Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Asylum in Wonderland 3D

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Asylum-in-Wonderland-blog.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All “Asylum in Wonderland 3D“ discussion goes here.​

FINALLY this zone gets a house, and with great taste too. As an aspiring comic book artist this is a dream, the poster is great and I'm sure we are gonna get a ton of great costumes, sets and ideas. Alice was made for a trippy 3D haunted house. Gonna work insanely well and easily my most anticipated

As it says in the description on the blog post:
A new volume of Scary Tales has been released by Ultra Violent Comics: “Asylum in Wonderland”

I hope this will some how tie into The In-Between (HHN 21) as they are both comics from that comic publisher.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on where the queue entrance for this house will be situated? The Shrek entrance will clog the Scary Tales sz with AWIL's entrance. Entering by Lucy's makes sense but could cause some traffic issues for guests heading to the Icons sz. Perhaps they loop it back around by Mel's?

Any thoughts on where the queue entrance for this house will be situated? The Shrek entrance will clog the Scary Tales sz with AWIL's entrance. Entering by Lucy's makes sense but could cause some traffic issues for guests heading to the Icons sz. Perhaps they loop it back around by Mel's?

Expect an entrance by The Brown Derby shop, if I had to hazard a guess. There's a large pathway back to the Shrek Extended Queue and the theater being used.

Perhaps they will cut into the BOH area cause I'm not sure the Shrek queue could handle HHN crowds (especially if it's entrance is one of the first spotted by guests.)

That side entrance between the Brown Derby and Lucy's is generally pretty quiet relatively speaking.

So you wear 3D glasses when you go through the house?
It's a really cool concept that's hard to explain. The glasses only make certain colors pop out and other colors go back. So when walking through, certain things will just really stand out while others don't. Actors wear costumes to blend into the scenery, it's all a really trippy experience, makes for a great time

So you wear 3D glasses when you go through the house?

Yes, but they are not the regular kind as in theaters (real 3d), it is called chromavision, a tad more similar to the old fashioned anaglyph, the glasses separate colors ... creates a trippy and disorienting atmosphere. Really cool. Hope the maze starts with the vortex tunnel to set the tone :)

Yes, but they are not the regular kind as in theaters (real 3d), it is called chromavision, a tad more similar to the old fashioned anaglyph, the glasses separate colors ... creates a trippy and disorienting atmosphere. Really cool. Hope the maze starts with the vortex tunnel to set the tone :)
How else will you fall down the rabbit hole? haha

The Alice in Wonderland theme has always been my favorite, just something about it..

I am extremely excited for this house. I love 3D houses (although I have developed vertigo in the last couple years and hope it doesn't mess me up this time around...) and Alice in Wonderland is one of my very favorite things. This may be my most anticipated, to be honest.

Characters aside, the Asylum scarezone in 2008 was essentially just basic large truss grid with lighting effects. The characters were pretty fantastic though, so pretty stoked here to see them get a full set to work with. The Alice scene in Scary Tales that year always comes to mind.