Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe it's around 60K

Right, sounds good. Now add 20K for queue, load unload, maintenance, and exit show. Yeah, maintenance... as we recently saw, that is a really big space in many instances! If I hadn't seen it myself, I would be clueless. Until that, I actually thought maintenance was a dark greasy cramped room in the corner of the building! It all factors in.

What type of attraction is this? Dark ride similar to ROTM, or is it primarily a screen based ride comparable to Transformers? I wasn't impressed with the former, honestly. Sounds exciting, but I'm not a big fan of the movies.

Not gonna get my hopes up on this, but at the same time i'll hope for the best (if that makes sense?).

My only issue is that it's a lot of land to be dedicated to what I fear will be a pretty average ride if it truly is a clone. The ride time will be incredibly short too.

Maybe there will be enough room back there left to put up another sprung tent for HHN though since they'll be losing house space at Disaster.

Reactions: Clive
Sorry guys, I noticed all that was covered. Anywho, what a waste of space if this is accurate! :bang: It seems the new fad is making entire lands devoted to franchises. The others I can understand, but Fast & Furious.. I mean THE Fast and THE Furious, no 2Fast 2Furious -Ugh!:faint:

It's probably best to just assume 3D (especially since Hollywood is 3D) until proven otherwise.

I figured as much. While I'm excited for it it's the first time I'm feeling uneasy about a ride coming to USF, watching the USH version just left me feeling so underwhelmed. I know it was made specifically for the tram but a ride like this doesn't look like it would make for a great standalone attraction.

I figured as much. While I'm excited for it it's the first time I'm feeling uneasy about a ride coming to USF, watching the USH version just left me feeling so underwhelmed. I know it was made specifically for the tram but a ride like this doesn't look like it would make for a great standalone attraction.

I'm not going to lie man, it won't. It's like 90 seconds. The reason such a short 90-120 second subway tram piece worked so well in Disaster is because the entire show leading up to it is interactive and fun, especially for first-timers. They will need to change some things, especially with the revolutionary screen based attractions right nearby (Transformers, Gringotts).

Last edited:
Reactions: JumpingJackFlash
I would be happy with a complete clone of Transformers but with Fast and the Furious on the screens instead lol. :lol:

So many screens... they might as well take out all the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and add Screens instead of the Dinosaurs.
I mean, why not. Even add a screen where the T Rex is.
that would be great... Screens were the raptors are, screens for E v e r y t h i n g

(Let's add Screens to ET as well, there's no reason that ride cannot be cool 3d Screens!
(add screens to Men In Black too, Why NOT )

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I couldn't disagree more with you. While some of the internet forum hardcore fans will be disappointed, the General Public will be in a state of ecstatic joy over what's happening at Universal Orlando & WDW in 2017. These are, except for Fallon, major attractions & lands. Orlando will probably experience record tourist traffic unless the economy tanks. And people will be happy with what they see. ....Take a look at F&F on the Tram Tour. Insiders don't care for the attraction but the attendance has exploded for a park that's all construction walls right now. The general public wanted to see F&F and they keep coming back. The General Public is the bottom line, not people like you & me that study these forums and have much higher expectations than the average theme park attendee. :)

I meant from a fan perspective. The general audiences will eat it up, no doubt.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not gonna get my hopes up on this, but at the same time i'll hope for the best (if that makes sense?).

My only issue is that it's a lot of land to be dedicated to what I fear will be a pretty average ride if it truly is a clone. The ride time will be incredibly short too.

Maybe there will be enough room back there left to put up another sprung tent for HHN though since they'll be losing house space at Disaster.

This is exactly how I am feeling at the moment. I've actually been on the USH Tram and experienced Supercharged there... It's a decent addition to tram tour (the bad CGI everyone has mentioned from the online is not as distracting when viewed in 3D in person) but I simply hope for more in the Orlando version. The tram can get away with a shorter ride time because it's only a part of a much larger overall experience... In Orlando, that will be very different.

And now you've got the wishful thinking part of my brain hoping for another sprung tent. Probably no where near likely, but I can dream!

Reactions: Nick
They will, it's been too long without a F&F ride. I know the series look like it was on it's last legs after Tokyo Drift but I thought they're would have been a ride by the time the 6th movie came out.

I just realized that through all of this there is one positive to take away: all those rumors of MIB going away for this ride isn't the case anymore! :)

Yeah unless this plot also includes a new HHN house, there's no way it could be a clone of the Hollywood version. Having a huge queue for a mediocre ride would make no sense.

Hoping that the Hollywood "ride" is just a small part of the Orlando version.

Has anyone thought maybe multiple "theatres" to boost capacity? That could account easily for the extra space.

The capacity would be pretty large in general, even with one.

I guess it all depends how load/unload would work and if they operate on a similar amount of vehicle "bays" for the show as USH.

Who knows, maybe they go with shorter vehicles and multiple theaters so they can load/unload multiple vehicles at once. We shall see in due time.

Wasn't there another F&F section on the tram tour with real ca s that moved, for a little stunt effect?
I disagree, supercharge was a part of the tram tour, a longer experience to a classic ride, and a very long one at that. Basing an attraction on that one section without going all Kong on it will be a disaster, IMO.

The west coast has a different outlook to their parks, and the tram tour itself is a big part of any good word. I have a feeling it will get massacred here.