Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:jaw:

From www.instagram.com/matthew_james21:

10413975_463317917138400_245989916_n.jpg

All previous doubts over how the dragon might look are obliterated. Just awesome inside, and with flames is amazing!

So wait, is that a picture of regular people in the area? If so, color me very excited! :happy:

No. This is the big big giant over-the-top big Comcast party night at Diagon... this is hyper private. Big stars of film, news, and primo's of business and the lower VPs and giga movie execs.

Ooh... just noticed the solution to the staircase to nowhere... there appears to be some sort of sales wagon parked in front of it.

Last edited:
No. This is the big big giant over-the-top big Comcast party night at Diagon... this is hyper private. Big stars of film, news, and primo's of business and the lower VPs and giga movie execs.

Ooh... just noticed the solution to the staircase to nowhere... there appears to be some sort of sales wagon parked in front of it.

Ahh, got carried away, didn't really think about it. Thanks for clarifying, I'm very giddy about going this weekend so any new activity is gonna make me freak out... Still awesome - loving the look of the street, and the dragon is awesome - and the wagon is a perfect solution to the staircase problem :thumbs:

Okay. What even. I can't believe this is happening already. Didn't they break ground on Phase I, like, a month ago?

Those pictures gave me chills. I can't even think about what tomorrow night's event will be like.

Speaking of: I'm kind of bummed we won't have to stream it ourselves this time around. The livestream chat from the Phase I event was one of my favorite memories from that era.

I might have an overly active imagination and I have no idea what any top UNI employees look like...

I imagine you are correct about the on goings in the background, but up front I see a guy with a clipboard who looks like a state inspector, maybe a foreman of the site, maybe a WB rep...who has just finished writing up an issues list...he is followed by two folks who seem defeated...a look on their faces of "will we ever get this thing done and open?"

I'm just kidding and just saying where my mind went based on what I imagine in the body language of the first three folks that came into focus for me.

I might have an overly active imagination and I have no idea what any top UNI employees look like...

I imagine you are correct about the on goings in the background, but up front I see a guy with a clipboard who looks like a state inspector, maybe a foreman of the site, maybe a WB rep...who has just finished writing up an issues list...he is followed by two folks who seem defeated...a look on their faces of "will we ever get this thing done and open?"

I'm just kidding and just saying where my mind went based on what I imagine in the body language of the first three folks that came into focus for me.

I didn't get into the specifics... but yeah... but those were people making sure that everything was ready to go. I would assume lead operations with a few asst "show" producers mixed in. Worker bees.

London Merch

10401741_753198471398144_740298971_n.jpg

From instagram- @kyzman

Are people going to buy that GB, London, England stuff? I dunno, seems iffy, just like selling USA stuff in Europe would be iffy.

Last edited:
Are people going to buy that GB, London, England stuff? I dunno, seems iffy, just like selling USA stuff in Europe would be iffy.

My guess is that they'll sell a fair amount of stuff, but nothing insane, and at a lower volume than they would like. I would put money on that kind of stuff being the only merch JKR would allow them to sell there. :lol:

I didn't get into the specifics... but yeah... but those were people making sure that everything was ready to go. I would assume lead operations with a few asst "show" producers mixed in. Worker bees.

I have quite a few female fashionista friends who eat that Union Jack stuff up.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Eyelops Owl Imporium not there? I don't see any hanging cages. 0_____o

Of course people are gonna buy that London merch. Americans have this fascination with London, England. The One direction boy band, the Beatles, Peter Pan, lol. Don't you see that all major news stations have one person with that English accent.

I don't see why not. They already have a store devoted to Ireland merchandise in the New York section. And the GB and other country merch seems to sell pretty well at Epcot. It's good for people who may not be able to travel to the real destinations.

Plus, I think Harry Potter created an entire generation of Anglophiles. :lol:

I honestly don't understand why you would buy a "I'm in London!" Tshirt at a theme park. Epcot is a little different as the idea is that you're visiting all of these different counties. People really do buy dumb and tacky stuff.

Also I'm really curious about the Wands now. Will they work after a day or two of use? It seems like they would, but who knows. I'm sure it would be Easy to program limits on them.

I guess we will find out

I don't see why not. They already have a store devoted to Ireland merchandise in the New York section. And the GB and other country merch seems to sell pretty well at Epcot. It's good for people who may not be able to travel to the real destinations.

I think Americans of the New England states view Ireland a bit differently. Ireland is still charming if we put our blinders on. Lesser Britain is kinda something... else... but I digress.

My plans for interactive wands is to follow a few few spoiled tweens to the spell casting areas and watch what happens. Only me and BF in October this year so don't want to buy one and don't want to rent a child. If they're really cool, maybe next time when I bring the grandsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.