Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

Looks like we might have a new logo.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 1.46.32 PM.png

I like it -- it looks more refined and would definitely appeal to the business traveller set, which is what they are going for.

and they have new traffic signs up about one side of the street being closed. do you all think they are going to shut the whole road down during this process and only depend on the other entrance to the lots or are they going to do one half now (leaving one lane of traffic open) then when the bridge is done, do the other? I'm also wondering if they are going to go with one solid bridge, or do two separate one with a small gap in the middle like they did the other ones.

Just curious does anyone know where the pool will be?

if you look at the picture that pat_naughty posted a few posts up, you will see two bodies of water on the right side of the hotel between the four wings of rooms. From what I saw in concept art they released, the upper one is the pool. the lower one is a pond/water taxi area. The part of the building that looks like it divides the water is a walkway. There's a water fall that is under that walkway and separates both bodies of water.

and they have new traffic signs up about one side of the street being closed. do you all think they are going to shut the whole road down during this process and only depend on the other entrance to the lots or are they going to do one half now (leaving one lane of traffic open) then when the bridge is done, do the other? I'm also wondering if they are going to go with one solid bridge, or do two separate one with a small gap in the middle like they did the other ones.
I have heard that the road will be closed beginning on or around October 5th until the bridge is complete. Haven't heard if it will be one single bridge or double, but I suspect it will be just one.

That artwork causes me to wonder if the underground tunnel to VB has been cancelled. It makes the retention pond behind the convention center look impassible. Perhaps it is not intended to display other facts so as not to confuse.

That artwork causes me to wonder if the underground tunnel to VB has been cancelled. It makes the retention pond behind the convention center look impassible. Perhaps it is not intended to display other facts so as not to confuse.

I was hoping this work in the corner of the pond directly opposite the closest corner of Volcano Bay might be them preparing to dig the tunnel, but I don't really have any expertise to make that determination. This is last weekend.

I was hoping this work in the corner of the pond directly opposite the closest corner of Volcano Bay might be them preparing to dig the tunnel, but I don't really have any expertise to make that determination. This is last weekend.

I meant to respond to this yesterday but I just drifted to happy town.

It may well be such prep, it appears in the right location. What I have seen was so scratchy and hand drawn preliminary, I don't dare suggest that it is etched in stone. The green banks even in the distance are to have roadways built right up through to this area with drop-offs for buses etc.

So, great pic. Let's keep a north eye!

The retention pond that's currently near I-4 in front of Sapphire Falls will probably shrink, part of which will be used to fill up the new basin for the boats, and leave enough room for the tunnel.

Here's the view from the Americana tower.

Does it look like they've reserved the right to add more levels to the parking garage? It looks like there's a ramp on the top that should go to another level but just stops.

They definitely have some big pumps there moving water. It also looks like some of the bank is exposed meaning the water level is down. Looks like a dewatering operation to me and not just normal equipment.