Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How much of the ride time will involve a stationary vehicle and 3D scenes? The Googlemap image of the show building makes it look a lot smaller than JPRA. So I assume the Kong ride will have extended sequences when the vehicle is stationary?

Actually, it is not. There are definitely two and I can see a reason for 3.
So, sort of like Gringotts with the Different rooms?

It also sounds like the ride will be at least 6 minutes long but the queue will also be part of the experience. Another similarity to Gringotts and the short screen scene before you board the vehicles and the elevator?

So, sort of like Gringotts with the Different rooms?

That's precisely what I was thinking. Multiple stationary 3D scenes sounds like Gringotts.

Hoping the pacing of Kong is better, though, because if there's any weakness in Gringotts, I think it's the pacing of the ride.

Reactions: Cole
That's precisely what I was thinking. Multiple stationary 3D scenes sounds like Gringotts.

Hoping the pacing of Kong is better, though, because if there's any weakness in Gringotts, I think it's the pacing of the ride.

Wouldn't one of the advantages of the new ride vehicles be that they don't necessarily need to be stationary while the scene plays out? If it can stop, start, steer on a dime, etc, then there are a lot of opportunities for lengthening the ride even though the overall ride path may appear short.

Plus Kong is apx. 2 minutes longer. That's a lot of extra ride time to pace the ride better. Gringott's ends so abruptly. Kong shouldn't be a problem with that extra time.

i'm thinking 34" or so, or whatever ET's is.

I thought this was not going to have any height restriction. One of the reasons ET has 34" is because of the vehicle restraints and how you have your own seat. I would think with Kong it would have different restraints and not have individual seats, but more of a bench style ride. Am I wrong?

Not sure if this has been asked yet but any idea on what kind of restrictions might be on this ride?

i'm thinking 34" or so, or whatever ET's is.

I thought this was not going to have any height restriction. One of the reasons ET has 34" is because of the vehicle restraints and how you have your own seat. I would think with Kong it would have different restraints and not have individual seats, but more of a bench style ride. Am I wrong?

I thought the 34-inch height requirement was confirmed long ago, around when it was announced.