Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: Dollhouse of the Damned

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL

ip_Dollhouse.png

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "Dollhouse of the Damned" discussion goes here.

Creepy is all I can say, this has so much potential it's unbelievable. By the looks of it they are going for a very grimy and dirty look instead of a trippy, colorful whirl most haunts go for with this theme COUGH nightshade COUGH!!! I'm really looking forward to this one especially for the costumes. One of my most anticipated

Given the presence of a young girl, a morgue, and dolls; it sounds like the original backstory they planned for Cindy.

I'm ridiculously excited for this one. Maybe all of the original houses will be amazing and make up for the craphole that I expect Dracula Untold to be.

This could be either really, really good (the description of the mortuary sounded amazing) if they keep it coherent with a clear sense of place and/or narrative. If this just becomes a bunch of haphazard rooms with doll juxtapositions it's gonna flop hard.

That said... mortuary's scare the crap out of me (thanks Howl-O-Scream), so this is still my most anticipated.

This could be either really, really good (the description of the mortuary sounded amazing) if they keep it coherent with a clear sense of place and/or narrative. If this just becomes a bunch of haphazard rooms with doll juxtapositions it's gonna flop hard.

That said... mortuary's scare the crap out of me (thanks Howl-O-Scream), so this is still my most anticipated.

Great house..one of my favorite HOS haunts next to Escape From Insanity (of course)...This house has me really excited for some reason...Uni has always been good at dialing up the creep factor with these kinds of houses (see Dead Silence)

Out of the original houses this one is my most anticipated. Its something about dolls that has always given me the creeps, and having you go into an old time morgue that a little girl has made into her "playhouse" just makes me think we may see Cindy and Albert Caine. It may be a long shot but I think It'd be awesome to see.

Out of the original houses this one is my most anticipated. Its something about dolls that has always given me the creeps, and having you go into an old time morgue that a little girl has made into her "playhouse" just makes me think we may see Cindy and Albert Caine. It may be a long shot but I think It'd be awesome to see.

That's an interesting observation, and hopefully more than wishful thinking. It sounds like each of the houses, especially the originals, could tie to the icons in some way. This could possibly be another hint at ushering the icons back for 25. I still really don't understand why Caretaker or Jack were hidden out of sight in CitW, or why Jack was the focal point of the collectors merchandise last year.

Clowns -> Jack obviously
Dollhouse -> Cindy and Caretaker
Roanoke -> Storyteller
Any IP House -> Director

That's an interesting observation, and hopefully more than wishful thinking. It sounds like each of the houses, especially the originals, could tie to the icons in some way. This could possibly be another hint at ushering the icons back for 25. I still really don't understand why Caretaker or Jack were hidden out of sight in CitW, or why Jack was the focal point of the collectors merchandise last year.

Clowns -> Jack obviously
Roanoke -> Storyteller
Any IP House -> Director
Interesting theory, I guess we will see

Clowns -> Jack obviously
Roanoke -> Storyteller
Any IP House -> Director

I would be oh so happy if these things actually happened and I know it would please a lot of people, and its not like it cant happen. Its totally possible. I think there are going to be some secrets within this years event that could lead to the events of next year, but we will just have to see.

Has anyone else seen facade pics for this house? It looks suitably creepy.

Edit: Reminds me of the dollhouse stage in Alice: Madness Returns. If they get similar music to that, it would set the perfect mood.

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen facade pics for this house? It looks suitably creepy.

Edit: Reminds me of the dollhouse stage in Alice: Madness Returns. If they get similar music to that, it would set the perfect mood.

Damn if it's anything like that stage talk about house of the year!!! I'd love to see any facade pics if anybody has them. Super excited (yet kinda nervous) for this one

It looks like the scary tales 3 facade on steroids. Tent houses really have had a giant step these past few years because that looks incredible

I don't really see any similarities except for maybe the window, but that would make for a cool facade!

The color scheme, the dilapidated look, and the eyes. Here are a few more examples:

625px-Alice_Madness_Returns_walkthrough_Part_49_chapter_5_xbox_360_Gameplay.jpg

alice__the_dollhouse_1_by_darkatlas1990-d4iazmh.jpg

Also, I am hoping for something similar to this for the music:

[video=youtube;ydL4TrO-51A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydL4TrO-51A[/video]