Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Giggles & Gore Inc.

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL

ip_Giggles.png

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Giggles & Gore Inc." discussion goes here.

Welcome to my most anticipated!!! I love clowns to death and this should definitely deliver. What a neat concept with tons of potential. As someone who knows a clown touring the USA right now in Barnum and Baileys legends, this gets me all types of pumped. Hopefully they don't riddle the house with tons of bathroom humor, I expect clean and clever comedy. What else to say than bring it on

As long as this has a little bit of the air of HR Bloodengutz I'll be happy, along with a Jack spotting, this will definitely bee the "fun" house and if you have a fear of clowns this will be hell for you.

Welcome to my most anticipated!!! I love clowns to death and this should definitely deliver. What a neat concept with tons of potential. As someone who knows a clown touring the USA right now in Barnum and Baileys legends, this gets me all types of pumped. Hopefully they don't riddle the house with tons of bathroom humor, I expect clean and clever comedy. What else to say than bring it on

I expect very little comedy given the description they provided:

So, we asked ourselves, where do evil clowns come from? And we discovered evil clowns are not born, they’re made. It’s an actual process. We all know that there are countless unsolved disappearances across the country. Where do these people end up? In the clown factory, being stretched, smashed and eviscerated.

Faces are peeled off and voice boxes are torn out. Victims are dropped into a wood chipper, and the gunk that comes out is shoved into other people to create these massive, nasty stuffed clowns.

Toward the end, you encounter the most evil of all evil clowns: The Discarded. These are the surviving clowns that have been cast down for being too dangerous to exist, even with other evil clowns.

And it sounds like they might have the Jack cameo at the end of the house.

sounds rough, the concept art looks like a darker version of the acme warehouse. Hopefully it's lighthearted enough like RE. Miss comedy houses

sounds rough, the concept art looks like a darker version of the acme warehouse. Hopefully it's lighthearted enough like RE. Miss comedy houses

I see FDTD as the comedy house myself, but maybe I am alone in that.
It is funny to me that they stress the doll house as being the house of juxtaposition when this sounds as much like a case as that one does.

I see FDTD as the comedy house myself, but maybe I am alone in that.
It is funny to me that they stress the doll house as being the house of juxtaposition when this sounds as much like a case as that one does.

Yeah FDTD can be really funny if they want it to be (d**k gun). That's also a great observation, totally true

It has been mentioned elsewhere that this is going to be the shortest house in HHN history at only seven rooms. Given that Havoc had nine and felt like it was over in a heartbeat, I hope these rooms are much more spacious and detailed to make the house feel larger.

Also, it is sort of sad that we have both the longest and shortest house in HHN history the same year. It makes one feel like they just sacrificed the one house to the other.

wow that decreases my anticipation significantly. I'm sure it'll be a fun little house (possibly for beginners) but hopefully a house this short doesn't become a "thing" in the future

It has been mentioned elsewhere that this is going to be the shortest house in HHN history at only seven rooms. Given that Havoc had nine and felt like it was over in a heartbeat, I hope these rooms are much more spacious and detailed to make the house feel larger.

Also, it is sort of sad that we have both the longest and shortest house in HHN history the same year. It makes one feel like they just sacrificed the one house to the other.

If I had to guess, and I am guessing, I'd say the house suffered more from Ops not knowing how well the Hogwarts Express would fare capacity wise. A lot of Disaster's overflow queue was used for Hogwarts Express overflow queue.

If I had to guess, and I am guessing, I'd say the house suffered more from Ops not knowing how well the Hogwarts Express would fare capacity wise. A lot of Disaster's overflow queue was used for Hogwarts Express overflow queue.

Ah, fair enough. It still seems odd given that they knew they were going to keep DA closed during the event, but I get the mentality behind the decision.

I am hoping this means the house will extend out into the street with an unofficial clown scarezone (clowns with chainsaws, please!).

Ah, fair enough. It still seems odd given that they knew they were going to keep DA closed during the event, but I get the mentality behind the decision.

Well, it has nothing to do with what was going on during HHN. It had to do with them not having the area to build on due to it being designated as an overflow queue for the ride during the summer, if my guess is correct.

Still, they could have had a contingency plan in place if that space became available.

Ooooh... there have been horrid cuts, but this house wasn't one of the ones mentioned to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if TWD wasn't one of the reasons for the cutbacks, but I haven't yet been told this.

Last edited:

Did the zig zag through the brush at the end count as a room?

Ooooh... there have been horrid cuts, but this house wasn't one of the ones mentioned to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if TWD wasn't one of the reasons for the cutbacks, but I haven't yet been told this.

what other cuts were made? just made me really curious

Ok. So I'm the guy proposing to my gf opening weekend of HHN. (gonna do it in Diagon alley) The best part is, she hates clowns. Unknown stipulation is that she HAS to go through the clown house later that night. Best case scenario, "I hate clowns, I'm not gonna do it." I say, "Til death do us part, clowns are included..." She can't say no. :happy:

Ok. So I'm the guy proposing to my gf opening weekend of HHN. (gonna do it in Diagon alley) The best part is, she hates clowns. Unknown stipulation is that she HAS to go through the clown house later that night. Best case scenario, "I hate clowns, I'm not gonna do it." I say, "Til death do us part, clowns are included..." She can't say no. :happy:
Hell yeah man that's adorable, good luck to you!!! Maybe next year you can have your wedding in one of the houses like 2010 :thumbs: also get this filmed!!!!