T2:3D Show Footage | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D Show Footage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
i just realized what would make me upgrade to a 3D tv.

if the T2:3D show was released on blu ray like the Back to the Future ride footage was.

it would be amazing to have as part of a blu ray bundle with all the terminator movies.

thoughts?

if the T2:3D show was released on blu ray like the Back to the Future ride footage was.

it would be amazing to have as part of a blu ray bundle with all the terminator movies.

thoughts?

The show is far too complex to capture that same way. With the three large custom screens and the fact that most of the show involves actors interacting with the screen it would be rather lackluster on all accounts.

The show is far too complex to capture that same way. With the three large custom screens and the fact that most of the show involves actors interacting with the screen it would be rather lackluster on all accounts.

I agree. It could be done with BTTF since it was just one large IMAX screen and no other real effects. But there are too many components of the T2 show that can't be replicated outside of the show building.

It would be black and back to picture multiple times. Also with that the screen interacts with actors. You should take a look at the show and see just how reliant it is on those elements.

i have the fan made T Hope dvd set of the show and watch it all the time. it can be done. sure youll be missing part of the show but you are missing it with bttf as well. and in both cases its everything off screen.

its all on one screen from when they jump through the time portal until they enter skynet.

also random fact. one of the set production assistants on T2:3D was the screenwriter for Death Race 2

Last edited:

thoughts?

They need alot more offerings before I will even think about stepping up to the plate....

Wait the Ride footage came out with the BTTF Blu Ray?!!?!

Yup! Here it is on Amazon.

...Photo Galleries Including Production Art, Additional Storyboards, Behind-the-Scenes Photographs, Marketing Materials and Character Portraits Music Videos
"The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News
"Doubleback" by ZZ Top
Back to the Future: The Ride
Q&A Commentaries with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale Feature Commentaries with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton

Reactions: JokerMan0925
Is there someone going to Universal Studios Florida anytime soon and having a camera with night vision?

I'd love to have 3 shots in night vision from the Terminator 2 3D show, all focussed on the stage.
1) when the 3D movie starts I'd like to have night vision footage of Kimberley's booth being lowered in the stage
2) when Terminator and John enter Skynet I'd love to have night vision footage of John and Terminator being lifted up with the small lift in the main stage
3) when Sarah and John appear for their hug after SKynet is destroyed, I'd love to have night vision footage of them being lifted with the same small lift.

Is there someone who can help me with getting this footage?

Is there someone going to Universal Studios Florida anytime soon and having a camera with night vision?

I'd love to have 3 shots in night vision from the Terminator 2 3D show, all focussed on the stage.
1) when the 3D movie starts I'd like to have night vision footage of Kimberley's booth being lowered in the stage
2) when Terminator and John enter Skynet I'd love to have night vision footage of John and Terminator being lifted up with the small lift in the main stage
3) when Sarah and John appear for their hug after SKynet is destroyed, I'd love to have night vision footage of them being lifted with the same small lift.

Is there someone who can help me with getting this footage?
Videotaping the show is banned.

If I'm not mistaken, the T2 DVD I have from when it first came out has a behind the scenes of making the ride and the ride movie itself.

The Ultimate Edition has the making of T23D as a bonus. There are workprints of the show online. But it doesn't have the footage I was looking for, therefor my request of 3 shots. It's basically about the hidden lift or the Kimberley booth lowering down.