Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The while scene with bugs and bats, will that all be set pieces, something resembling the spider scene in Forbidden Journey? I am probably looking forward to this the most, as the spider thing in FJ is my favorite part of that ride, just feels so organic, absolutely love it.

I have no idea about any of the tangible elements but if I were to guess, I would say Advanced Animations in Vermont is creating all of them. They did all the animatronics in Gringott's queue etc. As those have proven very reliable, I assume that UC would use them again.

They will likely also use them to create the animatronics that NONE of you have heard tell about yet. Oooooooh! ;)

Last edited:
I have no idea about any of the tangible elements but if I were to guess, I would say Advanced Animations in Vermont is creating all of them. They did all the animatronics in Gringott's queue etc. As those have proven very reliable, I assume that UC would use them again.

They will likely also use them to create the animatronics that NONE of you have heard tell about yet. Oooooooh! ;)
OK, time to start spilling the beans.

Jack Black animatronic. I'm calling it.

Wait, are you talking about where the vehicles will be going into the showbuilding? Have you ever seen King Kong?

lol, yes, I have seen King kong, the photo below resembles something more medieval to me, this is what I'm confused about. Nothing like this is seen in film.
QbRg5nY.jpg

lol, yes, I have seen King kong, the photo below resembles something more medieval to me, this is what I'm confused about. Nothing like this is seen in film.
QbRg5nY.jpg

I think that, much like primer on a house, it will not end up looking that way in the end. Just a moment in construction in which it happens to resemble something else. I am curious just how they will muck it up... fun stuff.

Reactions: Cole
Forgive me older members... we have so many newer members here that I figured I will once again show everyone the ride tech being employed for this attraction. Oh, and for even the older members, I have since discovered that the Kong vehicles will have crab steering too! Enjoy!

I call it, "Look Ma, no hands!":

Last edited:
QbRg5nY.jpg
This structure made me think the King Kong video game.
I remember, a lot of the level design was composed by ancient ruins.
I looked for a photo and it's a little similar, i'm pretty sure it's will be themed like a ruined temple or something like that !

Attachments

• konggame.jpg
    konggame.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Jon84 and Stitchie
Forgive me older members... we have so many newer members here that I figured I will once again show everyone the ride tech being employed for this attraction. Oh, and for even the older members, I have since discovered that the Kong vehicles will have crab steering too! Enjoy!

Cool! I was wondering how this would work with no track and an AA driver.

Oh, and for even the older members, I have since discovered that the Kong vehicles will have crab steering too!

Now that conversation was a long time ago! Neat feature, could have some awesome applications (rock slide... Hmm, moving floor panels you say?)...

QbRg5nY.jpg

There is something that you single riders out there may be able to enjoy about this picture. That pale gray box on the far right is not only the exit, but I believe the single riders queue as well. There is a 24' hurdle near the end that I cannot reconcile simply but perhaps UC doesn't care about the simplicity. Regardless, it is a straight line to load and perhaps they could care less about the slightly awkward nature of it.

Ain't these construction times grand? And many more to come!

Ok, now I can tell you. Ending today at 4pm was the project 340 barbecue for all of the contractors. It must have become a dead worksite around 2PM today. I have fond memories of such a barbecue that I told you about 5 years ago for the contractors of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. A milestone.

I find it odd that these things actually make people feel good. I'd rather leave early and go eat thai with a friend.

Last edited:
Ok so we al know concept art can show is so much. What do you al think of the presence of a huge skull rock formation somewhere in the ride or land???

I have wondered about the crab steering feature since the beginning... and I'm all kinds of ohhhh and ahhhh about additional animatronics!