Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tiffins Signature Restaurant Coming to DAK in 2016

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
daktdakt2511211-613x363.jpg

Tiffins will celebrate the art of traveling, featuring a diverse menu drawing from places that inspired the creation of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Open for both lunch and dinner, Tiffins will also include waterfront views from comfortable indoor and outdoor seating areas. And if you’re wondering about the story behind the name, “tiffin” is an Indian English word for a midday meal or a type of container used to carry food while traveling.

Tiffins Signature Restaurant Coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2016 « Disney Parks Blog

Oh yay! another restaurant woop woop ...... Sooooo where is this one going?
Behind Pizzafari, along the trail towards Avatar. It will share a kitchen with Pizzafari as well. Here's a fairly recent picture (from WDWTraveler over on Magic):

IMG_6859_zpsivm8yzri.jpg

Behind Pizzafari, along the trail towards Avatar. It will share a kitchen with Pizzafari as well. Here's a fairly recent picture (from WDWTraveler over on Magic):

IMG_6859_zpsivm8yzri.jpg
Ok, so it's a sister project to Avatar "in a way". Weird that the water view would not be towards the Tree of Life or RoL. Also I wonder if this will be the default sit down restaurant for Avatar... I haven't heard much about food offerings for Pandora, except for the generic "must have" quick service and carts.

Ok, so it's a sister project to Avatar "in a way". Weird that the water view would not be towards the Tree of Life or RoL. Also I wonder if this will be the default sit down restaurant for Avatar... I haven't heard much about food offerings for Pandora, except for the generic "must have" quick service and carts.
There will be a quick service restaurant themed to the Mess Hall from the movie, but I don't believe there will be a sitdown inside the land.

Is this the new table service that people have been talking for a while coming to Discovery Island for a while now or a different one?

Looks good to me and the concept art shows people that look happy so I'm cool with that. Disney laying the groundwork for things to come at AK.
Fun fact: Burned my hand with some Spaghetti Sauce at Pizzafari long ago. So I'm glad to see Tiffins is sharing a kitchen with those bullies.

Looks good to me and the concept art shows people that look happy so I'm cool with that. Disney laying the groundwork for things to come at AK.
Fun fact: Burned my hand with some Spaghetti Sauce at Pizzafari long ago. So I'm glad to see Tiffins is sharing a kitchen with those bullies.

[HASHTAG]#BullyDisney[/HASHTAG]

Quick aside. Where in hell did I take this picture? I can't remember this location at all... (stumbled upon while looking for everest pics)

ak_high_zpsc0deuxws.jpg
Looks to be from somewhere around the Africa side of the Africa bridge because of the boat dock across the river there.