Future Annual Pass Benefits? | Inside Universal Forums

Future Annual Pass Benefits?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 25, 2010
Florida
While I love the benefits that come with being an AP holder at Universal, such as the free parking and discount on food/merchandise, there are more smaller perks that can be added.

One idea is an AP only line for entrance into the park. I think this is something that could cut down on the wait for AP holders, especially as many tourists spend ages trying to figure out which finger to use on the scanners.

Another idea is a loyalty program, which tracks how many years you have been an AP holder or how many days a year you go to the park. You can then get benefits depending on that info (such as express for a day, further discount on the onsite hotels, etc).

What are your ideas?

Express entrance would be really nice, we all know the routine just let us in. Another nice one would be express security entrance during HHN.

How about an after hours special event Like showing Jurassic Park in Toon Lagoon theater then taking everyone for Exclusive ride time on JPRA.or any other Movie IP ...I doubt they would get approval for Hulk or Spiderman from Marvel/Disney.But the rest of them might be allowed.

Like the idea of an AP entrance line at IOA .Since i normally use Hard Rock entrance at the studio's that is almost an AP entrance.

You all have some great ideas!

How about randomly each month. They offer free express one day for each ap holder.

After a year or two on the loyalty program. You get to do a free V.I.P. Tour.

I would say to do a extra hour for ap. That's just one big nightmare.

What I'd like is for my annual pass to include a Water Park Option. Even if it is Wet N Wild for now and Valcano Bay Later.
I would also like my annual pass not to be a piece of paper.
I'd also like Annual Pass to have my photo and recognition that I'm over 21 so I don't have to keep my ID everytime I want to drink some Alcohol.
I wouldn't mind my annual pass coming with a design other than (Universal Orlando Resort). it looks like a regular park ticket.
An Annual Pass APP so I can keep up to date with discounts while I'm at the park and ETC.

What I'd like is for my annual pass to include a Water Park Option. Even if it is Wet N Wild for now and Valcano Bay Later.
I would also like my annual pass not to be a piece of paper.
I'd also like Annual Pass to have my photo and recognition that I'm over 21 so I don't have to keep my ID everytime I want to drink some Alcohol.
I wouldn't mind my annual pass coming with a design other than (Universal Orlando Resort). it looks like a regular park ticket.
An Annual Pass APP so I can keep up to date with discounts while I'm at the park and ETC.

Don't count on ever getting to use your AP as an id for alcohol. Not 100% if it's the same in Florida but ID's used for alcohol or tobacco sales have to be government issued and not expired. I work in the grocery industry and our certification for alcohol sales specify only state drivers license, state id, military id, passport, or alien id are acceptable. I believe that is a federal regulation.

Reactions: keeper
We used to have an AP entrance at both parks. It was the gate all the way to the left.

I think a loyalty program would be cool. I've been an AP holder for 12 or 13 years now straight, and have stayed on-site a bunch of times. I was Platinum with Loews for a bit but then they changed the requirements so I'm only Gold now.

How about an after hours special event Like showing Jurassic Park in Toon Lagoon theater then taking everyone for Exclusive ride time on JPRA.or any other Movie IP ...I doubt they would get approval for Hulk or Spiderman from Marvel/Disney.But the rest of them might be allowed.

Like the idea of an AP entrance line at IOA .Since i normally use Hard Rock entrance at the studio's that is almost an AP entrance.

Sign me up for an after hours AP event anytime

Not many people know about the side entrance at uni. I always use it and there is never anyone there. I love it. I wish they had something like that at islands. The loyalty program sound great. Being a passholder and going for me atleast two or three times a month that would be awesome for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Some actually really solid, achievable ideas. Great thread discussion!

This would be a great topic I would love to hear talked about on the podcast. :smiley:

Plastic AP passes would be insanely nice to have again, these new paper ones are pretty garbage. I've only had my latest reprint for maybe a year and a half and almost every time I go to the park they tell me I can get a replacement for free. The wax one that I had before that lasted for at least 4 years and met the washing machine more than a few times. It is a little faded but in better shape than my new one.

Don't count on ever getting to use your AP as an id for alcohol. Not 100% if it's the same in Florida but ID's used for alcohol or tobacco sales have to be government issued and not expired. I work in the grocery industry and our certification for alcohol sales specify only state drivers license, state id, military id, passport, or alien id are acceptable. I believe that is a federal regulation.
I always forget about that. I remember the classes and everything about that. Slipped my mind. I still think the photo on the Annual Pass is a good idea for other things though.

Ralphoutloud: I agree, AP holders should get a dedicated line for HHN entrance and security screening.

I actually think some type of reward system for APs would be great! Maybe you get a certain number of points for visiting and you can cash them in for a free night at one of the hotels, a VIP tour, HHN ticket/pass, etc.

I also think some extended hours that AP holders can only attend would also be great. Especially in the months when the parks close earlier than usual.

I agree, if you're staying at one of the on-site hotels and you're an annual pass holder you should get free/discounted parking. I don't think that totally free parking will ever happen though because of the fact that the on-site hotels parking is handled by a third-party that they have to pay.

Lastly, Universal if you're reading this: WE ALL WANT PLASTIC AP CARDS!

King's Island had a rewards system for Season pass holders a couple years ago. Based on how much you spent, you could get free drinks, free food items, fast passes and stuff like that. They only did it for one year and discontinued it, so they must not have seen enough benefit from it.

While I love the benefits that come with being an AP holder at Universal, such as the free parking and discount on food/merchandise, there are more smaller perks that can be added.

One idea is an AP only line for entrance into the park. I think this is something that could cut down on the wait for AP holders, especially as many tourists spend ages trying to figure out which finger to use on the scanners.

Another idea is a loyalty program, which tracks how many years you have been an AP holder or how many days a year you go to the park. You can then get benefits depending on that info (such as express for a day, further discount on the onsite hotels, etc).

What are your ideas?

It's funny. I was standing in line to get into IOA and was thinking the same thing!

I wish there was a way on the Uni App to track how much money you've saved using your AP. It could be good business for Uni to throw in your face that "hey you saved 10,000 this year because you entered the park 100 times and saved XXX.XX on discounts for food and merch." Heck, if i know I only paid 400 for my premiere pass and I saved thousands all year, I'll be happy to renew without question.

Last edited:
It's funny. I was standing in line to get into IOA and was thinking the same thing!

I wish there was a way on the Uni App to track how much money you've saved using your AP. It could be good business for Uni to throw in your face that "hey you saved 10,000 this year because you entered the park 100 times and saved XXX.XX on discounts for food and merch." Heck, if i know I only paid 400 for my premiere pass and I saved thousands all year, I'll be happy to renew without question.

The problem with that is the people who say " wow I spent that much in/on Universal "
Plus the whole Big Brother aspect of them tracking every purchase you make
Knowing they do is Different than giving you a print out showing they do.
Plus if you have access to that list so can someone else (significant other )
Showing you buying someone else drinks /gifts Ect.