Mardi Gras 2015 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Concert series announced...

Feb 7- Olivia Newton John
Feb 14 Jessie J
Feb 15 Barenaked Ladies
Feb 21- Kelly Clarkson
Feb 28- Heart
March 7- Trace Adkins
March 13- TBA
March 14- Styx
March 15- American Authors
March 20- Becky G
March 21- Yandel
March 22- B 52'S
March 28- TBA
April 4- All American Rejects
April 11-The Band Perry
April 18- Trey Songz

FINALLY. They got some decent people.. I'd check out Kelly and Jessie for sure if I was there.

Good lineup!

Shame I don't arrive till 28th April and the series is shorter this year :saw:

I'm sorry to say, I think the line up is awful. I know music to each its own but a little variety in the acts would be nice. I remember when Mardi Gras had at least 3-4 bands. I was planning to see. Now my only hope is for TBA. Any way who are you excited to see?

I'm sorry to say, I think the line up is awful. I know music to each its own but a little variety in the acts would be nice. I remember when Mardi Gras had at least 3-4 bands. I was planning to see. Now my only hope is for TBA. Any way who are you excited to see?

I mean, you may not like the lineup, but to say variety is the problem makes no sense. There's a pretty broad range of acts here.

I'm pretty happy with what they have for the line-up so far. Some pretty big names, some new comers, all around a nice schedule. Put Deadmaus in on that Mar 28 TBD and we're all good.

Barenaked Ladies always puts on a great show, B-52s were fun. I can definitely see myself being there for at least 5 shows.

Yeah I have to agree with ZC here, this lineup sucks. Heart and Styx are my only real reasons to go and even then I don't think I will thanks to work. Whatever though I never had high hopes anyways, mardi gras never had great line ups anyways. It'll be fun I'm sure, will probably skip this year though

With the shortening of Mardi Gras this year will they bring back the summer concert series or have they scrapped those all together because of the amount of guest potter brings in?

One Latin artist and one black R&B artist isn't variety. That's just my thought though. I'll give them credit on grabbing the younger crowd and the country crowd but that's it. Technically it's not free. It was just my opinion on the line up. If I lived local. I wouldn't care as much. I'd go, grab a drink and have some fun. Though I'm glad at least most of you. Are finding a concert to go to. Most say SS is coming back. Potter brings the numbers in the summer. So I believe no need for it.

Last edited:
Ehh. The lack of rock acts is a shame.

What does "rock" even mean anymore? In addition to Heart and Styx--both classic rock icons--you have AAR, about the clpsest thing to mainstream rock in the 00s, and the B-52s and BNL--both of which had crossover success with pop-tinged songs but I think would self-identify more with the "rock" label.

These all have to be Hard Rock/HoB level bands. Not so big they play stadiums, but not so small they can only headline The Social, either. I don't know many rock bands of the past decade that fit that bill. Part of living in a pop-centered world. Plus Universal is always going to go for the happier, pop sound because they want this to be a party.