let the panic being in 3.....2.....1....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.