What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thankful for OU!

Apr 21, 2015
I just wanted to say thank you, for all of the time that gets put into the OU site and I'm a really big fan of the Podcast. I've been a long time 'viewer' on the forums and just join today
Last summer I was unable to fit on any of the rides (over the shoulder restrains) while at Universal. When my wife and I decided to go back this summer I used your site as well as the podcast as motivation while running and working out. So far I've lost 32 lbs and 22 total inches so I hope in about 20 or so days when we drive down from NC I'll be able to fit and really get to enjoy myself.

So I know if might sound cheesy but seriously thank you to Drew, Hate, and Brian and the countless others that post to the site!

Last edited:
That's a beautiful story man, I can speak for all users here when I say we are insanely proud of you and your accomplishment. Keep up the amazing work, I promise you the hard work will definitely pay off

As someone who used to struggle "fitting" onto rides let me first say I know how it feels to be unable to ride. I lost a ton of weight myself starting in Fall 2010 after having problems with the 3 clicks of Forbidden Journey. I went from 300 lbs to 180 lbs in 18 months via sheer determination and support from my wife. I also quite smoking in that same time frame... Also did that cold turkey, no gum, no patch, just pure will power and support from family and friends. I know all too well what your going through and know first hand the rewarding feeling of having to punch new holes in your belts and having to buy all new clothes cause the others look like tents. It's pure bliss that many people will never achieve nor understand but I do, and I commend you on your outstanding achievement.

Not sure when you plan on being in the parks but if I happen to be there when you are beers on me. A light beer of course :lol:

Again congratulations!!

Sometimes I'll read posts or tweets from certain people that make me feel honored to do what we do and to have an outlet for it. A story like this especially.

Congratulations on your success thus far, and keep at it! Best of luck on your trip, and seriously, thank you for such kind words.

Drew

As someone who used to struggle "fitting" onto rides let me first say I know how it feels to be unable to ride. I lost a ton of weight myself starting in Fall 2010 after having problems with the 3 clicks of Forbidden Journey. I went from 300 lbs to 180 lbs in 18 months via sheer determination and support from my wife. I also quite smoking in that same time frame... Also did that cold turkey, no gum, no patch, just pure will power and support from family and friends. I know all too well what your going through and know first hand the rewarding feeling of having to punch new holes in your belts and having to buy all new clothes cause the others look like tents. It's pure bliss that many people will never achieve nor understand but I do, and I commend you on your outstanding achievement.

Not sure when you plan on being in the parks but if I happen to be there when you are beers on me. A light beer of course :lol:

Again congratulations!!

I never knew this about you. Talk about finding a distraction! Yikes! :) Belated congrats... you look great.

I just wanted to say thank you, for all of the time that gets put into the OU site and I'm a really big fan of the Podcast. I've been a long time 'viewer' on the forums and just join today
Last summer I was unable to fit on any of the rides (over the shoulder restrains) while at Universal. When my wife and I decided to go back this summer I used your site as well as the podcast as motivation while running and working out. So far I've lost 32 lbs and 22 total inches so I hope in about 20 or so days when we drive down from NC I'll be able to fit and really get to enjoy myself.

So I know if might sound cheesy but seriously thank you to Drew, Hate, and Brian

The best thing is motivation. Meeting characters during a marathon or getting on FJ, it's good to have a goal or mission. I lost 50 lbs from 190 to 140 (and then around 135 when running a ton and at like 7% body fat) while in college, it's hard and I get it.

Congrats on the weight loss and remember: it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change.

Welcome to OU and congrats on the weight loss! :cheers: I have struggled with that myself. I'm actually the process of losing weight now after I gained back the pounds I had previously lost... It's definitely not easy, so kudos on your achievement! Keep it up and see you around the forums! :thumbs:

I don't post all that often anymore (mainly because I don't really know what I can add to the discussion), but I'm on the forums a good deal. I've been a member since '09, and I honestly don't know what I would do without this site. This is where I go to keep updated on all things Universal and Disney, and I love the discussions that occur here. Everyone involved with the creation of this site should be very proud. Thanks to Briman, HateToFly, Drew, Teebin, and everyone else who contributes info, pics and what-not to the site. On another note, loving the new look of the forums....very snazzy :thumbs:

To HatetoFly:Thank you for the words of incougagememt! Congratulations to you as well! We will be in the parks May 18-19 hopefully we will get a chance to run into you!

Thank you to everyone that has posted to the thread! I'll make sure to update during our trip!

Last edited:
Even though this is a hobby to the Staff, and me, I'm glad that someone found this site as a means to work towards their goal. Echoing what Drew said, this is one of those times where I'm truly gracious and honored.

Thanks for sharing your story P-OBX! Hope you enjoy your trip!

Good to see all of you making such monumental efforts to get comfortable physically. Once you get older, you'll appreciate it even more. Good physical health really rewards you in your later years. Congrats to you for your accomplishments.

Congrats to you PoTO and thanks for sharing. I heard your story while listening to the latest podcast.

I smoked cigarettes for 30+ years but finally gave them up, cold turkey like hate, 6 years ago. Was about 255 lbs and now down to the 190's thanks to weekly 5k's and a running hobby start started while doing a 5K at Disney.

Loves me my beer so the running helps in that regard. Keep up the good work and enjoy your trip to Uni!

Well tomorrow we start our journey down to Orlando! In total I've lost 40 lbs and around 26 total inches since Janurary. I will post about our trip when I can, here's to hoping that all of the 'insanity' and running as paid off! Thank you again for all of the kind words!

Well tomorrow we start our journey down to Orlando! In total I've lost 40 lbs and around 26 total inches since Janurary. I will post about our trip when I can, here's to hoping that all of the 'insanity' and running as paid off! Thank you again for all of the kind words!
that's such an amazing feat, seriously enjoy your time because you've earned it

Now comes the championship events of your training. The stroller hurdle, rope drop dash, and the always popular quick juke to avoid the tourist that stopped right in front of you for no %$#QJ%$#@%$#@ reason!!!!!

In seriousness I hope you have a blast!!!