Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney

CityWalk or Downtown Disney?

• CityWalk

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I love both!

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters
It's only a bad crowd after 9+ and I'm not gonna go to CityWalk after then anyways unless it's after HHN, Mardi Gras, or I saw 360. I do agree with you on the crowd and I know everyone hates it but if you go to guest service and A. Complain politely and B. Give them your idea than something might get changed.

I still think Festival Bay has the best movie theater in the whole city. They have those nice, comfy, reclining seats. In general AMC isn't that great. Even though my home town had a old cinema Carmike was so affordable. Matinee was $4.50 and regular was $6.00, the popcorn and drinks combo was like $7 also. I miss that movie theater and although it only had 3 large movie rooms it was great. For a town the size I lived in I'm still shocked it was a Cinema 7.

I haven't seen a movie at Festival Bay since the first Hulk movie came out. From what I remember though, we all fell asleep comfortably so maybe I should try that place again. lol

I haven't seen a movie at Festival Bay since the first Hulk movie came out. From what I remember though, we all fell asleep comfortably so maybe I should try that place again. lol
BWHAHA it's a nice theater. If it wasn't so out of the way I'd go there quite a bit more.

My husband and I love CityWalk. Not only is it closer to where we live, we like the restaurants better, and the $7.25 evening movie price with my pass is a great deal. We rarely see movies anywhere else.

DD seems more touristy, CW feels much more local, and people actually dress up to go clubbing. And no, we don't go in the clubs, we just like to eat there, listen to live music when it's there, sometimes take a boat to one of the hotels, and soak in the atmosphere. I have never really noticed it attracting that bad of a crowd.

My husband and I love CityWalk. Not only is it closer to where we live, we like the restaurants better, and the $7.25 evening movie price with my pass is a great deal. We rarely see movies anywhere else.

DD seems more touristy, CW feels much more local, and people actually dress up to go clubbing. And no, we don't go in the clubs, we just like to eat there, listen to live music when it's there, sometimes take a boat to one of the hotels, and soak in the atmosphere. I have never really noticed it attracting that bad of a crowd.

Well, DTD also attracts a bad crowd, but they stay in PI.

I personally enjoy CityWalk a hell of a lot more than Downtown Disney. Citywalk does feel more local, and is a hub for everything at Universal. I also enjoy their restaurants a lot more than their Disney counterpart.

I would like to compare dining in categories, of course.

1. Quick Dining
DTD takes this one, mostly because Universal's quick places are basically Starbucks and Big Kahuna Pizza.

2. Unique Dining
Universal obviously takes it here. The restaurants at both are gloriously themed, but Universal's appeal to me a lot more. I'm a Bob Marley fan, not Gloria Estefan. :thumbs:

Well, DTD also attracts a bad crowd, but they stay in PI.

2. Unique Dining
Universal obviously takes it here. The restaurants at both are gloriously themed, but Universal's appeal to me a lot more. I'm a Bob Marley fan, not Gloria Estefan. :thumbs:

You know, Bongo's isn't the only restaurant there...

Wolfgang Puck's
Fulton's Crab House
Raglan Road
McDonald's (lol)
Planet Hollywood (Which, IMO, is better than Hard Rock Cafe)

You know, Bongo's isn't the only restaurant there...

Wolfgang Puck's
Fulton's Crab House
Raglan Road
McDonald's (lol)
Planet Hollywood (Which, IMO, is better than Hard Rock Cafe)

And they are obviously going to be adding alot more being PI will be no more.
Oh and I love Bob Marley and not Estefan as much either... but I do love cuban food muuuuch more than Jamaican food though :thumbs:

Since I'm not old enough to go and party at City Walk I like DTD better. I really don't like partying too much anyway.

Haha, same here. I just plain don't like to dance, so I could care less about clubs from either (though I would have liked to check out the Comedy Warehouse or Adventurer's Club). I like the shop selection more at DTD-World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy for its Create a Lightsaber (do they still have that?), LEGO Imagination Center, Art of Disney... the list goes on. I have yet to go to Goofy's Candy Co., I really need to go there next time I'm there. However, on the restaurant side, CityWalk crushes Disney. I LOVE HRC and I have began collecting the classic white T-Shirts with the logo, though I didn't last time I was there. As far as food, all I have to say is that Twisted Mac 'n Cheese is a very good dish, both in Tokyo and Paris. I need to get out more often! :lol: I haven't been to Planet Hollywood yet, though, so I can't say anything about that. NBA City is also nice, and I've always wanted to go to Margaritaville, I went to one elsewhere years ago. Many years ago I went to a different Bubba Gump, so I can't remember that one either. I still find CityWalk to have more dining options that I would like, and I only now mention NASCAR Cafe. I've never seen the menu of Emeril's, depending on what they have I might like to have a nicer meal there. On the side of entertainment, they seem about equal. When I saw BMG in NY, they were excellent, and while I only have word of mouth to go with Cirque, the general opinion is unified on how it is. The only thing Disney has a leg up is DisneyQuest. I find it actually kinda nice to have CityWalk right there in front of the parks in comparison to Disney's seperation. It makes the resort compact, even if Universal only does it out of requirement and Disney does it becuase they have the room to do so. Going by the shops on the way to the parks in the morning makes one want to check them out later on... or at least that's what it seems like to me

Last edited:
Your dreams dont come true

Downtown Disney use to best city walk by far.But Paradise Island has been stripped of it's bars and lounges.Ever since the new Woman that runs disney took over.The whole deal is going to pot..She is turning Disney into la la land.NO smoking.even outside your overpriced room.bars going away.Staff have actually walked up to me in a smoking section with a bench facing a brick wall to tell me that I should not smoke.Two weeks later the bench vanished. I was at Citywalk last weekend and the staff was so rude at Margareta ville that we left..BAD management..Went to Bubba gumps and had a great time..last week we ate at Wolfgang puck a+..Hard rock twice A+..Bubba gump A...and Planet Hollywood B-...Went to see blue man group great show and as always HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS is the best ever..The new choice is citywalk...

Good thing I don't smoke then. :lol:

DTD is still it for me.

Can't stand the ghetto-ness of City Walk at certain times of the day.

I hate smokers. I like city walk because of the clubs but true Ang it does have its ghetto-ness now. Last time I was there, the parking lot was so ghetto and people were hanging out there drinking and just messing around. I would be scared to leave my car anywhere there now.

I have been to City Walk like maybe twice in the past 8 years. I have never had a meal at any of the restaurants so I have no opinion on all that.
But we go to DTD pretty much everytime we go to Orlando, which is a handful of times a year usually.
Even before I had a kid, I just like the feel of it a bit more.
I am not about the party scene or anything so the clubs don't appeal to me and the smoking would drive me insane honestly.