Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal has a tendency to make some sort of announcement after Disney makes one. So, my question is, what are the chances Uni makes an announcement, on say, Monday after D23? Even if it is just more Volcano Bay concept art.

....If they announce something in August, Twister, BeetleJuice and Disaster will be the ones to announce the closure dates...I think Hulks announcement will be after Labor Day weekend.

I could see them finally announcing Fallon and F&F then, along with the Twister/Disaster closing dates and the BJ relocation. Maybe Hulk 2.0 or Forbidden Journey 3D/4K upgrades too.

Universal doesn't need to announce anything they have a great product and as long as they keep doing what they re doing they don't need to worry about the mouse

I wouldn't say they don't need to worry. A rebuilt and attractive Hollywood Studios could be a problem, but that's still 5+ years down the line, and Universal has quite a bit of stuff coming before then.

But yea, as long as they don't get complacent like you said they should be fine.

Can we just has a dark ride?

1405.gif

I wouldn't say they don't need to worry. A rebuilt and attractive Hollywood Studios could be a problem, but that's still 5+ years down the line, and Universal has quite a bit of stuff coming before then.

But yea, as long as they don't get complacent like you said they should be fine.
i just feel like they have a great product and the more people come to DHS to see star wars they ll also swing by and see Universal
but like you said keep doing what you re doing

Can we just has a dark ride?

They're building on in IoA. lol

i just feel like they have a great product and the more people come to DHS to see star wars they ll also swing by and see Universal
but like you said keep doing what you re doing

Right. I actually think Star Wars/DHS hurts a park like EPCOT more than it hurts IoA/USF, but who knows. Stranger things have happened

Star Wars will help UOR like Potter helped WDW. It will bring people to Orlando.
The difference is Disney has the Magical Express from MCO... sure it is just a % of the amount of people, but those people come with no cars to Orlando.

It would really help UOR to have a similar service tbh.

The difference is Disney has the Magical Express from MCO... sure it is just a % of the amount of people, but those people come with no cars to Orlando.

It would really help UOR to have a similar service tbh.
I would guess that once those Wet & Wild hotel properties are built, Universal will institute something similar. They really didn't have the hotel capacity in the past where the numbers would have worked much. I see the day when the partner hotels are pushed into the background.

Doesn't Universal have a shuttle now but costs? I could have sworn I saw someone talking about it on Twitter last week.

Would love to see Universal get a rail station connecting to the airport like mentioned on the podcast. If they ever do I would even consider taking the All Aboard Florida high speed rail from West Palm to MCO and then the rail form MCO to Uni and not worry about having to drive if the cost ins't astronomical