Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have they ever extended the event in Orlando before?
Technically it's already been extended this year, the original dates were Sept 25 - Oct 31. As far as extending once the event has already started I would be curious to know as well. One aspect to consider is they've already been planning the Jacks ball thing for closing night, I doubt they would change that and it would be a little strange to have it but it not be the last night.

Hollywood is a lot smaller and feels a lot more crowded, and the most surprising difference is that HHN Hollywood does NOT serve alcohol. Which probably means less cash flow overall than Orlando.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Yeah many are flying down to go to the final night of HHN, it's a tradition to tons of fans. Taking that away from them until a later date is just lame even though I want this event to last every night of the year lol

Have they ever extended the event in Orlando before?

I can't remember them ever extending end dates. Generally any dates post-Halloween have been just FFP holders coming for one last house or final B&T. A week later seems crazy, can't see them selling any significant number of single-day tickets that weekend.

Also, as BriMan said, they need to convert a soundstage to Grinchmas, and much of the B&T cast or scare-actors probably have to start rehearsals for that show or the Macys parade. The universe of UOR actors is surprisingly small. A week delay could easily upset those plans.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Hey Guys!

Super excited because I'm coming down to Orlando this weekend so I get to experience HHN in Hollywood and Florida this year!

However, I'm no expert on Orlando's HHN, so I could use some friendly advice!

For starters, I’m coming to see my family down there for a few days, and to them, HHN isn’t a priority, but they do want to go. My mom, though, can’t walk much before she starts hurting due to her condition, and she’s too embarrassed to use a wheelchair, so there is some retriction, and we will most likely do HHN for only 3-4 hours on Sunday night.

Now, knowing that and the fact we are doing a 2-day, 2-park hopper (Friday and Saturday) with a Stay and Scream add on, what do you recommend we do? They will probably want to do dinner in CityWalk on Sunday before entering, which means we will not enter the park any earlier than 6:30 or 7. How realistic is to see the houses/shows in a few hours? How many do you think we can get done without rushing since my mom can’t. Also, we cannot afford the Express pass. :(

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Love you guys and love this board!

Best,
NYG
You're going to have to have dinner way before that. Be prepared to wait an hour each house... That doesn't mean you will, but the later you stay the longer the waits and the nastier the crowd gets. I did the same thing you're planning and it was absolutely the wrong choice. I should have went in early. If not, you're not going to get to all the houses. Especially with someone with a walking disability. The rest times will take some time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It was already stated that they had limited stock in these items. They were selling so well that none of the other junk was selling... so they pulled them to force sell the other. God Bless America...

And that would cause them to pull the pass holder shirts before the last two days of the pass holder preview event?

Do phone cases really sell THAT well (I really do not know)?

My wife tells me the price for the Tervis cup went up by $2 when it came back. ( which is nothing compared to the price increase of the Jack in the Box sculpture when the artist agreed to make more that you could order for DEC delivery or something).

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe any retailer would pull a product for selling too well even if it was a ploy to sell more of other items.

If they were in short supply, why would they sell the items over the phone and ship them to you after they came Back?

I think there is more to the story and it had nothing to due with the IP rights to Chucky,but that is because I just do not think you pull something for selling too well and you only pull the items with the same artwork on it, but I guess that is why the phone cases were selling faster than desired.

Anyway, I'll never know the truth so I will accept this explanation even though it makes no walking around sense to me, but I do not work in retail.

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe any retailer would pull a product for selling too well even if it was a ploy to sell more of other items.

Well, the rest of my statement was fact, they were there, then they weren't, then they were. The rest was my conjecture. Barring any other explanation, I feel that mine was plausible. Save the best for the mega fans and push the rest on average visitors.

The black helicopter talk had me doing this face: :look:

so I heard that some groups are going to meet for the final Jack show to make it the best show of the event? (as far as crowds go) that sounds kind of interesting. I might pass by to see how that final show goes.

Someone please film the final carnage show. It's gotten so much love this past year that it's gonna have an amazing crowd. I'm positive the improv will be incredible too